October 22, 201312 yr Never knew about Gottlieb stealing credit cards when he was at Notre Dame...maybe since he has so much experience with "Credit" cards he thinks he can "Dis-credit" everyone that disagrees with him. Compare himself to Johnny Football too... If you don’t know of Doug Gottlieb’s story when he was a young and immature college basketball player at Notre Dame, here’s the short of it: In the spring of 1996 after the conclusion of his freshman season, Gottlieb betrayed the trust of a fellow Notre Dame student who graciously allowed him to use his computer by taking his credit card and having himself a little online shopping spree. Like so many college students who believe they are invincible, Gottlieb thought he’d be able to get away with this foolish act — the starting point guard for Notre Dame can do anything, right? Well, as you’d expect, Gottlieb was caught and immediately bounced from Notre Dame. What happened next? He grew up. Today, 17 years after the fact, Gottlieb sees a lot of current Texas A&M quarterback and the face of college athletics Johnny Manziel in that foolish kid he was once upon a time. “Johnny has that same arrogance I had. The difference is nobody was putting me on the cover of Time Magazine, making me a poster boy for why college athletes should be paid,” Gottlieb wrote. Gottlieb = Butt Clown
October 22, 201312 yr I can't stand him. Why is he even on national TV? There has to be so many more out there who are way better than him.
December 24, 201312 yr He's doing the color for the Vegas Classic on CBS Sports Net, this evening. He looks old. The sound is all the way down, tonight. Just for good measure.
December 24, 201312 yr I guess that prediction wasn't so crazy after all... He is an expert. He did play the game.
December 24, 201312 yr He is a provocateur. I think there may be a few of these on BGP, too. It will be no surprise that I'm a fan of the guy. Very smart guy.
December 24, 201312 yr ....... Doug is a great guy, really funny, and actually quite humble in person. My time with ESPN people has been somewhat surprising: Gottlieb most loathe and is great in person. Greenie and Kenny Mayne are complete jerks, super arrogant and unlikable. LaPhonso Ellis is the BEST guy you'd ever meet. Kirk Herbstreit, whom I know many don't like, is an awesome guy and completely down-to-Earth. Honestly, if anyone on this board spent an hour with Gottlieb over lunch you'd be fast friends.
December 24, 201312 yr ....... Doug is a great guy, really funny, and actually quite humble in person. My time with ESPN people has been somewhat surprising: Gottlieb most loathe and is great in person. Greenie and Kenny Mayne are complete jerks, super arrogant and unlikable. LaPhonso Ellis is the BEST guy you'd ever meet. Kirk Herbstreit, whom I know many don't like, is an awesome guy and completely down-to-Earth. Honestly, if anyone on this board spent an hour with Gottlieb over lunch you'd be fast friends. Who doesn't like Herbie?
December 24, 201312 yr Yeah I can't hate on Gottlieb at all. People act like he's a moron but looking back on his appearance on KSR he actually wasn't far off
December 24, 201312 yr Who doesn't like Herbie? Hmm, a good looking guy with mad stacks and a dime for a wife...gee, who wouldn't be looking to knock that guy down a notch? :bunny: Serious answer: I've heard thousands of people say he comes off "arrogant" on TV. Translation: see above.
December 24, 201312 yr Hmm, a good looking guy with mad stacks and a dime for a wife...gee, who wouldn't be looking to knock that guy down a notch? :bunny: Serious answer: I've heard thousands of people say he comes off "arrogant" on TV. Translation: see above. I still don't get it. I've always found him to be intelligent, informed, and keeping sports in the right spirit.
December 24, 201312 yr ....... Doug is a great guy, really funny, and actually quite humble in person. My time with ESPN people has been somewhat surprising: Gottlieb most loathe and is great in person. Greenie and Kenny Mayne are complete jerks, super arrogant and unlikable. LaPhonso Ellis is the BEST guy you'd ever meet. Kirk Herbstreit, whom I know many don't like, is an awesome guy and completely down-to-Earth. Honestly, if anyone on this board spent an hour with Gottlieb over lunch you'd be fast friends. One observation: the guys that were actually athletes & played the game are more humble while those who worked their way through journalism school are too big for their britches.
December 24, 201312 yr One observation: the guys that were actually athletes & played the game are more humble while those who worked their way through journalism school are too big for their britches. Hadn't thought about it that way, but it is 100% spot-on with the exception of Tirico.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.