Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McDonald's All American Game 2014

Featured Replies

When Coach K or Self get to the level of recruiting Calipari is at when it comes to bringing in one and dones they just may get a Pat Forde article. Besides Forde and Cowlishaw who else has flamed Cal?

 

 

Some hack on BGP by the name of Jim Schue. :lol2:

  • Replies 134
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tough tough miss on Mudiay and Blackmon.

 

I agree about Mudiay. I remember reading/hearing for months he was essentially a UK lock. Needless to say, I was stunned when he picked SMU (maybe that's just the precedent Cal has set). But, he's playing for a hall of fame and championship coach whose team is on the rise and it is his home state, so you can't blame him.

 

As far as Blackmon goes, I don't think UK is ever going to miss him. I think he's a good shooter but not the type of elite athlete Cal usually gets. I'll root for him though since his dad played at UK and he seems like a good kid.

Duke's going 40-0 next year.

 

And they will lose in the first round to NKU of NCAA Tournament This is Duke's story for many many years

Coach K won't, just like Bill Self doesn't, or anyone else. Coach Cal was just ahead of the times and ahead of the game when it came to the one and done. Usually when someone is in that position with anything, they take the most ridicule.

 

Don't forget that it was out of necessity; BCG had left Cal very little to work with.

  • Author
Bobby Knight, if he counts. I don't have the greatest memory to answer that question for you because I usually don't pay attention. Maybe there aren't as many "talking heads" as I thought, but another UK fan could answer it better.

 

He has received a ton of ridicule from opposing fans for it though, for what that is worth. I often hear UL, IU, UC, OSU, and etc. fans complain that Calipari's one and done players are ruining the college game.

 

I just feel like when you're the first to really accept a change, or make a change, even if its for the better, you take the most ridicule until everyone else catches up. That's not just college bball recruiting but other aspects that I've seen in my short experience.

 

 

Truth.

 

Bobby Knight doesn't count. He lost his ability to continue to be relevant when he confused the shot clock and game clock at the end of a game over a year ago. Actually, he lost his ability to be relevant before that but that game made it official.

  • Author
And they will lose in the first round to NKU of NCAA Tournament This is Duke's story for many many years

 

2010...won the title

 

2011...lost to Arizona in the Sweet 16

 

2012...lost to Lehigh in the first round

 

2013...lost to UL in the Elite 8

 

2014...lost to Mercer in the first round

 

 

Story for many many years? Uhh....okay.

^ I'll do you one better. All the way back to 2000.

 

 

2000- Sweet 16

2001- National Champion

2002- Sweet 16

2003- Sweet 16

2004- Final Four

2005- Sweet 16

2006- Sweet 16

2007- 1st round

2008- 2nd Round

2009- Sweet 16

^ I'll do you one better. All the way back to 2000.

 

 

2000- Sweet 16

2001- National Champion

2002- Sweet 16

2003- Sweet 16

2004- Final Four

2005- Sweet 16

2006- Sweet 16

2007- 1st round

2008- 2nd Round

2009- Sweet 16

 

I think people are assuming that losing early to someone bad is a pattern because Coach K became the first coach ever to lose to a 14 and 15 seed right?

They already have shirts made. They can get them from wildcat corner.

 

I'll rather have the final four shirts..oh wait, I have one already:sssh:

  • Author
I think people are assuming that losing early to someone bad is a pattern because Coach K became the first coach ever to lose to a 14 and 15 seed right?

 

I think it is just hate. People can talk about who they lost to and when all they want. Duke is currently one of the top 3 programs in college basketball.

I think it is just hate. People can talk about who they lost to and when all they want. Duke is currently one of the top 3 programs in college basketball.

 

I laugh at Duke on the VERY rare occasions something like that happens, but I also know they are a top 3 program and a top team basically every year. Coach K is a great coach. If it makes you feel better, somehow there are still lots of people talking about UK losing to Robert Morris in the NIT in a year they lost their best player. This is occurring even though this is now 4 elite 8s, 3 final fours, and a chance to add a 2nd national title in 5 years under Cal. I understand the hate you speak of.

  • Author
I laugh at Duke on the VERY rare occasions something like that happens, but I also know they are a top 3 program and a top team basically every year. Coach K is a great coach. If it makes you feel better, somehow there are still lots of people talking about UK losing to Robert Morris in the NIT in a year they lost their best player. This is occurring even though this is now 4 elite 8s, 3 final fours, and a chance to add a 2nd national title in 5 years under Cal. I understand the hate you speak of.

 

Yep. You know.

I agree about Mudiay. I remember reading/hearing for months he was essentially a UK lock. Needless to say' date=' I was stunned when he picked SMU (maybe that's just the precedent Cal has set). But, he's playing for a hall of fame and championship coach whose team is on the rise and it is his home state, so you can't blame him. As far as Blackmon goes, I don't think UK is ever going to miss him. I think he's a good shooter but not the type of elite athlete Cal usually gets. I'll root for him though since his dad played at UK and he seems like a good kid.[/quote']

 

Mudiay is going to be a star, he has some Jwall/Drose traits. I'm very bummed about him.

  • Author
Mudiay is going to be a star, he has some Jwall/Drose traits. I'm very bummed about him.

 

 

We are all bummed about him. I can't wait to see the 30 for 30 on how SMU landed him.

Don't forget that it was out of necessity; BCG had left Cal very little to work with.

 

Maybe. We'll never know, but its not like he started recruiting Wall, Bledsoe, and Cousins hard when he got to UK. I'm guessing but all three probably were thinking Memphis until he got the job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.