Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doug Gottlieb...

Featured Replies

  • Author
Gottlieb has some good points but ranking them 7th is ridiculous and hammering his own co-workers because they didn't play or coach is the worst.

 

That's the thing that drives me up the wall about him....Any time someone disagrees with him, he responds with "I played the game", like that somehow makes him an expert.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the thing that drives me up the wall about him....Any time someone disagrees with him, he responds with "I played the game", like that somehow makes him an expert.

 

And discredits anyone who didn't.

  • Author
And discredits anyone who didn't.

 

Yep. He and Jones are both major homers, but at least Jones (who I can't stand) admits it. As you said, when he's simply calling a game, Gottlieb is very good and insightful. He just tries too hard to go against the grain.

Gottlieb had some good points the other day, I think he got the best of Jones. Definitely made him look foolish on Rodney Hood and Markell Brown, joked about how bad he must be at evaluating talent. Gottlieb was arguing the point as college players and he is right, as college players Brown and Hood both are going to be big time impact players on good teams. Not sure if I would say Brown is better than Young or Harrison, but thats just because we haven't saw them play yet. He was guaranteeing Markel would be better and its too early to tell, he's banking on the hope that some of UK's guys are all hype and no bite. As a Kentucky fan I think they are going to be un real this year, but he's right in not jumping to a conclusion. I just wouldn't act as if it was a definite it wasn't going to pan out because they certainly have the chance to go on an insane run this season.

That's the thing that drives me up the wall about him....Any time someone disagrees with him, he responds with "I played the game", like that somehow makes him an expert.

 

Well if playing the game makes him an expert, perhaps CBS should also use him to make commentary on news stories involving criminal matters.

Can't stand the guy.

Well if playing the game makes him an expert, perhaps CBS should also use him to make commentary on news stories involving criminal matters.

 

Ouch! Bluegrasspreps should hire you to kick people in the private area :lol2:

After just reading on KSR that Drew Barker threw 7 TD's against CovCath last week and "The only question that remains is whether or not they (Conner) can make another trip to Bowling Green for the KHSAA gridiron bowl. I like their chances.", I can't help but wonder how much other misinformation is on their blog.

 

 

Drew Barker Is Unstoppable | Kentucky Sports Radio

After just reading on KSR that Drew Barker threw 7 TD's against CovCath last week and "The only question that remains is whether or not they (Conner) can make another trip to Bowling Green for the KHSAA gridiron bowl. I like their chances.", I can't help but wonder how much other misinformation is on their blog.

 

 

Drew Barker Is Unstoppable | Kentucky Sports Radio

 

I'm assuming you posted this in the wrong thread....

I'm assuming you posted this in the wrong thread....

 

Nope. Matt Jones and KSR were part of the conversation in this thread.

Nope. Matt Jones and KSR were part of the conversation in this thread.

 

Drew Barker wasn't.

Drew Barker wasn't.

 

My point was the inaccuracy of the information on the KSR blog as the bold below of my previous post clearly states.

 

 

 

After just reading on KSR that Drew Barker threw 7 TD's against CovCath last week and "The only question that remains is whether or not they (Conner) can make another trip to Bowling Green for the KHSAA gridiron bowl. I like their chances.", I can't help but wonder how much other misinformation is on their blog.

 

 

Drew Barker Is Unstoppable | Kentucky Sports Radio

My point was the inaccuracy of the information on the KSR blog as the bold below of my previous post clearly states.

 

How is that article still even up? :lol2:

KSR posting false information??? No WAY!!!!! I refuse to believe that!!!! :lol2:

KSR posting false information??? No WAY!!!!! I refuse to believe that!!!! :lol2:

 

Yeah and Ware was never suspended...he and his buddy Chane are role models.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.