Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 35 Frankfort 7

Featured Replies

Final.

 

After the Panthers led 7-6 at the half, the Cardinals ran off 29 straight 2nd half points to win, going away. It was all Cardinals in the 2nd half.

Good halftime speech.

Mayfield DOMINATED the entire game. The stats will show it. Frankfort's only score came from a fumble in the end zone that they picked up for a TD. Their offense did nothing...all night long. Very disappointed in the Frankfort football team...they showed as little character as any team I have seen come in to play at War Memorial, and I'll just leave it at that.

 

Great job by our defense! Looking forward to traveling to Bowling Green again...Go Big Red!

Congrats to Mayfield on the Win, you have a great football program. I certainly wanted it to be my Raceland tea in BG next week but it was not to be. Good luck in the championship game to my new Mayfield / bgp friends. :thumb:

Thanks old rambler, we looked really sharp in the 2nd half, REALLY sorry you guys lost. I was looking forward to the possibility of meetin you guys!

Mayfield DOMINATED the entire game. The stats will show it. Frankfort's only score came from a fumble in the end zone that they picked up for a TD. Their offense did nothing...all night long. Very disappointed in the Frankfort football team...they showed as little character as any team I have seen come in to play at War Memorial, and I'll just leave it at that.

 

Great job by our defense! Looking forward to traveling to Bowling Green again...Go Big Red!

 

I agree, even at the half we had more than doubled them up and were out own worst enemy. They only had 51 yards and 2 first downs at the half. I want to see the stats for the entire game. It would have been alot worse at the half had we not had some drops. We had 3 TD's brought back by penalty tonight, that is too many.

 

All that said, Frankfort played their hearts out and had some tough kids, congrats to them on getting the Beechwood monkey off their back and taking their program to a new height

Congrats to the Panthers on a great season, and congrats to Mayfield on the win tonight.

 

24/7, care to elaborate on the character comment? I wasn't able to keep up with this game.

I'll clarify, not all the Frankfort players were responsible, but there were some that were as intent on taunting the Mayfield players, and taunting the Mayfield fans as they were on winning the football game. They played very undisciplined football, and when the game was obviously decided...some of them obviously quit putting much effort in helping their team. These are just my own personal observations.

Having said all of that, I do think that the Panthers had a really good defense. They put as much pressure on our QB as any team we have played.

I thought Mayfield handled with ease. Score could have been around 49-0. Ref's were spotty. Frankfort never moved the ball and #44 was a non factor. I thought #4 for Frankfort was a good athlete . Frankfort was hardnosed and scrappy. I was concerned in the 1st half being down 7-6 but the score could have been 14-0 Mayfield and I thought they would make some half time adjustments and they did. Mayfield, so far, has handled all of the 1A teams relatively easy with just some minor hiccups.

The Cardinal express rolls on. I can't say I am surprised by this score. Great season for Frankfort. Now you know what you need to do to take it even further. Mayfield is the standard bearer for 1A.

Congrats to Mayfield and good luck next week in Bowling Green. Your program is one of the most dominating programs in Kentucky and yes the State Championship must go through Mayfield. Again Good Luck and safe travels. JD

Team Stats

 

Mayfield

First Downs- 15

Rushing Attempts-yards- 40-137

Passing-yards - 11-23-0-249

Total yards- 386

Penalties-yards- 6-39

Fumbles-lost- 3-1

 

Frankfort

First Downs- 4

Rushing Attempts-yards- 18-84

Passing-yards - 6-21-2-18

Total yards- 102

Penalties-yards- 7-35

Fumbles-lost- 2-2

 

Individual Stats

 

Mayfield

Mills for had 29 carries for 119 yards

Deon Jackson caught 5 passes for 111 yards

Trayjon Bright had 5 carries for 42 yards

Marshall Bacon caught 3 passes for 73 yards

Lane Kennemore caught 3 passes for 65 yards

 

Frankfort

Acree had 4 carries for 28 yards

Robinson had 6 carries for 25 yards

Washington had 5 carries for 25 yards

Not taking anything from Mayfield but Frankfort is way better then the 2nd half performance... The celebration after a sack or tackle for lost is not taunting as both teams were doing that. I will say this we are not there yet in the Discipline category but, way better then past teams. As for Acree being the non factor he was forcing himself to go after one of his runs re injuring his leg. For Frankfort, like every year they BW knocked us out we didn't adjust first half we only rushed three linemen, 2nd half Mayfield came out and got in the 3 back set and drove the ball to score we just didn't adjust...I hope we see Mayfield again next year... best of luck Mayfield. Great nachos!!

Not taking anything from Mayfield but Frankfort is way better then the 2nd half performance... The celebration after a sack or tackle for lost is not taunting as both teams were doing that. I will say this we are not there yet in the Discipline category but, way better then past teams. As for Acree being the non factor he was forcing himself to go after one of his runs re injuring his leg. For Frankfort, like every year they BW knocked us out we didn't adjust first half we only rushed three linemen, 2nd half Mayfield came out and got in the 3 back set and drove the ball to score we just didn't adjust...I hope we see Mayfield again next year... best of luck Mayfield. Great nachos!!

 

I'm sure you are better than you played in the 2nd half, just like Mayfield is better than they played in the 1st half. Frankfort has good athletes but there is something missing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.