Walton-Verona 66 Grant County 48 (32nd District)

Final final from WV. Interesting game to watch. WV lead the entire game, up by 22 I believe at one point in the 3rd. GC cuts the lead to 8 and made things very interesting early in the 4th. Congrats to Coach Clink and the rest of the coaching staff.

Congrats to the Lady Bearcats on finishing strong and getting the win. Grant was certainly not going to quit and they always play hard. This puts the Bearcats back in the district final, and gets them to 17-12, one win from matching last years win total. I have to give this team credit for where they are. Great job girls and coaches. Way to work!

Final final from WV. Interesting game to watch. WV lead the entire game, up by 22 I believe at one point in the 3rd. GC cuts the lead to 8 and made things very interesting early in the 4th. Congrats to Coach Clink and the rest of the coaching staff.

They did cut it to 8 before Grant started to run out of gas. We wish Madisen Reubusch the best. Bad ankle injury in the first half. left on crutches and ankle wrapped up pretty good.

Box score found at nky.com.....

Walton-Verona 66, Grant County 48

Grant County–Martin 4 6 15, Burk 4 1 9, Wright 1 3 6, Harmeyer 6 0 12, Chidez 0 3 3, Ruebusch 0 1 1, McCoy 1 0 2. Totals: 16 14 48.

Walton-Verona–Mills 6 5 20, Mullikin 3 4 10, Ginn 1 0 2, Ison 8 9 26, Simpson 3 2 8. Totals: 24 20 66.

Halftime: W 38-19. 3-pointers: G 2 (Martin, Wright); W 4 (Mills 3, Ison).