Blue / White Game

Rebel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't see much of the scrimmage, although I did see that nasty Randle dunk when he drove it down the lane.

Who is the shooter on the team? The little that I watched, I didn't see anyone hitting jump shots.

They were 15-28 from the 3-point line. Young 3-5, Aaron Harrison 3-4, Derek Willis 5-6, Polson 2-4, Hood 1-3, Hawkins 1-3

I didn't see much of the scrimmage, although I did see that nasty Randle dunk when he drove it down the lane.

Who is the shooter on the team? The little that I watched, I didn't see anyone hitting jump shots.

As Wireman said, a bunch of them shot well. Young's outside shot impressed me the most. Smooth.

They were 15-28 from the 3-point line. Young 3-5, Aaron Harrison 3-4, Derek Willis 5-6, Polson 2-4, Hood 1-3, Hawkins 1-3

Young really had it last night, and they're all consistent shooters. Honestly I won't be surprised if Julius Randle takes a decent amount of jump shots either, as much as Calipari might not like that, but he's not a bad shooter at all. And Willis is really going to make it hard for him not to get minutes. I think he'll have a role like Wiltjer did on 2011-2012 team, although Willis will be much better defensively.

Edited by blueandgold

Chris Weber. I hate comparing players, but that was my initial reaction seeing Randle 2 years ago and I still think it fits when comparing things on the court. The skill set and power frame are very similar...

I certainly see the Weber comparisons especially physically. I just think Randle has a floor game similar to someone like White.

I have to wonder what was going on at Bullitt East because he's clearly on a different level now.

Can you elaborate on that? He had a spectacular high school career. Junior year they lost to state champion Trinity at Rupp Arena in March. Senior year Bullitt East went 29-5 and was beaten by PRP in the region finals. I don't know what else they could have done. Did you ever get to see him play at Bullitt East?