Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Johnson to Bengals fans: If you’re not being positive, leave

Featured Replies

“If you’re not believing and being positive, leave,” Johnson said, via ESPN.com. “We don’t need you. Because that’s what we’re about around here — staying focused, staying positive and keeping our energy going. Negativity breeds negativity, and we don’t do that around here.”

 

It’s probably not a coincidence that the boos were heaviest after Dalton’s interceptions as the October AFC offensive player of the month appeared to be continuing the drop in play that’s affected him all month. A banner asking for the real Dalton to stand up was unfurled in the stands, although the plea went unanswered as Dalton went 13-of-27 for 93 yards and three touchdowns to go with those two interceptions.

 

Bengals fans paid their money, so they’ve got the right to express their displeasure with the team’s play regardless of Johnson’s desires. Any expressions of disgust should be tempered by the fact that the Bengals lead the division by 2.5 games with five games left on their schedule. That’s a pretty nice place to be while waiting for your quarterback to find his way.

 

Michael Johnson to Bengals fans: If you?re not being positive, leave | ProFootballTalk

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

As much as I love the Bengals, stick a sock in Michael.

 

I was there, I did not boo but I knew it was coming. Additionally I think the boos were deserved but at the same time I would have a difficult time ever booing the Bengals.

 

What is your position on booing the home team?

As much as I love the Bengals, stick a sock in Michael.

 

I was there, I did not boo but I knew it was coming. Additionally I think the boos were deserved but at the same time I would have a difficult time ever booing the Bengals.

 

What is your position on booing the home team?

 

I never, ever do it. I may throw my hands up in disgust and say a few things under my breath...but, you'll never hear me boo the team. The effect of booing your own team, to me, is pretty much the same as cheering for the other team. Why give them any help?

 

Now, I'll admit, I was fit to be tied after the 2nd INT. But, I was watching the TV at home...so I'm pretty sure the Browns didn't see/hear it. If it was at PBS, no chance I give them any reason to relish even more what they just did. It's bad enough the INT occurred...why give them (the Browns) any added satisfaction for getting the fans to turn on their hometown team. Won't do it.

MJ needs to be quiet. Dalton deserved the boo's but like Guru said I'm not one to boo at the stadium. But if a fan pays his money to attend the game as long as he doesn't cross a line who paid for his right to boo.

Who is Michael Johnson? Doesn't he do the long jump and run track? Why does he care about Bengals fans?

Johnson needs to start making plays and get more sacks!

Johnson needs to start making plays and get more sacks!

 

He had a sack, a forced fumble, and an interception yesterday....What more do you want from him? :lol2:

He had a sack, a forced fumble, and an interception yesterday....What more do you want from him? :lol2:

 

Yeah, but he sold 0 hot dogs.

Different season, same fans.

 

Cincy fans are lambs compared to some markets.

It's never a good idea to call out fans... Wish proffesional athletes would learn

What is it with Cincinnati players and calling out the fans? Someone should send these guys to Atlanta and let them see what a "real sports town" is.

He had a sack, a forced fumble, and an interception yesterday....What more do you want from him? :lol2:

 

3.5 sacks for the year not good for a pass rushing DE!

What in the world is wrong with booing professional athletes? These guys are being paid salaries that most of us could only dream of and those buying the tickets shouldn't express their displeasure? To me booing your favorite professional team isn't a whole lot different than sending a steak back for not being cooked to your liking at a restaurant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.