January 21, 201412 yr Do we think this means he regrets his actions or is this to appease his coaches and Seahawks front office? Does it matter at this point?
January 21, 201412 yr He's a genius and I have no problem with what he is doing. Nothing was illegal or profane. Over the top. You haven't been watching the last few years if you think this was a random incident. This is who he is with the media. 5th round draft pick, making low NFL salary, he needs to make $$ in other ways. He will, believe me. The only problem I have is the spotlight was taken away from a great game and super effort by his teammates, as stated by others on here. I am really indifferent to this. I choose to watch football and this will happen. You see players and coaches blow up all the time.
January 21, 201412 yr Does it matter at this point? Did it ever really matter? I am asking the question for folks that are interested in replying- that's all.
January 21, 201412 yr That's my only problem with it also, Bengal Maniac... Instead of getting to have conversations about the game or get hyped for the Super Bowl, it's nonstop chatter about Sherman. If I try to take one in that direction (not necessarily on here, but other forums I frequent) it gets derailed back to that. In that regard, I wish he hadn't done it. Other than that, preach on Sherman. Keep doing what you do.
January 21, 201412 yr Did it ever really matter? I am asking the question for folks that are interested in replying- that's all. Fair enough. Neither Pete Carroll or Paul Allen have made Sherman apologize in the past... Not even after he told Skip Bayless he was better at life than him. If he didn't want to apologize, I doubt he would have. I choose to believe he's sincere. I also don't think he needed to do it, because I don't think he did or said anything wrong.
January 21, 201412 yr Fair enough. Neither Pete Carroll or Paul Allen have made Sherman apologize in the past... Not even after he told Skip Bayless he was better at life than him. If he didn't want to apologize, I doubt he would have. I choose to believe he's sincere. I also don't think he needed to do it, because I don't think he did or said anything wrong. I think it is sincere, but I don't think he would have done this unprompted. Pete Carroll said he talked to him. Pete said he mentioned some of the points echoed in the apology. I am maybe reaching for a connection.
January 21, 201412 yr I think it is sincere, but I don't think he would have done this unprompted. Pete Carroll said he talked to him. Pete said he mentioned some of the points echoed in the apology. I am maybe reaching for a connection. I honestly haven't kept up with it all too much outside of what has been posted on forums. I didn't know Pete had made any statements. I got sick of ESPN after the morning cycle.
January 21, 201412 yr You can't even be serious! Are you kidding me! Not even in the same ball park. This is just like the Phil Robertson case. How many of you Sherman haters applauded Phil?
January 21, 201412 yr I have looked through this thread and one thing I didn't see which I feel is a problem is the Role Model part of this. I was routing for Seattle and was glad that they had won.........until the interview. I feel that if you a professional athlete you also have to know there is another role that comes with the game you love to play. Since he is considered the best, that puts him even more in the spotlight. I have no problem with someone getting fired up about making a play but as a professional you need to be able to collect yourself. That's the Role Model part that he disregarded.
January 21, 201412 yr Do we think this means he regrets his actions or is this to appease his coaches and Seahawks front office? I think his agent convinced him it was in his best interest.
January 21, 201412 yr After listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning I think his apology is sincere and came from himself. Stanford Coach David Shaw said he and Richard Sherman remain close to this day and offered this background on Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman: -graduated 2nd in his class at Dominguez High School in Compton, California. Current enrollment: 2,600 students. -first football player from Dominguez High School to ever receive a football scholarship to play at Stanford -volunteered to work the Special Olympics while in high school -exuberant volunteer while in college was known to be the first to arrive and the last to leave when doing community service. This also includes a camp for kids with Down's Syndrome. -began a charity in April of 2013 that has already raised over 100K -"adopted" an impoverished family and provided them with a Christmas -not uncommon for him to buy take out meals and distribute them to the homeless He is uber-competitive and once he steps on that field his goal is to win and his game is loud and brash. That doesn't make him a fool, an idiot, classless or a thug. It makes him human and it makes him a human who plays a violent sport in which each player has to do something to get themselves ready to play. His style is to challenge any and everyone. I think the audio of his conversation with Crabtree is supposedto be played on Mike and Mike today. Sherman says he told Crabtree good game and patted him on the backside and then Crabtree pushed him. If that's true then I really don't blame him for any of his actions.
