Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 72 Holmes 57

Featured Replies

But it you go on to play D1/2/3 NAIA or whatever, it's ok? Kids should not be T'd up for using expletives. Just part of the game. Gimme a break. It's not a big deal.

 

Wrong all the way on this one. Sportsmanship is part of the game. The "bomb" gets the T, an easy call. While I would agree it is part of the game, so is rule enforcement. Officials tend to use judgement on the delivery of certain language, but there is the 1 word that is almost universal across all levels.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to sidetrack things, but I am amazed at how easily many people today use that word. For some, it is just another adjective.

The team to beat.

 

Along with CCH.

And there it is. 100% predictable.

 

Let's summarize: Worst call in the history of basketball UNLESS it was the right call.

 

This is why no one believes you're not a "fanboy."

 

Refs are not looking to T up kids. They have to "earn" it. McClendon hurt his team with his mouth. He earned it.

 

Again, when I made that comment, I had no clue what he said. I thought it was for smacking the ball.

 

Never said he didn't earn it. Your "fanboy" comment is reaching, IMO. I've said nothing but good things about Newcath. They were and are the better team. I've said that since the preseason so not sure why you want to make a comment like the above to call me out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42765[/ATTACH]

 

Game photos:

 

 

Great work as always, Panda.

 

Good seeing you and TOG last night and talking to you throughout.

I have become a closet Breds fan but I am keeping it on the down low. :)

 

Next up, full membership in the Park Hills Mafia. :D

He yelled the one word no referee will let slip. Everyone sitting court side heard it!

 

I was on the baseline in front of the Newcath student section. Didn't hear it, hence my comment wondering what the T was for. A Newcath parent even texted me it was a "Oscar Mayer Bologna T"

 

Let it go with quoting my comments. Some of you simply look for stuff to point out that I post. If you'd like, I will be more than happy to let you do what I do and sit back as just a "fanboy" as Clyde put it. I go out of my way to provide coverage (for free most of the time) to give these kids exposure and you guys are more worried about what I'm posting on here.

 

As stated multiple times throughout this thread, the better team won. Newcath is a legit state title contender and after seeing them (for the 5th time) last night, I'm not sure they wouldn't beat Ballard in a rematch if they play the smart, disciplined game that they brought last night against Holmes.

 

How about you talk more about that and the other part of my post rather than what I said about a call because I didn't hear what was said.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 8

Walter, if I may, I think what rakes people and you don't seem to realize is that when you post the game analysis, there's often something you tend to add that detracts from all the great stuff you provide. If you would eliminate those details that tend to be viewed as sour grapes I don't think you'd have a single detractor on here. There's no question at all that you provide great coverage and promote kids. I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate all you do on here.

Walter, if I may, I think what rakes people and you don't seem to realize is that when you post the game analysis, there's often something you tend to add that detracts from all the great stuff you provide. If you would eliminate those details that tend to be viewed as sour grapes I don't think you'd have a single detractor on here. There's no question at all that you provide great coverage and promote kids. I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate all you do on here.

 

Appreciate the advice and YOUR appreciation for what I do.

Appreciate the advice and YOUR appreciation for what I do.

 

Wait a minute, i take exception to you capitalizing "your". What is wrong with you. LOL

I can't believe how hard folks are piling on Walter. If I were him I'd say, "what McClendon said" you! And not post anymore highlights.

 

Jeez Clyde, back off.

I'm going to go ahead and call a technical foul except nobody is getting free throws. See if all of you can remember Rule 8:

 

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.

 

 

Everybody read it and read it really really really good because I think all of you take BGP for granted when it comes to wordplay, abbreviations and things of that nature. Act like adults and follow the rules or we can start giving people timeouts again.

 

Feel free to start this thread again to see if you can discuss the game sensibly.

 

That is all.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.