January 22, 201412 yr I find this team a tad boring to watch. Maybe the JWall/Boogie and the MKG/Antony Davis teams spoiled me. If they were playing as well as I thought they could, their style of play wouldn't bother me. But I agree that they aren't nearly as entertaining as those two you mentioned.
January 22, 201412 yr I think the reason this team is so boring is because they tend to drive and get fouled and shoot free throws. They also don't have the explosiveness like the Jwall year, and they don't have the 3 point shooting like 2012. UKs style is to pound the ball down low and out physical people. As long as they keep winning I don't really care.
January 22, 201412 yr I find this team a tad boring to watch. Maybe the JWall/Boogie and the MKG/Antony Davis teams spoiled me. If they were playing as well as I thought they could, their style of play wouldn't bother me. But I agree that they aren't nearly as entertaining as those two you mentioned. I think the reason this team is so boring is because they tend to drive and get fouled and shoot free throws. They also don't have the explosiveness like the Jwall year, and they don't have the 3 point shooting like 2012. UKs style is to pound the ball down low and out physical people. As long as they keep winning I don't really care. UK has no dynamic type playmaker on the squad. Wall was a blast to watch. Knight was explosive and could pull up on anyone. Davis/MKG, we know about them. Randle is explosive but unless he is going uncontested he just runs through people in getting to the rim.
January 22, 201412 yr UK has no dynamic type playmaker on the squad. Wall was a blast to watch. Knight was explosive and could pull up on anyone. Davis/MKG, we know about them. Randle is explosive but unless he is going uncontested he just runs through people in getting to the rim. I think its a major lack of back court athleticism. Obviously neither Harrison is a world class athlete, but I don't think Young is a top notch athlete either. Good, just not great. Wall, Bledsoe, MKG were awesome on a break. The 2011 team was so tough and had great stories to follow with Liggins and Jorts. 2012 was fun all around, as was the Wall team. In comparison to Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins, I don't know that UK will ever have a team that fun to watch. JMO
January 23, 201412 yr I think its a major lack of back court athleticism. Obviously neither Harrison is a world class athlete, but I don't think Young is a top notch athlete either. Good, just not great. Wall, Bledsoe, MKG were awesome on a break. The 2011 team was so tough and had great stories to follow with Liggins and Jorts. 2012 was fun all around, as was the Wall team. In comparison to Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins, I don't know that UK will ever have a team that fun to watch. JMO I kind of agree with your last point, because that class was special, but te Cats style of play will dictate how good a class is. If there is a class loaded with explosive point guards you will have some fun basketball again. This class is just way too big and overpowering to do anything else
January 23, 201412 yr I find this team a tad boring to watch. Maybe the JWall/Boogie and the MKG/Antony Davis teams spoiled me. I agree. Boring. I think what really makes them boring is neither Harrison is overly athletic and their main offense is driving to the basket. Both are so inconsistent with their outside shooting and also a tad slow on defense. Watching this UK team is a grind, but I'm a huge fan and I'll continue to watch. I suppose I've been spoiled with the first few teams Cal had at his disposal.
January 23, 201412 yr I don't really find the team boring at all. The basketball is a little rough at times but can't say I've ever felt bored watching them. For everyone else's boredom, its probably the Twins and the fact that WCS isn't blocking 5+ shots these days.
January 23, 201412 yr I don't really find the team boring at all. The basketball is a little rough at times but can't say I've ever felt bored watching them. For everyone else's boredom, its probably the Twins and the fact that WCS isn't blocking 5+ shots these days. Agree with you , I don't find them boring at all either. Agree, miss all the blocks by WCS. Hopefully that will return soon.
January 23, 201412 yr I find this team a tad boring to watch. Maybe the JWall/Boogie and the MKG/Antony Davis teams spoiled me. I agree I just haven't been as excited to watch games this year, which is very weird for me. Also I agree those teams were fun to watch, but so was the the Brandon Knight team. It surprises me how few people talk about that final four team when talking about Coach Cal's teams here. People talk a lot about the Title team and the elite 8 team. However the team that finally got us past the elite 8's that Tubby lost so many times in, no body talks about as much.
January 23, 201412 yr John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari 7m A little birdy told me that Willie was in the gym late last night. In practice today, he was unbeleievable. He was the old Willie today.
January 24, 201412 yr John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari 7m A little birdy told me that Willie was in the gym late last night. In practice today, he was unbeleievable. He was the old Willie today. You would want to avoid the ups and downs with him---want a little more consistency. Right now, you don't know if good Willie or bad Willie is going to show up......must be frustrating for a coach. "Good Wille" can add so much to this team.
January 24, 201412 yr You would want to avoid the ups and downs with him---want a little more consistency. Right now, you don't know if good Willie or bad Willie is going to show up......must be frustrating for a coach. "Good Wille" can add so much to this team. Believe WCS is in a slump right now, alot of players go through this, just hope he comes out of it soon.
January 30, 201412 yr Not to put a damper on the UK victory as I think they are improving, but this Aggie team lost at home to North Texas by 20.......By the end of the season my guess is they will be bottom 6 in the SEC. This was my initial comment about this victory. But they also beat Tennessee and Arkansas. Just curious what your thoughts are now about the win over Texas A & M?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.