Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Packers 37 Cowboys 36

Featured Replies

Yes it was.

 

We were with some friends last night & some of the ladies aren't the biggest football fans but we were watching the game. A few minutes into the 4th quarter I said to everyone, "This is the point of the game where Tony Romo throws an interception & Dallas loses a heartbreaker."

 

And then, voila!

 

Yep. The announcers were wondering if the Pack left too much time on the clock after that last score. I think just about everyone else knew how that game was going to end. People can blame whoever they want to for the Packers getting back into it, but Romo is comically predictable in those clutch situations.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. The announcers were wondering if the Pack left too much time on the clock after that last score. I think just about everyone else knew how that game was going to end. People can blame whoever they want to for the Packers getting back into it, but Romo is comically predictable in those clutch situations.

 

Agreed.

 

The coaching was bad, but the Romo picks were so Tony Romo.

`

 

Yep. Just like the Ravens.

 

Yep just like the Bengals.

Apparently the costly turnover, the one where Romo did a 360 before heaving the ball, it was a called run which Romo changed the play. Austin was open, but the Packers were also applying intense pressure and the throw shouldn't have been made.

 

Really? If so, that definitely changes things. Thats completely on Romo if he made the play change. Need to understand the situation.

Really? If so' date=' that definitely changes things. Thats completely on Romo if he made the play change. Need to understand the situation.[/quote']Or at least his abilities and limitations. The audible was not a bad call, but the decision making during the play was vintage Romocoaster.

Just jumped back in this conversation and I need clarification. Romo audibled from run to pass when they were up 36-30 with 4 minutes left three times in a row? Or however many times they passed at that point when they should have been running. Romo audibled those plays?

Just jumped back in this conversation and I need clarification. Romo audibled from run to pass when they were up 36-30 with 4 minutes left three times in a row? Or however many times they passed at that point when they should have been running. Romo audibled those plays?

 

That's my problem with the "Romo changed the play" excuse. They should have been running the ball the entire 2nd half. If Romo is allowed to defy the coaching staff that much, then it's definitely a Jerry Jones problem.

If I were capable of being an NFL'er, I think I'd want to play for the Pack, irrespective of what they pay. It's just a good organization. (No, I'm not a stockholder.)

If I were capable of being an NFL'er, I think I'd want to play for the Pack, irrespective of what they pay. It's just a good organization. (No, I'm not a stockholder.)

 

Same here. Green Bay and New England would be the places I would like to play for. In that order.

This game was the Tipping Point in me being a Cowboys fan. I am officially done with this team.

 

I've been a fan for 21 of my 26 years on this earth and I'm just now starting to waiver after all this time. I will pick myself up and move on, but loses like this make it tough to remain faithful. I hate watching the most un prepared team in the NFL week in week out. I mean junior high teams can manage the game more efficently than Garret's squad. Just tough to see as a fan of football and as a lifelong fan of the team. Loses don't bother me, it's the way that they lose though that has me ready to throw in the towel. Sadly until JJ steps down this is what we get, I'm just hoping Stephen isn't just as bad.

I seem to remember earlier in the season when Dez Bryant was being called out that there were several folks on here defending him and saying he didn't do anything wrong when he was on the sidelines arguing and whining etc.

 

Lets hear from those same folks about Dez walking off the field before the game was over.

 

You'll hear from me because I don't blame him. As a fan I am normally cool and calm throughout, but Sunday I was boiling. It was almost rock bottom for me after having to sit through this season after season. I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I was actually a part of it. If I was Dez it would have been hard not to serve knuckle sandwhiches to Garrett, Romo, Callahan, whoever just on their stupidity alone. At least cuss them out real good and make them acknowledge how stupid and incapable they are at running a football team.

 

So if you get my drift it was probably best he left the field before a massive meltdown insued in which he goes crazy on everybody. I feel his pain, I was right there with him. No sense for this loss, Dez is one of the few who actually cares. Him leaving the field was more out of disapointment and disbelief than out of disrespect. He's an emotional guy, so he tries not to let his emotions get the best of him. Sometimes he doesn't handle a situation like most people, but I'd rather him leave the field than do something stupid in front of the whole world.

 

And for those who think Dez just cares about his stats....

 

When Witten caught the big pass over the middle that looked like it was going to help them seal the game Dez was the first one to show emotion and celebrate. He wasn't pouting that he didn't get the ball he was showing childish joy that Witten made the play. The dude just wants to win, he has a burning desire and he is very emotional. It makes him look like a selfish punk to most, but he really just wants to win more than anyone else and it kills him to see the team give wins away on a constant basis.

You are up 26-3 at the half. I understand keeping your foot on the gas. However, it becomes apparent that you cannot stop your opponent in the 3rd quarter, are unable to maintain and score on drives of your own, and have a quarterback who's MO is to throw interceptions late in games at the most inopportune times, WHY ARE YOU PASSING?

 

I was sitting there going, WOW!!

 

Imagine being a fan?

Need to get rid of Romo, owner, owners son, start all over

 

I agree with all but dumping Romo. The infrastructure of the Dallas Cowboys is the problem and as long as it remains that way, we will remain a middle of the road team.

You'll hear from me because I don't blame him. As a fan I am normally cool and calm throughout, but Sunday I was boiling. It was almost rock bottom for me after having to sit through this season after season. I couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I was actually a part of it. If I was Dez it would have been hard not to serve knuckle sandwhiches to Garrett, Romo, Callahan, whoever just on their stupidity alone. At least cuss them out real good and make them acknowledge how stupid and incapable they are at running a football team.

 

So if you get my drift it was probably best he left the field before a massive meltdown insued in which he goes crazy on everybody. I feel his pain, I was right there with him. No sense for this loss, Dez is one of the few who actually cares. Him leaving the field was more out of disapointment and disbelief than out of disrespect. He's an emotional guy, so he tries not to let his emotions get the best of him. Sometimes he doesn't handle a situation like most people, but I'd rather him leave the field than do something stupid in front of the whole world.

 

And for those who think Dez just cares about his stats....

 

When Witten caught the big pass over the middle that looked like it was going to help them seal the game Dez was the first one to show emotion and celebrate. He wasn't pouting that he didn't get the ball he was showing childish joy that Witten made the play. The dude just wants to win, he has a burning desire and he is very emotional. It makes him look like a selfish punk to most, but he really just wants to win more than anyone else and it kills him to see the team give wins away on a constant basis.

 

Spot on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.