Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mascot Search

Featured Replies

You dated a girl? An actual real live girl? :idunno:

  • Replies 90
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As an aside, I've always had a laugh when our girls teams have played West Jessamine (and Jessamine County before that). Their school's nickname is the "Colts," but their girls team jerseys always say "Lady Colts." You always wants to ask if they understand the problem!

You dated a girl? An actual real live girl? :idunno:

 

Part of it was she was fascinated by Pike County. She loved the accent of all the Belfry boys in the fraternity and the way we talked. My favorite account of her and her fascination was she heard me and another Belfry boy talking about "the head of the holler" and asked if that was like the mayor of the holler or like the HOA President HAHA

As an aside, I've always had a laugh when our girls teams have played West Jessamine (and Jessamine County before that). Their school's nickname is the "Colts," but their girls team jerseys always say "Lady Colts." You always wants to ask if they understand the problem!

I love oxymorons.

 

Of course, I love morons as a whole.

Part of it was she was fascinated by Pike County. She loved the accent of all the Belfry boys in the fraternity and the way we talked. My favorite account of her and her fascination was she heard me and another Belfry boy talking about "the head of the holler" and asked if that was like the mayor of the holler or like the HOA President HAHA
That is a classic. :lol2:

The Hazel Green Bullfrogs were a great name. Made plenty of trips to sweet 16 in basketball & even won a state title. It along with Bush, Lily & London consolidated into Laurel County High School. Hazel Green Elementary still exists (the old high school). One of the greatest gums around. Still has the state title banner & trophy.

When I lived in Franklin, KY I heard this story (I don't claim this to be true) of how Franklin-Simpson became Wildcats and used blue & white for their colors. Franklin High School was the Pioneers and used purple & gold. Simpson County High was the Eagles and had just been created by combining several small rural high schools in about 1940. When it was decided to form a consolidated school system and one high school, Franklin-Simpson HS, in 1945 both sides lobbied for the mascot name and school colors. The system superintendant made the final decision based on the fact that Simpson County HS had recently bought new band uniforms in their school colors of blue & white. The mascot name was borrowed from the University of Kentucky. A variation of this story is they were simply called “Big Blue” for a short time before changing to Wildcats.

As an aside, I've always had a laugh when our girls teams have played West Jessamine (and Jessamine County before that). Their school's nickname is the "Colts," but their girls team jerseys always say "Lady Colts." You always wants to ask if they understand the problem!

 

South Hopkins (now merged into Hopkins Central) was the Tomcats. If I remember correctly, their girls used "Lady Tomcats." Never could understand that either.

The 15th region also had the Martin Purple Flash. I too always liked that and had forgot about them.

 

Henderson City High School was the "Flash." I was a kid when they merged into Henderson County HS. Where they red, white and blue?

 

Another great mascot name (although they didn't have football) was the Central City "Golden Tide."

Somebody once told me that when Highlands High School first opened they were known as the Blue Devils. True or false?

 

Williamstown Demons? I heard that people were trying to change the name to something else. Anybody?

Somebody once told me that when Highlands High School first opened they were known as the Blue Devils. True or false?

 

Williamstown Demons? I heard that people were trying to change the name to something else. Anybody?

 

True

 

Not sure when it changed but someone told me once it was very early.....Maybe 30-40's? Not sure......:idunno:

I think I might have found the best one ever.

 

deafleopards_medium.jpg

raginroyal.jpg

 

The Paris Greyhounds have used the "Hustlin Hound" for their helmet decal. Mason County is the Royals and, admittedly biased, I think the best logo ever is the "Ragin' Royal". :thumb: Designed by Julie Brown of Spectrum Graphics. Stephanie, my wife, gave it the name.

The Mason County logo is designed similar (guy looking right, lots of diagonals) to the Orlando Rage XFL logo ... from 2001.

 

ewf4jierci7flclfkk4lu7mvw.gif

My favorite is Simon Kenton Pioneers. Just read a book about Simon Kenton he was one tough dude Indians could never kill him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.