Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2014

District championships and regional appearances says it all and that is all I needed to hear. Neither school has had any real success. I'm not saying mercer has had success but please don't try to tell me Boyle has because of regional appearances. To me that is not something to brag about

4 Regional appearances in 6 years isn't worth bragging about? How can you make it to Rupp if you can't even make the region tournament? Tough crowd.

I'll take 3 District Championships, 1 District Runner-up, 2 Regional Semifinal appearances, 1 Regional Runner-up in 4 total Regional tourney appearances in 6 years any day. How that isn't good enough is beyond me. We have yet to have a team underachieve during Coach Adams' time at Boyle and IMO that is indeed worth bragging about it.

Edited by PurplePride92

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Warren High School has to be one of the best jobs available in the STATE! Huge multimillion dollar gym that rivals some colleges... The scoreboard alone cost $75,000 dollars. Competitive district with Bowling Green and Warren Central. And one of the largest cities in the State with a Major University 10 minutes down the rd, WKU. Not to mention some amazing young talent for the next few years....

I do agree that there are some ingredients for success there. But just because you got the ingredients for cookies don't mean you are making cookies! I hope they select someone who will stay to get this thing going.

Ok, that is who I was thinking and exactly (that he has done a great job) what I was thinking. Didn't know if he had landed somewhere else or not which is why I was asking. From what little I know being from Fl., the Louisville area jobs normally tend to pay very well, so I am always somewhat surprised when one of these come open for a coach to go somewhere else. Thanks for the info!

I think the teaching salary (and perks) in comparison with surrounding counties are pretty good in Jefferson. I don't know how the coaching pay stacks up....other than I am sure it is not enough based on the time that is put in!!!

For JCPS it is $4,413 first year- $7,171 year four. That is on top of your salary depending on your role in the school.

Doss could be a good job, it is in the toughest district in the state. IMO. KC did a great job there.

Yes I was speaking mainly of the teaching salary combined w/the coaching stipend. Would be a significant raise for most any coach from my state. Makes plenty of sense that he would leave Doss for Ky Wesleyan. Tough district no doubt. How are the facilities and things at Doss compared to other Louisville schools ?

I've heard KC has wanted out of Doss the last two years. Applied for the Eastern job two years ago. Doss has good facilities but zero community support anymore. Lots of talent but the school is struggling academically and the school climate has changed over the years. Most people think the school is out of control. Doss was in the news on three separate occasions last week for threats against teachers, bomb threat, and police called three times in one day for fighting. Coaching salary is not as good as out in the state, but teaching salary is one of the highest. Depending on KC education and number of years, I would think he is taking a pay cut. Small colleges don't pay assistants much.

KC is really good. Now one wonders how many of the Doss juniors will return. Hate to see a school drag down such a good guy and cause him to leave. Fairdale and Doss have massive coaching shoes to fill. Fairdale has good community support though, while Doss has none. I thought Doss would be the favorite in the 6th next year. Now, it's gotta be Bullitt East.