January 21, 201412 yr You can't even be serious! Are you kidding me! Not even in the same ball park. Why not? I keep seeing people saying "its not close" but no one says why. Please explain to me why it isn't the same.
January 21, 201412 yr After listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning I think his apology is sincere and came from himself. Stanford Coach David Shaw said he and Richard Sherman remain close to this day and offered this background on Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman: -graduated 2nd in his class at Dominguez High School in Compton, California. Current enrollment: 2,600 students. -first football player from Dominguez High School to ever receive a football scholarship to play at Stanford -volunteered to work the Special Olympics while in high school -exuberant volunteer while in college was known to be the first to arrive and the last to leave when doing community service. This also includes a camp for kids with Down's Syndrome. -began a charity in April of 2013 that has already raised over 100K -"adopted" an impoverished family and provided them with a Christmas -not uncommon for him to buy take out meals and distribute them to the homeless He is uber-competitive and once he steps on that field his goal is to win and his game is loud and brash. That doesn't make him a fool, an idiot, classless or a thug. It makes him human and it makes him a human who plays a violent sport in which each player has to do something to get themselves ready to play. His style is to challenge any and everyone. I think the audio of his conversation with Crabtree is supposedto be played on Mike and Mike today. Sherman says he told Crabtree good game and patted him on the backside and then Crabtree pushed him. If that's true then I really don't blame him for any of his actions. A couple things. What does any of the first things you mentioned have to do with anything? If he is so intelligent you'd think he would know how to handle himself. Actually it makes him look more of a hot head. Also Pete Carroll already came out yesterday and said he talked with Sherman a couple times about remembering not to take away from the team etc. before Sherman released his apology, so it sounds like it wasn't Shermans idea. 2nd, the part about going up to Crabtree and saying good game, who cares? I mean seriously, after such a tough fought game and all the trash talking I'm sure Sherman gave Crabtree all game long the last thing in the world Crabtree wants is Sherman in his face right after that play. All that shows is Sherman looked like he was trying to rub it in and that is how I would of taken it. In the end, if it was a one time deal I don't think I'd think twice about it, the truth is this is how Sherman operates and he is going down a slippery slope where it is perceived with him it's all about him and not the team.
January 21, 201412 yr A couple things. What does any of the first things you mentioned have to do with anything? If he is so intelligent you'd think he would know how to handle himself. Actually it makes him look more of a hot head. Also Pete Carroll already came out yesterday and said he talked with Sherman a couple times about remembering not to take away from the team etc. before Sherman released his apology, so it sounds like it wasn't Shermans idea. 2nd, the part about going up to Crabtree and saying good game, who cares? I mean seriously, after such a tough fought game and all the trash talking I'm sure Sherman gave Crabtree all game long the last thing in the world Crabtree wants is Sherman in his face right after that play. All that shows is Sherman looked like he was trying to rub it in and that is how I would of taken it. In the end, if it was a one time deal I don't think I'd think twice about it, the truth is this is how Sherman operates and he is going down a slippery slope where it is perceived with him it's all about him and not the team. And you would be wrong.
January 21, 201412 yr I also think Richard Sherman highlights the differences between races in regards to sports and how athletes are treated and perceived. A large percentage of white people are disgusted by Richard Sherman while a large percentage of black people don't have a problem with Sherman at all. I find that very intriguing and interesting. I can't think of any of my black friends on Facebook that were bothered by Sherman but I have tons of white friends who didn't even watch the game who think Sherman should be fined, banned and all kinds of lunacy. But Obama is the commy socialist?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.