Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue / White Game

Featured Replies

I'll believe Willis plays this year when I see it happen, but I do acknowledge that he is far better than I ever imagined he'd be.

 

He looks to have added 10-15 lbs. of muscle and he's very confident. He started last night which seems to indicate that he's in the top 10 of the rotation currently.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randle makes me think C-Webb and Beasley... Not Beasleys attitude but

his time at K-State.

He looks to have added 10-15 lbs. of muscle and he's very confident. He started last night which seems to indicate that he's in the top 10 of the rotation currently.

 

Very much agree on the muscle & confidence. And you're probably right on Willis being in the top ten. Maybe 9th or 10th. My thing is that I just don't see Cal going that deep unless the game is a blowout.

Very much agree on the muscle & confidence. And you're probably right on Willis being in the top ten. Maybe 9th or 10th. My thing is that I just don't see Cal going that deep unless the game is a blowout.

 

He said he isn't going to play 11 last night but then said something along the lines of "you saw Willis and Hawkins tonight...where do I fit those guys in at?" He said he still is working on who will play the majority of the minutes.

He said he isn't going to play 11 last night but then said something along the lines of "you saw Willis and Hawkins tonight...where do I fit those guys in at?" He said he still is working on who will play the majority of the minutes.

 

Barring injury the Harrisons, Young, & Randle will dominate the minutes played category. I just think it's going to be hard for Cal to keep any one of those four guys off the floor.

 

I was impressed with the Harrisons & Young early on in how aggressive they were defensively. With their length & athleticism, they will cause a lot of problems for opposing backcourts.

Barring injury the Harrisons, Young, & Randle will dominate the minutes played category. I just think it's going to be hard for Cal to keep any one of those four guys off the floor.

 

I was impressed with the Harrisons & Young early on in how aggressive they were defensively. With their length & athleticism, they will cause a lot of problems for opposing backcourts.

 

There will be plenty of blowouts this season. That'll provide good opportunities for Willis, Hawkins, Hood and Polson to earn 8-12 minutes.

There will be plenty of blowouts this season. That'll provide good opportunities for Willis, Hawkins, Hood and Polson to earn 8-12 minutes.

 

Probably right. I should specify "meaningful minutes."

Probably right. I should specify "meaningful minutes."

 

I think Willis will play some meaningful minutes this season.

The way Willis shot last night he's not going to hurt them by being in for a few meaningful minutes.

In the game Hoist a couple 3's off set plays and go back out.

Here are the two students who won the spring tuition deal from John Calipari:

 

[video=youtube;-2eQ3aPggbw]

I think Willis will play some meaningful minutes this season.

 

I hope he performs well enough that you are right. :thumb:

John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari

Alright, #BBN, you're getting a little carried away with last night's scrimmage.

Coach Cal after the scrimmage:

 

John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari

Alright, #BBN, you're getting a little carried away with last night's scrimmage.

 

Someone on Twitter said Derek Willis is ALREADY better than Scott Padgett smh.

Someone on Twitter said Derek Willis is ALREADY better than Scott Padgett smh.

 

Doesn't surprise me. :lol2:

 

It's not a bad comparison, though. And Padgett became a much better player than I ever thought he would be. Willis has a long way to go for that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.