Exams, the 10th Region, and Then Some.

So I'm sitting here in my dorm on a quiet Thursday afternoon trying to decide whether to begin studying for exams that will be coming up next week, or to enjoy the sudden burst of Spring air coming through a third floor window. While pondering this question I realize that its not just me having exams next week. Tournament play across the state begins with a burst of spring air we all like to call March Madness. Its finally the time where hundreds of basketball teams across the bluegrass will put in their final exam to see how they grade. Some won't grade so well and go out early, others will live to play another day and advance one more week but then eventually will die out like the winter air. But a selected few, 16 to be exact will make it far enough to where dreams can come true. And oh how "sweet" it will be. But no matter how far you go one thing remains the same, everyone win or lose makes this time of year special. And without all of you it wouldn't be possible. So good luck to every team and may you make your school and your community proud. :thumb:

And now for your enjoyment and mine, here it my 10th Region District Tourney Preview. :ylsuper: Yes I know there are still three more days of regular season play to continue so lets not get ahead of ourselves:

Thursday's 10th Region games- Nicholas Co. @ Burgin, Montgomery Co. @ Harrison Co., Silver Grove @ Heritage Academy

Friday's 10th Region games St. Patrick@Bellevue, Harrison@Bracken, Lloyd@Campbell, Paris@Deming, Pendleton@Mason, Menifee@Nicholas, Augusta@Rose Hill, Brossart @ St.Henry

Saturday's game Heritage@Augusta

Ok now thats over with lets preview next week :flame:

37th District

Calvary Christian vs Silver Grove The Grove has won the two previous meetings this season but don't think they're just gonna walk away with a third. This should turn out to be a very competitive game with both teams trying to avoid finishing in the cellar of the district. But hey two Pelle's are better than one. I'll take the Big Trains in a close one.

Campbell Co. vs Scott Neither team has played particulary well down the stretch but whoever wins this game will be a huge threat in the Region Tourney. This game could very well come down to the final possession. But I say the 10th vets knock off the 10th newcomers and go on to win the the District.

Brossart vs CCS/SG Yes the Stangs are in a funk but the 2 year hiatus from the Region will end this season. This team is built on "D" neither CCS or SG will reach 40pts in this game.

38th District

Pendleton vs Harrison The 2 best teams in the District meet in the first round (deja vue for the Cats) Harrison is primed and ready to pull out an upset but it would be juvenile to pick against the champs. Wildcats take District again.

Deming vs Nicholas Its been a rough season for both teams but one will get to shine at the Fieldhouse. A Nicholas Co. win isn't farfetched but look for the Devils to make their 2nd region birth in 3 years.

39th District

Mason vs Bracken Tough draw for the Polar Bears not to mention some close losses to rivals Deming, Augusta, and St. Pat. But it wasn't that long ago the Polar Bears knocked off a Region power. The Royals have owned the district for the past 5 years. Make it 6.

Augusta vs St Patrick The Saints are rolling winning 12 of 15 including 2 against the Panthers, 1 of which on a last second shot. Augusta some nights looks like a top 10 team, other nights they look like the cellar of the region. This game will be a battle. Advantage? Consistency. But is it the consistency of the Saints play over the last month? or the consistency of my complete biased of the Panthers? You decide.

40th District

Clark vs Paris GRC is a region favorite. Paris has had a long season. This could be the most lopsided score of the 1st round. Cards big and move on to take the district crown.

Bourbon vs Montgomery The Colonels are on nice little hot streak but have the Indians are built for tourney time. Toss up maybe? neh Bourbon by 8.

Let the Madness Begin :dancingpa