Boyd County vs Farview 1st Rd Districts

Tiny

I hope Fairview can pull the upset

You and every other poster but 4 of us...... :D

Like I have said, time and time again.....Count us out we dont care, this is the position we want. We want to show the Region what we have and show the Ashland Daily Independent what we think of their picks too.... :thumb:

If Owens and the Boys can play as a team, we will be hard to beat, but if they dont, we will be easy to beat...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview controls the boards and Barker hounds Owens all night forcing him to take good shots. Owens still get 32 but rest of the team combine for only 22

Fairview 58

Boyd 54

Looks like a solid pick. The Wizard of Westwood may be dancing in the streets if he can pull this one out of his hat. :dancingpa

You and every other poster but 4 of us...... :D

Like I have said, time and time again.....Count us out we dont care, this is the position we want. We want to show the Region what we have and show the Ashland Daily Independent what we think of their picks too.... :thumb:

If Owens and the Boys can play as a team, we will be hard to beat, but if they dont, we will be easy to beat...

Paranoia will destroya...Most people are picking BC,2 of the 3 ADI writers picked BC, the Lexington Herald picked BC to win the region and the game is at Boyd.Please spare us the "Woe is me" attitude.

Fairview controls the boards and Barker hounds Owens all night forcing him to take good shots. Owens still get 32 but rest of the team combine for only 22

Fairview 58

Boyd 54

I'd like to see Fairview win but I would think that Pratt would take the Owens vs Barker matchup all night long!!!

Come on West Virginia Boy do you really think that Cooksey is going to put Barker on Owens again???!?!. Barker wasted too much energy on the defensive end last time trying to stop Owens. Owens will get 30 regardless but the Eagles under the direction of Rex Cooksey will have a solid game plan to knock off Boyd and go on to win their first district title since 1977. Come this weekend the Eagles will be the favorite to cut down the nets in Morehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on West Virginia Boy do you really think that Cooksey is going to put Barker on Owens again???!?!. Barker wasted too much energy on the defensive end last time trying to stop Owens. Owens will get 30 regardless but the Eagles under the direction of Rex Cooksey will have a solid game plan to knock off Boyd and go on to win their first district title since 1977. Come this weekend the Eagles will be the favorite to cut down the nets in Morehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did Cooksey all of a sudden become the God of coaches in the area??

I can remember back in the days when he had teams go winless in a whole season, even lost to Rose Hill, way before OJ's days and coughed up 20 pt halftime leads....So, yeah I would say Barker will be on Owens...

When did Cooksey all of a sudden become the God of coaches in the area??

I can remember back in the days when he had teams go winless in a whole season, even lost to Rose Hill, way before OJ's days and coughed up 20 pt halftime leads....So, yeah I would say Barker will be on Owens...

Redblood -I don't think anyone is saying that Cooksey is the "God of coaches" in the area but IMO he has done a good job.Remember Fairview lost a 2 time all area player(Fannin),returned no double digit scorers and only played 8 out of 28 games at home this year.They have none of the players being touted as POY yet they have managed to win 20 games.They have 4 players avg. double figures(Can any other team boast such balance) which says a lot about the coaching philosophy.

LIKE I SAID "Dont hate the playa..hate the game..." I have heard everything from BC by2 to BC by 16. It all depends on which team shows up....And I agree .....Cooksey is a joke. Spare me the agony..... :scared:

Gee I just hope the Eagles have a chance.After all Boyd has the "hands down" POY;the game is at Boyd and according to you the Fairview coach is a "joke".I imagine most FHS fans will be happy to just finish within 30-40 points.