January 6, 201412 yr So if Washington called the Bengals today and wanted to trade RG3 straight up for Andy Dalton you would say no? And assume you are a Bengals fan and have their best interests in mind. Well, I'm not a fan of Dalton. But I have said from day one that I don't trust RG3. I have to wonder if his mobility will ever be there like it was. I don't think he's a terrific passer from the pocket either. I guess what I'm saying, with all things equal (financially also), I think it's a wash.
January 6, 201412 yr So if Washington called the Bengals today and wanted to trade RG3 straight up for Andy Dalton you would say no? And assume you are a Bengals fan and have their best interests in mind. I'm not a Dalton fan but I would take Dalton over RGIII. I don't think the read option or running QB's win championships in the NFL. I prefer a "pure passer" or something close to it.
January 6, 201412 yr I liken it to this as a Steeler fan, the Steelers had the best D in the league year in and year out, but with Kordell, Bubby Brister, et.al, Steelers fell on their faces. It took a manager in Neil O'Donnell to get them to the SB. Then of course, Ben was the difference maker. I hate to see when he is finally done, I fear the Steelers will be in a similar situation that the Bengals are in.
January 6, 201412 yr You can have RG3. What have you seen from Cam? I guess it is the old "eye test" for Newton. Ask the question again after next weekend's game against the 49ers.
January 6, 201412 yr So if Washington called the Bengals today and wanted to trade RG3 straight up for Andy Dalton you would say no? And assume you are a Bengals fan and have their best interests in mind. Without hesitation. I would think the majority of NFL GMs would also.
January 6, 201412 yr So if Washington called the Bengals today and wanted to trade RG3 straight up for Andy Dalton you would say no? And assume you are a Bengals fan and have their best interests in mind. You mean take an injured players whose first and second strengths are running and is a "me" guy? No. Pass. I'll ride with Dalton.
January 6, 201412 yr I like the list but Andy is WAY too high on the list. Is out him in the bottom 5 and no way he is above the likes of Alex Smith.
January 6, 201412 yr I will take RG3 and Cam right now over Dalton every day of the week. Is take Cam over Dalton simply because he has a rocket for an arm and seems coach able and has improved this season alone where Andy never looks like he improves. I would not take RG3 though he looks like a train wreck.
January 6, 201412 yr That is Mike Brown rule #1. You probably don't want to hear that but it is true. That you need to have a top QB?
January 6, 201412 yr Some tough calls there. What do you do with Eli Manning? Eli was horrid this year but based on his past history I wouldn't take Dalton over him. RGIII is damaged. Schaub, Tannehill, Vick and Palmer all above Dalton which would be tough calls for me. Smith I would take over Dalton. Seems like I've heard good things about Locker and Manuel but I don't know enough details to determine if I would move them up above Dalton. Net it looks like Dalton does belong in the 20-22 range.
January 6, 201412 yr So if Washington called the Bengals today and wanted to trade RG3 straight up for Andy Dalton you would say no? And assume you are a Bengals fan and have their best interests in mind. I think I would say no thank you. Most overrated player in the NFL.
January 6, 201412 yr Some tough calls there. What do you do with Eli Manning? Eli was horrid this year but based on his past history I wouldn't take Dalton over him. RGIII is damaged. Schaub' date=' Tannehill, Vick and Palmer all above Dalton which would be tough calls for me. Smith I would take over Dalton. Seems like I've heard good things about Locker and Manuel but I don't know enough details to determine if I would move them up above Dalton. Net it looks like Dalton does belong in the 20-22 range.[/quote'] Even now I'm taking Eli over Dalton any day of the week.
January 6, 201412 yr Even now I'm taking Eli over Dalton any day of the week. I can't stand Eli and I'd even take him over Andy.
January 6, 201412 yr That you need to have a top QB? Yes, that is something he has always stated - you have to have a top level QB to win. I know, nothing earth shattering in that belief but it is the main focus and where it all starts for Mike Brown in building a team.
January 6, 201412 yr I like the list but Andy is WAY too high on the list. Is out him in the bottom 5 and no way he is above the likes of Alex Smith. Really?? No way he's bottom 5. For sure, Freeman, Schaub, Vick, Bradford, Wheedan (or whoever Cleveland runs out there), Pryor, Gabbert, Smith and Ponder, Manuel, are lesser QB's. Is Daulton going to ever be a star?? No. But take your emotions out of this and look around, and there are no better available options right now. I absolutely believe the Bengals should looking very hard at drafting the next Franchise type QB this year in the draft. But Daulton has to be your man at the beginning of next season. Any other current QB you could get would be a step backward. And I can guarantee if you cut Daulton loose, he'll be starting somewhere for somebody next season.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.