Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Chuck Smith applies to Highlands.......

Featured Replies

would he or should he be the #1 choice?

 

I say yes. Granted we all know Weinrich has the job in his back pocket and I mean no disrespect to him at all. I just look at what Chuck Smith did at Boyle County and I can't imagine why he wouldn't get the job if he applied.

 

Am I wrong? Would Chuck get the job if he applies?

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I'm still in the camp that Highlands should be reaching out to Chuck Smith and actively and openly pursuing him.

For what it's worth, Coach Smith has family in the Bardstown area and that, coupled with the job they were able to fit him with, is why he is here now. I don't know his future motivations beyond this school year, however.

  • Author
For what it's worth, Coach Smith has family in the Bardstown area and that, coupled with the job they were able to fit him with, is why he is here now. I don't know his future motivations beyond this school year, however.

 

Very true. I am of the opinion that a school serious about their football program finds a job for Chuck Smith. One way or another.

Very true. I am of the opinion that a school serious about their football program finds a job for Chuck Smith. One way or another.

 

Then in all likelihood Highlands will never be a fit for guys who just want to coach and don't want to teach unless they are paraprofessionals. I could be wrong but I think (and hope) I am right.

I'm still in the camp that Highlands should be reaching out to Chuck Smith and actively and openly pursuing him.

 

Don't think it'd be the worst idea ever.

What happened to "Chuck Smith to Madison Central"?

  • Author
What happened to "Chuck Smith to Madison Central"?

 

 

Still waiting to see what happens there. At one point it was a "done deal" but after the LexCath job came open(not saying it is related) and the other jobs became open all of the "done deal" talk got really quiet.

I don't care where he goes, I'd just like to see him coaching again...well not in 2A, I don't want that!

I believe Highlands has only gone outside one of it's own once in the last 50 years and it didn't turn out so well for them. There were a couple of state titles but people were not happy with they way it was run. They likely will stay with an insider.

If Chuck Smith becomes the new coach at Highlands, he will no longer be able to give Belfry victories---heavenly conflict of interest.

I could totally see this happening. Chuck to Highlands that is.

It's not going to happen at Highlands, but I think Highlands is one of the very few schools in the state that would not consider him. Highlands for better and worse is it's own animal and what would conventional thinking at other places is replaced by their own sense of right and wrong. In this case they will bend over backwards to hire a coach with Highlands ties and not just a hired gun so to speak.

It's not going to happen at Highlands, but I think Highlands is one of the very few schools in the state that would not consider him. Highlands for better and worse is it's own animal and what would conventional thinking at other places is replaced by their own sense of right and wrong. In this case they will bend over backwards to hire a coach with Highlands ties and not just a hired gun so to speak.

 

^This

  • Author
It's not going to happen at Highlands, but I think Highlands is one of the very few schools in the state that would not consider him. Highlands for better and worse is it's own animal and what would conventional thinking at other places is replaced by their own sense of right and wrong. In this case they will bend over backwards to hire a coach with Highlands ties and not just a hired gun so to speak.

 

 

Yep.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.