January 21, 201412 yr And you would be wrong. I could be wrong about the last part and him going down that slippery slope. The rest though isn't wrong at all. Carroll in several interviews yesterday said he talked to Sherman before his apology etc. As far as how he came off, I guess that is up to everyone and their personal opinion. I don't however think race has anything to do with it, at least for me. I've said similar things about Bill Romanowski (sp) when he was playing. I could care less if the player is black, white, yellow or red. Publicly going after someone after a game like that is bush league.
January 21, 201412 yr Didn't bother me one bit. Something I would encourage? No. Something that just has me all tore up and going to effect how I feel about him as a man or player? No. His many charitable actions in the Seattle area, followed up by the fact that he was a 4.0 student at Stanford & how he as been for the most part since he came to the league defines that. One thing I don't like is these in game reporters trying to get interviews, and call it what you will....but, yes the game was over when Erin Andrews pulled him to the side (be it all of maybe 10 seconds), but he just made the biggest play of his life, in the biggest game vs. a team (and, a player) that apparently had been doing his own fare share of jawing throughout the game. I heard on Mike and Mike just a little bit ago that Sherman came out saying he was actually "Mic'ed Up" for NFL films, and that you would actually hear him say "Good game. Good game" to Crabtree in the endzone. Either way. Who gives a rip. So he made a "fool" of himself in public once.
January 21, 201412 yr I also think Richard Sherman highlights the differences between races in regards to sports and how athletes are treated and perceived. A large percentage of white people are disgusted by Richard Sherman while a large percentage of black people don't have a problem with Sherman at all. I find that very intriguing and interesting. I can't think of any of my black friends on Facebook that were bothered by Sherman but I have tons of white friends who didn't even watch the game who think Sherman should be fined, banned and all kinds of lunacy. But Obama is the commy socialist? Bet I have a pretty good idea of who a some of those would be; thank goodness they don't live in glass houses and the fact that more people out there couldn't careless about their constant facebook vomit.
January 21, 201412 yr I could be wrong about the last part and him going down that slippery slope. The rest though isn't wrong at all. Carroll in several interviews yesterday said he talked to Sherman before his apology etc. As far as how he came off, I guess that is up to everyone and their personal opinion. I don't however think race has anything to do with it, at least for me. I've said similar things about Bill Romanowski (sp) when he was playing. I could care less if the player is black, white, yellow or red. Publicly going after someone after a game like that is bush league. I don't have a problem with anything he did. I think intentionally trying to hurt someone is bush league. Telling someone they are better than them is arrogant but not bush league IMO.
January 21, 201412 yr Couple of thoughts. It's amazing how many have called Sherman a thug. If asked their definition of thug I have to believe it wouldn't include anything Sherman did. Whats more amazing is the overall reaction this has generated.
January 21, 201412 yr I don't have a problem with anything he did. I think intentionally trying to hurt someone is bush league. Telling someone they are better than them is arrogant but not bush league IMO. I just think it could of been and should of been handled a lot better. But it's water under the bridge and I'm sure he learned his lesson. It was interesting on Mike and Mike this morning theyhad his old Stanford Coach and his coach was very honest. He loves Sherman and talked to him after the game etc. he said he wished he basically said he wished he didn't do what he did but that is Sherman etc. He also said while at Stanford the coaches had to approach him about watching what he says and does etc. but it has a lot to do with the position he plays. As the coach said, and it makes a lot of sense, that he played for Bill Walsh and you want a player who has to go up against the likes of Jerry Rice or Randy Moss etc. to have a little bit of a mean streak which is true. You don't want someone who will back down etc. With that said I think the coach talked to Sherman and they talked about the right place qnd right time to say certain things etc. It's all good, like I said, it's water under the bridge. My problem was mostly with the way he said what he said.
January 21, 201412 yr I also think Richard Sherman highlights the differences between races in regards to sports and how athletes are treated and perceived. A large percentage of white people are disgusted by Richard Sherman while a large percentage of black people don't have a problem with Sherman at all. I find that very intriguing and interesting. I can't think of any of my black friends on Facebook that were bothered by Sherman but I have tons of white friends who didn't even watch the game who think Sherman should be fined, banned and all kinds of lunacy. But Obama is the commy socialist? Count me as a black man that has a problem with it. If Clyde has a problem with it, count him as a black man, too.
January 22, 201412 yr After listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning I think his apology is sincere and came from himself. Stanford Coach David Shaw said he and Richard Sherman remain close to this day and offered this background on Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman: -graduated 2nd in his class at Dominguez High School in Compton, California. Current enrollment: 2,600 students. -first football player from Dominguez High School to ever receive a football scholarship to play at Stanford -volunteered to work the Special Olympics while in high school -exuberant volunteer while in college was known to be the first to arrive and the last to leave when doing community service. This also includes a camp for kids with Down's Syndrome. -began a charity in April of 2013 that has already raised over 100K -"adopted" an impoverished family and provided them with a Christmas -not uncommon for him to buy take out meals and distribute them to the homeless He is uber-competitive and once he steps on that field his goal is to win and his game is loud and brash. That doesn't make him a fool, an idiot, classless or a thug. It makes him human and it makes him a human who plays a violent sport in which each player has to do something to get themselves ready to play. His style is to challenge any and everyone. I think the audio of his conversation with Crabtree is supposedto be played on Mike and Mike today. Sherman says he told Crabtree good game and patted him on the backside and then Crabtree pushed him. If that's true then I really don't blame him for any of his actions. Lots of good things, now lets hear the bad. I'll go out on a limb and say "he's not an angel." The bolded is referring to the POST GAME interview, not the pregame, correct?
January 22, 201412 yr Crabtree represented SF and his team by being professional and not reacting to Shermans antics.
January 22, 201412 yr Couple of thoughts. It's amazing how many have called Sherman a thug. If asked their definition of thug I have to believe it wouldn't include anything Sherman did. Whats more amazing is the overall reaction this has generated. I have just came to the realization that most of my competitive life i was a thug. (Kind of disappointed though, nothing like the Tupac video.)lol.
January 22, 201412 yr Crabtree represented SF and his team by being professional and not reacting to Shermans antics. Are you a 49er fan? Crabtree is the one who got physical when he pushed Sherman by the facemask. That's professional?
January 22, 201412 yr Lots of good things, now lets hear the bad. I'll go out on a limb and say "he's not an angel." The bolded is referring to the POST GAME interview, not the pregame, correct? Yes. I personally don't have the inability to turn it off immediately after a game. Takes me about 10-15 minutes to get away from the emotion and if you say the wrong thing the emotion and passion comes back. And that's just me as an assistant coach. I'm only human.
January 22, 201412 yr Are you a 49er fan? Crabtree is the one who got physical when he pushed Sherman by the facemask. That's professional? Again, who got the flag? :lol2:
January 22, 201412 yr Again, who got the flag? :lol2: He got the flag for doing the choke sign which came after Crabtree pushed him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.