January 7, 201412 yr That whole bunch has been in the league as long as or longer than Daulton and accomplished a lot less. And I know Schaub has a playoff win, but only has appeared in two post season games with very pedestrian numbers. The others are injury prone, have no playoff wins and/or have other shortcomings. Again, I think you have to take the emotion out of this. I know you're a huge Bengals fan, and are frustrated, but I think if you lived in any of those 4 cities and were a fan of that team, you'd take Daulton in a heartbeat. Emotion is out if it. I've said it for a year now about Dalton. What you have to remember is how did the bengals get to the playoffs? It wasn't because of Andy so to say he has been to the playoffs more than the others, well did the others have the defense like the Bengals had or the talent on offense the Bengals had? QB's get too much credit when the team wins most if the time and too much blame when they lose sometimes but the numbers that you can't dismiss are the turnovers. 7 turnovers just the last 2 games all on Dalton. 6 int's and 3 fumbles (1 lost) and only 1 TD in the post season can't be ignored.
January 7, 201412 yr He's plunged waaaaay over. I've been camped out at the bottom of that cliff I call realityville since 2008 just waiting for others to join me. The waters fine, come on in!
January 7, 201412 yr I've been camped out at the bottom of that cliff I call realityville since 2008 just waiting for others to join me. The waters fine, come on in! :lol2: :thumb:
January 7, 201412 yr I could care less about the numbers I. Dalton's case, they don't even come close to telling the story about Dalton. He can't handle pressure, never has and I'm not just talking about pressure from the defense when he has his epic failures when he runs out of the pocket that more times than not leads to a throw out of bounds or an int. I'm talking about the mental pressure. He seems to do fine when the bengals have a nice lead (most of the time, the Ravens game he didn't even do that). But when the game is close and on the line, he crumbles most of the time. He more times than not doesn't look at his recievers when the play called calls for a deep throw, he just throws it up usually into double and triple coverage. He stares down his recievers too much and he lives off the short pass only because he is most accurate on those throws. You can show all the numbers you want about Andy Dalton, but if you do you also need to show his numbers in the post season because that is when he is facing good teams and struggles the most. You can throw for 7000 yards in a season but if you get to the post season and still have more turnovers than TD's it doesn't mean squat. Every year in the post season Dalton had more turnovers than TDs and that was against lower seeded teams too. Like I said, I'd take Eli right now only because he wins in the post season when it counts. Andy got to the post season because of our defense, not because of him. When we need to depend on Andy he lets us down everytime. I'm not a fan of him either at all but putting him in the bottom five is just wrong. He is a mediocre NFL QB. I hate that I have too defend him but putting him in the bottom five of starting QB's is ridiculous to me.
January 7, 201412 yr Emotion is out if it. I've said it for a year now about Dalton. What you have to remember is how did the bengals get to the playoffs? It wasn't because of Andy so to say he has been to the playoffs more than the others, well did the others have the defense like the Bengals had or the talent on offense the Bengals had? QB's get too much credit when the team wins most if the time and too much blame when they lose sometimes but the numbers that you can't dismiss are the turnovers. 7 turnovers just the last 2 games all on Dalton. 6 int's and 3 fumbles (1 lost) and only 1 TD in the post season can't be ignored. I'm with you on the 7 turnovers. And a couple of his bad games were really bad. But.....they did go undefeated at home, averaging 34 points a game. I know the D averaged 4 or 5 of those points, but still that means the offense put up around 30 points a game, which is pretty solid. They were the 8th best passing team in the league and finished in the bottom half of the league in rushing (18th). So Andy did play a big part in the Bengals making the playoffs in the first place. Again, I don't think he's the long term answer. They need to start looking at a QB of the future. But I think you could do a whole lot worse than Andy Daulton, and there are probably a good number of teams that would take Andy in a heartbeat.
