BGP Get-Together - Some Informal Observations

mcpapa

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that have not had the pleasure of meeting MentschTrachtGottLacht you have no idea. If you ever get the opportunity, do it. MTGL is one of the most amazing, engaging, perceptive, and loving people you will ever meet.

Wow, 'Ru, I don't know what I did to deserve that post, but it certainly provides me a lot to try to live up to. You're a good friend and that post means a lot...thanks.

As I said to you last night, seeing people (and their spouses) fly in from Florida is a testament to you and the tribe mentality you've fostered here. This site may be, in its purest form, a message board centered around high school sports, but those of us that have thrown ourselves into it know it is SO MUCH MORE than that. It is the people, the relationships, and the familial attitude that has taken hold of us. You deserve 100% of the credit for the idea and nearly all of the credit for making it happen.

For those of you that have not had the pleasure of meeting MentschTrachtGottLacht you have no idea. If you ever get the opportunity, do it. MTGL is one of the most amazing, engaging, perceptive, and loving people you will ever meet.

Just remember to wear sunglasses, even if indoors. :clap:

I kind of like this whole "take over the entire restaurant" thing. I think we had all the tables and chairs in the place. Poor remaining people in the booths had no clue what to think of the BGP crew. We should do it more often.

Wow, 'Ru, I don't know what I did to deserve that post, but it certainly provides me a lot to try to live up to. You're a good friend and that post means a lot...thanks.

As I said to you last night, seeing people (and their spouses) fly in from Florida is a testament to you and the tribe mentality you've fostered here. This site may be, in its purest form, a message board centered around high school sports, but those of us that have thrown ourselves into it know it is SO MUCH MORE than that. It is the people, the relationships, and the familial attitude that has taken hold of us. You deserve 100% of the credit for the idea and nearly all of the credit for making it happen.

I do not deserve anywhere near that much credit but I appreciate all of your kind words.

I do not deserve anywhere near that much credit but I appreciate all of your kind words.
As I told you last night, if had not been for you creating BGP, I would have never met my best friend, Dave. I wouldn't have such wonderful, close friends as swamprat and Mrs swamprat, RebelK and Mr ReblelK, True blue (and gold), rockmom and a host of others. A lot of good friendships have happened because you loved high school football enough to make BGP. What you made is a family, may not have been your intention, but you have played a big part in a lot of lives and because of BGP, my life became much better and I believe many others on here will say the same.

As I told you last night, if had not been for you creating BGP, I would have never met my best friend, Dave. I wouldn't have such wonderful, close friends as swamprat and Mrs swamprat, RebelK and Mr ReblelK, True blue (and gold), rockmom and a host of others. A lot of good friendships have happened because you loved high school football enough to make BGP. What you made is a family, may not have been your intention, but you have played a big part in a lot of lives and because of BGP, my life became much better and I believe many others on here will say the same.

Guru was sort of the gardener that got everything going. While dozens upon dozens may have lent a hand getting BGP to what it is, Ru sowed the seeds that started the growth.

I'm new to this site, but after having read through this entire thread about the sad passing of Birdsfan, I'm struck with an overwhelming regret for not getting involved sooner. The way you guys truly seem to like and care about each other is something I never expected. I look forward to getting more involved and hopefully attending a get together at some point.