Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2014

Bracken County job is being reopened to applicants.

What a disaster! At this point in the process they're just hurting the kids within the program.

With both Jason Hinson, and Scott Code declining the job, who do they really expect to hire?

Sounds like it has turned into a fiasco that most qualified applicants would steer clear of.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a disaster! At this point in the process they're just hurting the kids within the program.

With both Jason Hinson, and Scott Code declining the job, who do they really expect to hire?

Sounds like it has turned into a fiasco that most qualified applicants would steer clear of.

Should've just left everything alone.

My bad. Misspoke on that. Head coach, assistant principal. Either way, congratulations on the move! Very good hire for Murray.

Bart Flener has been successful at most every stop. Glad to see him back in hs basketball.

Christian Academy Louisville hires Chad Carr as new boys head basketball coach. Wouldn't call this the best hire....

I disagree, Chad is a good hire. CAL has other previsions in place (no drinking, cursing just from what I heard I could be 100% wrong on that.) things of that nature. That takes away a few candidates alone. Also just because a coach is at a small school does not mean he is not a good coach. Most jobs in JCPS are who you know gets it.

I disagree, Chad is a good hire. CAL has other previsions in place (no drinking, cursing just from what I heard I could be 100% wrong on that.) things of that nature. That takes away a few candidates alone. Also just because a coach is at a small school does not mean he is not a good coach. Most jobs in JCPS are who you know gets it.

True about the cursing and drinking (have to sign a waiver). I didnt say it was a bad hire, I just had heard that he wasn't the best candidate...

IIRC, his three kids all already go to CAL.

Hickory, I was not referring to teacher/coach pay scale. I was just referring to the financial problems the Lexington city schools are having with budget cuts. I didn't know if that was the reason why nobody has been named or if I missed it. Sorry for the confusion.

The coaches stipends havent been touched by the budget cuts as far as I know. Each of the high schools lost several teachers (between 5-8 per school) so having an opening & getting it filled by someone will be tough for one of them @ this point in the year. [case in point, Tates Creek just named an interim head football coach, no teaching jobs to speak of @ the school from what I hear & the interim is an officer who works in the school]

I'm hearing Tony Williams is going to be the next coach at Doss. Former Doss and UofL player he is the current coach at St Francis did a good job there and he won't have to recruit to Doss they always have talent.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13