Augusta 61 Mason County 60 OT (39th District Semis)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH! OK now working on uploading the videos. (I may need to have my child help me) I need to break it down. it is too large.

Ok folks! Let's give this a try.

6 videos. Number one starts out with about 20 seconds to go. Each gets closer to the end of the game.

This is 1

Thanks to you (and your child)!:lol2:

How old is the Igloo? I played at Bracken County in the 78/79 season. I remember the players on the bench sat on the first row of the bleachers with fans' knees in their back.

The side of the stands you do not see in the videos has a second level. Gym and school are both fairly new.

I've always said there is no better atmosphere to watch a game, than at the Fieldhouse during a highly anticipated regional tourney

game, but I must admit not sure anything could top last night at the Igloo.

The cross town Shootout with Campbell versus Brossart is like that every year. They meet up again Friday night.

How old is the Igloo? I played at Bracken County in the 78/79 season. I remember the players on the bench sat on the first row of the bleachers with fans' knees in their back.

Although the gym isn't as big as the old ice palace the benches are not the first row bleachers there are seats for the players much like all the newer schools. With about 4 feet between bench and bleachers.

Although the gym isn't as big as the old ice palace the benches are not the first row bleachers there are seats for the players much like all the newer schools. With about 4 feet between bench and bleachers.

Honestly it's a very nice gym. Just wish it held about 1000 more

The cross town Shootout with Campbell versus Brossart is like that every year. They meet up again Friday night.

It appears the best traditional rivalries are going to have a little more meaning in all the 10th region districts this year.

MoCo vs. GRC. Big rivalry

Bracken vs. Augusta huge rivalry

Brossart vs. Campbell big time rivalry

Harrison vs. Robertson nice rivalry

But not enough room for cheerleaders it seemed. I never saw O'Mara run into the cheerleader, but I saw the mom and the police officer "chatting". Can not believe the old gym would have been bigger. The igloo is a great arena! I've been to the old football field, well at least the bar that was there a few years ago. Very nice facilities at Bracken.

But not enough room for cheerleaders it seemed. I never saw O'Mara run into the cheerleader, but I saw the mom and the police officer "chatting". Can not believe the old gym would have been bigger. The igloo is a great arena! I've been to the old football field, well at least the bar that was there a few years ago. Very nice facilities at Bracken.

Old gym seated 2,000. Current one seats 1,600.

Yeah. I was referring to capacity. More room around the court in the new gym but seating was sacrificed. It is an awesome place to hold the district tournament althought there are some out there that would disagree. I love the basketball atmosphere in that gym.

Not to mention the old gym had that big stage on the far end