Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 72 Holmes 57

Featured Replies

  • Author

 

I will finish with saying that McClendon's T was absolutely Oscar Mayer Bologna. Going for a loose ball, grabs it and tries to throw it back in bounds but loses it. Grabs it and smacks it with his off hand and he gets T'd up? Chappie was quick with it. Unless he cussed, I see no reason for him to get a T for smacking the ball out of frustration.

 

And there it is. 100% predictable.

 

Let's summarize: Worst call in the history of basketball UNLESS it was the right call.

 

This is why no one believes you're not a "fanboy."

 

Refs are not looking to T up kids. They have to "earn" it. McClendon hurt his team with his mouth. He earned it.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you. Chappie is as good as they come. Great official.

 

Much better person and that is a great compliment.

Let me add, McClendon is getting a lot of negative exposure here. He played a HUGE game defensively. He denied Pangallo so well all game. Great effort all game. I would rather a kid get a technical after a hustle play doesn't work out and he shows emotion than have a kid who is ok w how the game is going. He dropped the big one for all to here, but it was not a malicious, horrid act. Automatic T, but it shouldn't damper how he played last night. Now Booher...how close was he to hitting the official? It wouldn't have been intentional,.but he was out on the floor and swung his arm pointing quick and hard.

Let me add, McClendon is getting a lot of negative exposure here. He played a HUGE game defensively. He denied Pangallo so well all game. Great effort all game. I would rather a kid get a technical after a hustle play doesn't work out and he shows emotion than have a kid who is ok w how the game is going. He dropped the big one for all to here, but it was not a malicious, horrid act. Automatic T, but it shouldn't damper how he played last night. Now Booher...how close was he to hitting the official? It wouldn't have been intentional,.but he was out on the floor and swung his arm pointing quick and hard.

 

 

He wasn't very close to the official when he jumped on the court. And when McClendon came to the bench he was quite humble after the T. Coach just hit his limit and pretty much wanted the T to help express his discontent. He was in more control than it appeared in my opinion. I was 5 feet from him at the table.

1800434_816672785009439_712070306_n.jpg

 

Game photos:

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42765[/ATTACH]

 

Game photos:

 

 

Great work as always. :thumb:

Mclendon's T was automatic, he dropped a loud " _-Bomb". That said, it was definitely out of frustration for not saving the ball and not directed to the official. Still, it was immediately called and the right call.

 

Now, does Lawnboy handle the prizes for predicting both scores closer than anyone on this thread? I predicted two identical scores of 72-60. Was off by 7 total points in the first game and 3 in the second (or close, its early and I don't feel like checking) . My advice is free if you guys need any other predictions....LOL. Something about a blind squirrel finding and acorn once in a while.......

 

In all seriousness, this is a stellar year for the 9th Region top and Dixie and Holmes are simply a cut below. Both obviously feature potential game changing players that can take over a game, but NCC and CCH are just too much. All four teams have scheduled nicely and I really believe the 9th region winner plays for STATE on Sunday 3/24. Yes, CCH or NCC will play (Ballard/scott County, Moco? ) for the state championship.

 

I have not wavered on what Holmes has lost. You don't simply replace a Coston, Palmer, and Engelmon. The first two were money when getting the dish out from Bolden last year. Engelmon was one of the best rebounders in the state. Pipeline may be filling up at Holmes but they are not near last years team.

 

I have heard about Dixie's supporting cast and have seen glimpses, but it's not enough and Hatton had an off night. Maybe the future is bright, but it seems brighter at NCC and CCH. (A lot of talent in play and coming up for both teams)

 

CCH and NCC are clearly ahead of the other two as the scores suggest. I hope the region draw is fitting for a championship game and not a semi meeting between the two.

When does the Region draw occur?

  • Author
No better way to spend Valentines Day, than with my "better looking half" watching a Breds win. :thumb:

 

Her looks seems to be saying "yep, I know. My family was surprised as well."

  • Author
But it you go on to play D1/2/3 NAIA or whatever, it's ok? Kids should not be T'd up for using expletives. Just part of the game. Gimme a break. It's not a big deal.

 

It's a "it depends" for me. It's just like when a coach yells about a call. It's "how" they go about it vs the words they might use.

 

BUT.... an F bomb from a kid who says it loud after a call, regardless of who he is mad at, is an automatic. Had he yelled "darn it" or a version of "darn it" and it was obvious he was mad for not grabbing the ball I'm not whacking him despite a curse word being used.

I made it up to the game last night. First time seeing NCC. They are big! Good team. I thought the referees were horrible last night. That didn't decide the game but if I was Holme's coach I would have been upset myself. As for the T on the Holmes player, he may have deserved a T, but it's high school kid and we have a bunch of "adults" criticizing a HS kid. And calling him out by name. I wonder what people would say about some of you all in HS if there was a forum like this then? A kid was playing hard and lost his cool cause he was frustrated with himself. I think it's ridiculous to keep putting his name out here like that. If this was a court case that would be illegal.

Her looks seems to be saying "yep, I know. My family was surprised as well."

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And there it is. 100% predictable.

 

Let's summarize: Worst call in the history of basketball UNLESS it was the right call.

 

This is why no one believes you're not a "fanboy."

 

Refs are not looking to T up kids. They have to "earn" it. McClendon hurt his team with his mouth. He earned it.

You beat me to it. You know it's coming. Every Holmes loss there is some time of drama and something that he points out to add excuse, or take away from the victory earned from the other team. Oh, he'll follow up with "I did give the other team credit" at some point. It's classless is what it is. Just say congrats, give the details of the game (which he is very good at by the way) and move along. The replies are predictable and sophomoric to be honest and they're old and tired. Grow up.
I made it up to the game last night. First time seeing NCC. They are big! Good team. I thought the referees were horrible last night. That didn't decide the game but if I was Holme's coach I would have been upset myself. As for the T on the Holmes player, he may have deserved a T, but it's high school kid and we have a bunch of "adults" criticizing a HS kid. And calling him out by name. I wonder what people would say about some of you all in HS if there was a forum like this then? A kid was playing hard and lost his cool cause he was frustrated with himself. I think it's ridiculous to keep putting his name out here like that. If this was a court case that would be illegal.

 

If he is man enough to use the word, then he better be prepared to hear his name.

 

As far as your "court case"......:ohbrother: They need to be called out IMO.

My apologies, I've got 7 freshman girls here in my basement distracting me with far too much freshmen "drama talk". :isurrender:

 

McDonald did what he wanted on the floor tonight, no one could stop him. :ylsuper:

 

Franzen provided some really valuable minutes, and his basket on the drive to the rack was nice. :thumb:

In 10 or 15 years when your kids start giving you grandchildren you will forget your distractions and annoyances of tonight
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.