January 7, 201412 yr I know a lot is being made about that press conference but I could easily see Dalton wording things the way he did because he wanted to be a team guy and not an it's about me thing. He sure did a poor job of it if that was his thought process. The press conference doesn't bother me. The poor decisions under pressure in games is what bothers me. If you want to be a team guy that isn't the way you show it, not after committing 3 turnovers by yourself. I'm sorry, he isn't a moron, he isn't that naive--he just didn't want to own it.
January 7, 201412 yr I know a lot is being made about that press conference but I could easily see Dalton wording things the way he did because he wanted to be a team guy and not an it's about me thing. He sure did a poor job of it if that was his thought process. The press conference doesn't bother me. The poor decisions under pressure in games is what bothers me. Did you listen to the press conference or did you just read about it? I listened and watched it live on NFL Network and I even made a comment on here as it happened and as he threw his teammates under the bus as he refused to take any responsibility for it. It wasn't me just reading it that way, it was every reporter who sat there and heard with their own ears and knew exactly what a coward he was. It was bad enough when the question frist came up asking if he deserved any responsibility and he didn't take any, then when the same reporter followed it up...and the way he followed it up by what he said and how he said it, everyone in the room knew exactley that he wasn't leaving Dalton any wiggle room, he was asked point blank if "HE" needs to take any responsiblilty for what happened and again Dalton avoided it and threw his teammates under the bus saying we over and over again, never I. the only time he said I was when someone asked him if he has improved over the past 3 seasons and he was sure to jump all over that and said "I" Improved a lot. He wasn't being a team guy, he was being a coward who won't acknowledge that he ever makes mistakes. This also isn't the first time, every single presser he has, if it's a good game and the bengals win, it's all about how he has improved and he takes credit for the great play. After a loss it's always "we" need to do better etc. and "We" need to clean up the mistakes etc. Never him. He's a chump.
January 7, 201412 yr I'm not a fan of him either at all but putting him in the bottom five is just wrong. He is a mediocre NFL QB. I hate that I have too defend him but putting him in the bottom five of starting QB's is ridiculous to me. I could care less how many yards they put up. These guys are in the NFL and should know how to throw the pigskin around. It's the decision making and how to handle pressure that counts the most. Dalton never has consistently handled pressure. He is a loser period, he's not a winner. I want a winner. I'd take a game manager, if he was only a game manager I'd be happy. A game manager doesn't throw the ball 51 times and only runs the ball 20 times when your RB is averaging over 5 yards a carry. Dalton is a clown.
January 7, 201412 yr Rivers at 19th is a joke. Anytime you walk into a stadium with him you have a chance to win. #1 in NFL in completion percentage, #2 in QBR, #1 in drives of 10 plays or more, #1 in average length of drives, #1 in time of possession, #3 in throws of 10 yards or more. I think Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson are tops and then you get to Rivers, Flacco, Roethlisberger, and E. Manning, and I think Rivers is better right now.
January 7, 201412 yr I could care less how many yards they put up. These guys are in the NFL and should know how to throw the pigskin around. It's the decision making and how to handle pressure that counts the most. Dalton never has consistently handled pressure. He is a loser period, he's not a winner. I want a winner. I'd take a game manager, if he was only a game manager I'd be happy. A game manager doesn't throw the ball 51 times and only runs the ball 20 times when your RB is averaging over 5 yards a carry. Dalton is a clown. HB, you claim you're not emotional about Dalton but you're all emotion. Calling him a loser, a clown, a chump and whatever else you've called him. Now you're blaming him for the OC's play calling? Cmon man! There's plenty to complain about without going overboard like you have been doing.
January 7, 201412 yr I always thought the last NFL QB we would see with a lower IQ than twice his ball speed (measured by mph) would be Brett Favre. (Had great ball speed so that doesn't exactly make him "stupid"!) Dalton has proven me wrong. He just doesn't seem smart. College QB's gotta have physical talent. NFL QB's need that AND intelligence. I don't get the feel that Dalton is a "smart" guy. Nevermind the under pressure decision making, which is gut, not brains. He just doesn't seem "smart". And with Gruden's play calling, not having "smart" under center is gonna kill you everytime.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.