BGP Get-Together - Some Informal Observations

mcpapa

If there are two more passionate people about the causes they believe in than Mr and Mrs Swamprat, I'd like to meet them. The fact that they flew in from Florida for Dave's funeral services is certainly testament to that. Swampy has done more behind the scenes work for BGP over the years than anyone and from all his posts, it is obvious they are devoted to their family. The topper on the cake, though, is their undying loyalty to USF. Clyde asked Mrs. Rat last night "So what USF sports do you have season tickets to?" Her answer "All of them" Wow. That includes soccer, baseball, you name it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much awesomeness, not enough time.

Just so you all know, if I meet a BGPer, I'm going to hug you, (and your spouse, friend, etc. :))

And even if I've met you before, and I see you again, I'm going to hug you.

Word.

So much awesomeness, not enough time.

Just so you all know, if I meet a BGPer, I'm going to hug you, (and your spouse, friend, etc. :))

And even if I've met you before, and I see you again, I'm going to hug you.

Word.

That got a like for one reason.

Word.

Let me add this and I told Mentsch and Watusi this last night.

Once you meet a fellow BGPer that you've only known online it's almost impossible to not like them more and look at them differently.

It's why I look forward to meeting UKfan. It will be my pleasure.

I wish I was there last night, but what you say is so true. Saturday when we were at the baseball game, although we just met this year, it felt like I've known you all my life.

Last night was very healing for me, spending time among so many of my fellow BGPers. Whether I was lucky enough to sit and chat at length with you or was able to just spend a few minutes, the presence of so many of us who loved Dave...well, it's true that we are like a family. It's wonderful how we were all joined together through our love of Dave.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

I just hope we all can have meet-n-greets every few months, which the date, time, and place are set up well in advance so more people could make arrangements to possibly show up. It was nice meeting BGP'ers for the first time, but I'd rather not do it at a wake. Plus, you just never know who's time is going to be up, or when......

I just hope we all can have meet-n-greets every few months' date=' which the date, time, and place are set up well in advance so more people could make arrangements to possibly show up. It was nice meeting BGP'ers for the first time, but I'd rather not do it at a wake. Plus, you just never know who's time is going to be up, or when......[/quote']

I'm thinking July for a BBQ if folks wanna visit the Bourbon City.

I am very sorry I could not attend the wake but have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. I know Dave is also reading along smiling down. I mean to know how many fellow BGPers truly loved this guy is just a blessing. I want to be at the next get together for sure.

We have to get together more often. It's now one of my greatest regrets that I did not attend the NKY holiday get together. We should never assume that there will be a "next time."

I'm hoping to to so again - the sooner the better. As I've told a few other folks, I was pretty daggone sick when the last soiree took place and it got to the point of being scary (although I did the best stubborn male job I could of downplaying things). I don't remember it but the wife tells me that the local ER doc told her that I wasn't in good shape at all when things came to a head.

So I'm not taking the "next times" for granted, but still looking forward to them nevertheless.:thumb: