Augusta 61 Mason County 60 OT (39th District Semis)

This district doesn't seed do they?

No.

Two 10th Region Districts seed: 37th (Brossart, Scott, Campbell, Calvary, Silver Grove) & 40th (Montgomery, GRC, Paris, Bourbon).

Two 10th Region Districts don't seed: 38th (Harrison, Pendleton, Nicholas, Robertson) & 39th (Mason, Augusta, Bracken, St. Patrick).

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 of 8 spots for the 10th Region Tourney have been filled:

Harrison County

Robertson County

Augusta

Bracken County

Montgomery County

George Rogers Clark

Bishop Brossart would have to have a collapse of Biblical proportions to miss out on the Region.

Campbell County/Scott will battle tomorrow night to determine the other team.

The way the game finished was exciting but bizarre.

Dorian Henry scores & is fouled with something like 8.2 seconds left. The basket gave Mason a 60-59 lead. But Henry misses the FT & Bach gets the board, drives down the right side & is fouled by one of the 4 Mason County players trying to stay with him. I'm not kidding. Four Mason County players were on him at that point.

So Bach gets 2 FT's with like 2.3 seconds left & Augusta down 1. Misses first FT & hits second to tie it at 60. Mason County's Jake O'Mara takes the ball out of bounds & the Quarterback tries to throw it length of the floor, but overthrows everyone. The ball actually landed at mine & pb98's feet (we were standing on the other end). So that means no time runs off the clock & Augusta gets the ball underneath its own basket, because no one from Mason County had touched the ball on O'Mara's pass.

Ball inbounded to Bach in the corner & he rises up for a jumper. He's fouled by Henry, I believe. 0.8 seconds left. Bach misses first FT & hits second to go up 61-60.

Royals throw the length of the floor again & Dustin Freeman knocks the pass down & the Panthers faithful go crazy.

I thought it was strange/funny that Mason County's star QB uncorks a throw that almost reaches the band area

The way the game finished was exciting but bizarre.

Dorian Henry scores & is fouled with something like 8.2 seconds left. The basket gave Mason a 60-59 lead. But Henry misses the FT & Bach gets the board, drives down the right side & is fouled by one of the 4 Mason County players trying to stay with him. I'm not kidding. Four Mason County players were on him at that point.

So Bach gets 2 FT's with like 2.3 seconds left & Augusta down 1. Misses first FT & hits second to tie it at 60. Mason County's Jake O'Mara takes the ball out of bounds & the Quarterback tries to throw it length of the floor, but overthrows everyone. The ball actually landed at mine & pb98's feet (we were standing on the other end). So that means no time runs off the clock & Augusta gets the ball underneath its own basket, because no one from Mason County had touched the ball on O'Mara's pass.

Ball inbounded to Bach in the corner & he rises up for a jumper. He's fouled by Henry, I believe. 0.8 seconds left. Bach misses first FT & hits second to go up 61-60.

Royals throw the length of the floor again & Dustin Freeman knocks the pass down & the Panthers faithful go crazy.

This is spot on. I listened to the last few minutes and OT, after our game was over. What a wild finish. Congrats to Augusta on the win. Mason Co has had a good season, I am sure they will regroup of next season. I must say that normally you don't see a foul called with .08 seconds on the clock. I thought it would go to double OT.

Congratulations to the Augusta Panthers!

An amazing display by Brent Bach of sheer basketball talent , as well as the heart and determination to do what he absolutely had to do, for his team to win the game.

Kudos to his teammates. They did a great job defensively, as well as showing superb ball handling and ball movement that was vital for the victory.

A great job by Coach Hinson and his assistants in preparing these young men!

This is spot on. I listened to the last few minutes and OT, after our game was over. What a wild finish. Congrats to Augusta on the win. Mason Co has had a good season, I am sure they will regroup of next season. I must say that normally you don't see a foul called with .08 seconds on the clock. I thought it would go to double OT.

I have the video of the foul with .08 tics. Waiting on my man Clyde to give me a like so I can release it! ( plus can't figure out how to upload from my phone).

I have the video of the foul with .08 tics. Waiting on my man Clyde to give me a like so I can release it! ( plus can't figure out how to upload from my phone).

I am guessing since no one is griping about the call with 0.8 seconds that it was clearly a foul and there was no questions about it. Usually don't like officials deciding games like this, however, a foul is a foul and in this case he must have clearly fouled as there is no mention of it.

I showed your post to a handful of friends after the game. Got laughs from everyone. Well done as usual.

Thank you for the kind words. I was listening to the radio broadcast and following your game updates. Your posts were spot on and occassionally published quicker than the play came over the air. [i was thinking this may be a function of transmission factors or perhaps a 7 second radio delay.] It was a very enjoyable way to capture the action. :thumb:

That was the probably the best individual performance that I have ever witnesed in all the games of basketball that I have ever seen on the local level and believe me I've seen a lot . That kid was out of this world last night. I thought Mason Co should have won the game but got scared and lost their composure and made some really bonehead plays. A real fun game to watch. Go Augusta--I'm not from Augusta but I'll be there for you.

I am guessing since no one is griping about the call with 0.8 seconds that it was clearly a foul and there was no questions about it. Usually don't like officials deciding games like this, however, a foul is a foul and in this case he must have clearly fouled as there is no mention of it.

Hard to see from the video. Bach faded and the ball came up well short of the hoop. I was on the opposite side. Henry held his hands up afterwards in question, but did not seem to go crazy about the call.