Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Richard Sherman

Featured Replies

This was tweeted by Fox Sports: NFL

 

Since Richard Sherman entered the league:

- 1st in interceptions (20)

- 1st in passes defensed (61)

- 1st in Opponent QB Rating when targeted (39.4)

 

Can't argue with that.

  • Replies 163
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4. You're right he could have but it's not a big deal that he didn't.

 

Fair enough- this is really the ultimate point in the thread.

This was tweeted by Fox Sports: NFL

 

Since Richard Sherman entered the league:

- 1st in interceptions (20)

- 1st in passes defensed (61)

- 1st in Opponent QB Rating when targeted (39.4)

 

I do wonder what Revis' stats or Patrick Petersen's stats would look like if teams threw the ball at them? Sherman gets tremendous boosts from the personnel he plays with.

 

I'll follow up by saying I think Sherman is one of the best, but I think he is in a group of guys and there is no clear number one now that Revis is still recovering from the ACL.

I do wonder what Revis' stats or Patrick Petersen's stats would look like if teams threw the ball at them? Sherman gets tremendous boosts from the personnel he plays with.

 

I'll follow up by saying I think Sherman is one of the best, but I think he is in a group of guys and there is no clear number one now that Revis is still recovering from the ACL.

 

So you don't think Revis benefitted from playing on a strong defense? The Jets were always a top 5 defense when he was on the team. Even Sherman said his play is affected by the front 7 and that he owed his success to them. Revis is exempt from this?

Sherman is a heck of a ball player.

 

I think he is dumb for acting that way, and I bet his agent just absolutely cringed. Gonna be real hard getting him endorsements. IMO Sherman cost himself a bunch of money with his little tirade.

 

If he wants to rant and rave, that's fine. The only thing I didn't like was the LOB can be viewed as a gang reference.

LOB is a reference to the nickname for Seattle's secondary -- The Legion of Boom (which I always thought was silly, but oh well....)

 

Absolutely not a gang reference in the slightest.

I didn't read this whole thread. When I heard the interview after the game I just thought of Kevin Hart and "Say it with your chest. Night night."

I didn't read this whole thread. When I heard the interview after the game I just thought of Kevin Hart and "Say it with your chest. Night night."

 

:lol: :lol:

LOB is a reference to the nickname for Seattle's secondary -- The Legion of Boom (which I always thought was silly, but oh well....)

 

Absolutely not a gang reference in the slightest.

 

I know what it stands for and you know what it means, but a lot of people don't.

 

That's why I said can be.

 

I heard 5 people at my work say he dropped a gang reference.

 

LOB - Lords Of Brotherhood

 

Would have been better if he said Legion of Boom instead of LOB

I know what it stands for and you know what it means, but a lot of people don't.

 

That's why I said can be.

 

I heard 5 people at my work say he dropped a gang reference.

 

LOB - Lords Of Brotherhood

 

That's a new one on me, but I'm a simple man. I'm not familiar with the Lords of Brotherhood.

 

People will always look to find things that aren't there. It's sad, but it is what it is.

I also think it is funny that people who didn't watch the game or who know who Richard Sherman even is hate on the man. :lol:

I'd love to have Sherman on the Bengals, but that is the football fan who wants to win inside me, but that doesn't mean I have to like how he portrays himself. I just fear he is coming awfully close to the Ocho syndrome where his antics actually become a hnderance to the team.

So you don't think Revis benefitted from playing on a strong defense? The Jets were always a top 5 defense when he was on the team. Even Sherman said his play is affected by the front 7 and that he owed his success to them. Revis is exempt from this?

 

I think both benefited from a strong front 7. Sherman plays in the best secondary in the league- specifically he has the best pair of safeties behind him and the best safety in Earl Thomas. I have to throw at somebody, so he gets more chances to make plays. Look at Revis and the guy he covers might get 2-3 passes thrown his way in a game. I think this impacts stats, so Sherman gets more chances to get picks.

 

I am nitpicking, admittedly. That being said, I don't think Sherman is better than Revis or Petersen. I think those three are the top guys. Brent Grimes needs to have another year like this one. He is up there, as well. Joe Haden, Flowers- there are some darn good corners out there, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.