Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Johnson to Bengals fans: If you’re not being positive, leave

Featured Replies

There is nothing wrong with booing. When i had season tickets I booed, when I'm home watching on tv i say much worse at the screen. Professional athletes who say fans shouldn't boo should shut their traps. For someone who doesn't pay a dime to get to watch the games (media reporters and professional players) have no right to tell paying customers they can't boo.

 

The boo's arent directoed to the person off the field, they are for the performance on the field. Those same people booing are the ones payiing your multi million dollar salaries so shut your pie hole and play better and you won't have to worry about being booed.

 

Fans in the stands do not make a team play better or worse, and if players think they do then they are in the wrong profession.

 

Boo all you want folks, Andy Dalton deserved to be booed out of the stadium yesterday and if I was there I would of been leading the booing.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is it with Cincinnati players and calling out the fans? Someone should send these guys to Atlanta and let them see what a "real sports town" is.

Or Philly.

I think MJ was just taking up for AD. I would never boo the Bengals, but as long as it civil and profanity laced at the stadium, I have no problem. If I were going to boo I would've on the pick 6 yesterday, I didn't, but man I was ticked.

I don't boo my team. I understand if some do, but I don't.

Different season, same fans.

 

Cincy fans are lambs compared to some markets.

 

We already know fans in this city basically stink in all sports compared to other cities. However so far this year I have heard fans boo in New England when their offense was struggling earlier, same with Pittsburgh, and Baltimore this year. This is something that you occasionaly hear from even great fan bases, especially if they witness the things the Bengals offense did in that first quarter lol. So booing does happen everywhere sometimes.

There is nothing wrong with booing. When i had season tickets I booed, when I'm home watching on tv i say much worse at the screen. Professional athletes who say fans shouldn't boo should shut their traps. For someone who doesn't pay a dime to get to watch the games (media reporters and professional players) have no right to tell paying customers they can't boo.

 

The boo's arent directoed to the person off the field, they are for the performance on the field. Those same people booing are the ones payiing your multi million dollar salaries so shut your pie hole and play better and you won't have to worry about being booed.

 

Fans in the stands do not make a team play better or worse, and if players think they do then they are in the wrong profession.

 

Boo all you want folks, Andy Dalton deserved to be booed out of the stadium yesterday and if I was there I would of been leading the booing.

 

I agree! Shoot I have been called the most optimistic person ever on here, Mike Brown Lover, drinking the kook-aid, looking through my Bengals glasses, etc, etc. However I was at the game and I also was booing. I paid for my ticket, and with the way the offense played that quarter, specifically Dalton and how bad he has been for the last 3 games caused me to boo. Now if the offense had played great the last two games and had that rough start in the 1st quarter I wouldn't have booed. However with as bad as Dalton has been, it was the tipping point watching that pick 6 lol.

As a fan of professional sports, I think that the only time when fan interaction as far as cheering/booing is really just unacceptable is when fans cheer an injury (i.e., Texans fans cheering Schaub's injury when he wasn't playing well).

Dear Michael,

 

I have suffered the Bengals for a very long time, in fact since 1967, or twenty years before you were born. It all began with high expectations, having one of the greatest coaches of all time leading the franchise, a new stadium in the works, and even a small measure of early success. Unfortunately that level of success achieved by only the franchise's fourth season, has only been replicated seven times and exceeded only twice in the more than forty years since. In that same time period a level of futility that few professional franchise can match was perpetrated upon this fan base. Much of this futility was thrust upon us intentionally, by an ownership that placed no value on winning, and their own personal gain above all else.

 

That new stadium, necessary for the teams success we were told, was delivered at taxpayer expense and declared to be state of the art. Within a few short years the team ( ownership) told us that the stadium was inadequate and did not meet the needs of the team. Upgrades were made and again paid for time and again by taxpayers (read Bengals fans). After about 12 years rumblings began about the need for a new stadium. Those rumbling grew to demands and later to threats to move the team. The taxpayers (again read Bengal fans) ponied up and agreed to raise taxes upon themselves to pay for a modern state of the art football stadium fitting of a high calibre NFL team. In return we were promised that the team would be able to finally prosper. In keeping with the tradition of the team, the only tradition the team has embraced outside of losing, further demands were made on the taxpayers. Prime city and county property on the riverfront was demanded for the stadium location. Not only did the city/county acquiesce, but did so by displacing longtime successfull Cincinnati businesses through eminent domain. The stadium was built and the team continued its abuse of taxpayers leveraging a lease that essentially gives the team the right to use the stadium as it wishes with no accountability to its rightfull owners. For all of this we have repeatedly been told that the team will strive to be 'competitive', a standard which the team failed to meet in all but three seasons since the fruit of their extortion was delivered. Now that 'competitive' has finally been realized, demands for improvements are being made and rumblings of the building's shortcomings can be heard from ownership. The current iteration of the team has enjoyed some success, yet has also proven capable of failing against the lower tier of the league as well.

 

So now you, who have been around town for about four years,(equal to fewer than ten wins in the worst of times) propose to tell us how to act when we pay to go into the house that we paid to have built. How big of you to share your wisdom with those of us who don't know any better than to show disgust with poor performance. After all how smart can the average fan be? If he made income equal to the average Cincinnatian and bought four tickets to the game for he and his family, four beverages and four food items, along with paying for parking, just spent about 25% of his families weekly income.

 

Maybe your right. Maybe you see things more clearly from your place on the field that we paid to have built. Maybe your wisdom, like your income, is greater than that of two hundred average Bengals fans combined and you do know better how we should express OUR emotions.

Saw where Houston fans booed so loud the home team used silent signals.

I'll never understand booing a team you're a fan of. Ever!

I have no problem booing professional sports players, coaches, and organizations. Those guys are being paid handsomely to entertain me. If I'm not being entertained, they're going to here about it.

I'll never understand booing a team you're a fan of. Ever!

 

I never understood a fan of a team not wanting or expecting improvement.

 

Last I heard all booing does is show your disappointment. It's never killed or even injured anyone last I checked.

............

 

I've told myself to ignore this thread because it is pointless....but....as usual, I can't resist.

 

Michael Johnson was sticking up for his teammate, nothing more and nothing less, and I want a team full of guys that will get TICKED OFF if you boo their guy. I can tell you this, if that were my brother / son / best friend and he was getting booed (even if he technically deserved it), I'd be mad too.

 

Boo if you want, don't if you want, I could not care less. Just don't make more of this than it is -- a guy sticking up for his teammate. I want more guys like this, not less.

I never understood a fan of a team not wanting or expecting improvement.

 

Last I heard all booing does is show your disappointment. It's never killed or even injured anyone last I checked.

 

What does that have to do with anything? I respect the ability of professional athletes too much to boo. Plain and simple.

 

Will I write something about it on a message board, sure. I just don't get the booing at a game of a team you are a fan of. I want everyone on my favorite team to have career years, every year. And the thing is...so do they.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.