BGP Band and Choir

hoops5

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in the All-Jefferson Co. Choir and we sang "Matchmaker" at Freedom Hall. It was pretty cool and I remember it well. My voice changed over the summer leading to my 8th grade year, haven't been able to sing a lick since. Didn't make it my 8th grade year. I am great in the car, though. I can rock with those 70's on Sirius/XM

To this day, if you go into Steinhauser Gymnasium at Trinity and look up on the wall behind the basket, you'll see the Trinity Chorus championship banner from 1999. I was in that group. It cracks me up to no end that it's up there with all the state championship banners for football, cross country, etc.

Sing like a Rock.

I took notice of this banner last month when NewCath played Trinity. :thumb:

In grade school I was a descant in our church choir at Most Blessed Sacrament. I was lead soprano in our Glee Club in high school and soloist at times. I used to sign the national anthem at our home games, and sang once at the girls LIT. One of my most cherished moments was my senior year of high school when our club performed at the J.A. Festival of Christmas Trees. It's the only performance my dad ever got to see because of his work schedule. I sang White Christmas solo a capella. It was our closing number. When I found my dad after the show, he was crying.

My daughter dabbled in the singing somewhat with the musicals and the choir. Then her senior year she joined Chamber Choir. At the Baccalaureate Mass, she caught me by surprise when she stepped out in front and had the first solo. I was verklempt.

There wasn't ever a chamber choir in the days I was at Cov Cath...I was in the Cov Cath/NDA Chorus my junior and senior years. We performed at the Christmas Concert, some time around Easter, and at the diocesan senior mass.

The choir grew from about 5 people to 60 while I was at CCH, mostly due to Rich Klus. A lot of us stuck with it as seniors. The chorus became so big that Klus was actually forced to create a Chamber Choir to separate the bozos from the (semi) talented singers.

I've played drums for 15 or so years... Less often these days.

Played in band in high school for 2 years, but I couldn't read music all that well so if I wasn't the trap set I didn't get to show off too much. :lol2: