Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Johnson to Bengals fans: If you’re not being positive, leave

Featured Replies

I'll never understand booing a team you're a fan of. Ever!

 

What does that have to do with anything? I respect the ability of professional athletes too much to boo. Plain and simple.

 

Will I write something about it on a message board, sure. I just don't get the booing at a game of a team you are a fan of. I want everyone on my favorite team to have career years, every year. And the thing is...so do they.

 

As you know I have been one of the most positive people about the Bengals the past few years, and believed in them when most people did not. However I was booing at that game after that pick 6 and I don't feel bad for doing it.

 

These players get paid millions of dollars to play a sport they love. While I to work and do an even more important job, and get paid a lot less money. Then I also have to use money from my checks that are not even close to what they make, to watch them play a sport they love for millions of dollars. So yes if I decide to boo, then there is definitely nothing wrong with doing that. Now booing a team you like that is not a professional team is a bad thing to do. However these guys are getting paid millions to play a sport they love, while I have to use money to watch them play that sport. Not to mention guess what I may be booing then, but guess who also is yelling a cheering and your biggest supporter right that, Me! Nothing wrong with booing, sometimes it happens and that tipping point was that pick 6 after that horribe start and two straight bad games before that.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said you can't boo. I just said I don't get it and never would do it.

 

 

If you want to be reactionary and boo the first 10 minutes of a game that your team ends up winning, who am I to ruin the "joy" you get from being a fan?

If you want to be reactionary and boo the first 10 minutes of a game that your team ends up winning, who am I to ruin the "joy" you get from being a fan?

 

I think I'd like you in real life.

I think I'd like you in real life.

 

Ha! Real life...

I never said you can't boo. I just said I don't get it and never would do it.

 

 

If you want to be reactionary and boo the first 10 minutes of a game that your team ends up winning, who am I to ruin the "joy" you get from being a fan?

 

You said you don't understand why a fan would boo, and I told you why. It would just be being reactionary as you say if the offense had been playing good lately, and then in the first 10 minutes of this game they struggled and we started booing. Its the same reason why you don't see people boo Manning after just one bad game. However it is the reason why you still saw fans boo even Tom Brady and the offense earlier in the season when he struggled a few games in a row. When its something that usually don't happen, then yes it makes no sense to boo. However when you seen for 2 straight games bad offensive play, and then a start like that to a huge game yes people are going to boo. Especially people who paid money to watch millionaires play a sport they love.

 

I admit it should take a lot for a team or person to get booed, and at that point in the game after two bad games the timing fit.

You said you don't understand why a fan would boo' date=' and I told you why. It would just be being reactionary as you say if the offense had been playing good lately, and then in the first 10 minutes of this game they struggled and we started booing. Its the same reason why you don't see people boo Manning after just one bad game. However it is the reason why you still saw fans boo even Tom Brady and the offense earlier in the season when he struggled a few games in a row. When its something that usually don't happen, then yes it makes no sense to boo. However when you seen for 2 straight games bad offensive play, and then a start like that to a huge game yes people are going to boo. Especially people who paid money to watch millionaires play a sport they love. I admit it should take a lot for a team or person to get booed, and at that point in the game after two bad games the timing fit.[/quote']

 

Let me rephrase. I understand that fans get upset and boo because their team isn't performing up to said fans standards.

 

What I don't get is how a so called fan could turn on his team so quickly. Fan is short for fanatic...

 

I pay to see my Dr who makes six figures but I don't boo him when he asks to cough.

Let me rephrase. I understand that fans get upset and boo because their team isn't performing up to said fans standards.

 

What I don't get is how a so called fan could turn on his team so quickly. Fan is short for fanatic...

 

I pay to see my Dr who makes six figures but I don't boo him when he asks to cough.

 

Really depends on a situation. I have been a fan of the Bengals my whole life, and the majority of those years have been very disappointing years. Yet I stay faithful and behind them every year, and always opptimistic if I find reason to be opptimistic. I believe I have shown that on here, when I believed in them while most people thought they would suck the last two years. The Bengals for the first time in my life time as a sports fan have a team that can make a run for the super bowl. However I also know that depends on the play of our QB. After witnessing two straight horrible games, the horrible start to the Cleveland game was the tipping point. There are some fans I agree with you on that turn on their team very quickly, however when it comes to this franchise if a fan is still going to games after all these years that is not turning on the franchise at all. That is showing support in itself, and so I see nothing wrong with people booing based on the cirumstances of that game. Other cases I might feel different, but not in this circumstance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.