Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue / White Game

Featured Replies

I didn't realize how talented Young was until last night, he won't be around long.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see much of the scrimmage, although I did see that nasty Randle dunk when he drove it down the lane.

 

Who is the shooter on the team? The little that I watched, I didn't see anyone hitting jump shots.

I didn't see much of the scrimmage, although I did see that nasty Randle dunk when he drove it down the lane.

 

Who is the shooter on the team? The little that I watched, I didn't see anyone hitting jump shots.

 

They were 15-28 from the 3-point line. Young 3-5, Aaron Harrison 3-4, Derek Willis 5-6, Polson 2-4, Hood 1-3, Hawkins 1-3

They were 15-28 from the 3-point line. Young 3-5, Aaron Harrison 3-4, Derek Willis 5-6, Polson 2-4, Hood 1-3, Hawkins 1-3

 

That'll work.

I didn't see much of the scrimmage, although I did see that nasty Randle dunk when he drove it down the lane.

 

Who is the shooter on the team? The little that I watched, I didn't see anyone hitting jump shots.

 

As Wireman said, a bunch of them shot well. Young's outside shot impressed me the most. Smooth.

They were 15-28 from the 3-point line. Young 3-5, Aaron Harrison 3-4, Derek Willis 5-6, Polson 2-4, Hood 1-3, Hawkins 1-3

 

Young really had it last night, and they're all consistent shooters. Honestly I won't be surprised if Julius Randle takes a decent amount of jump shots either, as much as Calipari might not like that, but he's not a bad shooter at all. And Willis is really going to make it hard for him not to get minutes. I think he'll have a role like Wiltjer did on 2011-2012 team, although Willis will be much better defensively.

Edited by blueandgold

Cauley-Stein - says James Young plays like this EVERY day and is also happy to get a black eye lol:

 

Some bright spots, a little more to be told after the two scrimmages, then UNC-Asheville and N. Kentucky before the Spartans.

James Young:

 

[video=youtube;dCgA-i3KqWY]

  • Author
Here are the two students who won the spring tuition deal from John Calipari:

 

[video=youtube;-2eQ3aPggbw]

 

I liked it when Cal said ... Josh is from Boyle County, KY! :lol2: Yaaaa! Josh

Chris Weber. I hate comparing players, but that was my initial reaction seeing Randle 2 years ago and I still think it fits when comparing things on the court. The skill set and power frame are very similar...

 

I certainly see the Weber comparisons especially physically. I just think Randle has a floor game similar to someone like White.

I've never wished for UK to lose a basketball game but I actually hope they lose the first one.

I do not think this team will go 40-0, but they will certainly win a boat load of games, just not sure how many that is.... Maybe 30+

I have to wonder what was going on at Bullitt East because he's clearly on a different level now.

 

 

Can you elaborate on that? He had a spectacular high school career. Junior year they lost to state champion Trinity at Rupp Arena in March. Senior year Bullitt East went 29-5 and was beaten by PRP in the region finals. I don't know what else they could have done. Did you ever get to see him play at Bullitt East?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.