Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mascot Search

Featured Replies

Speaking of the good old days, what was Sandy Hook's mascot? My dad says he watched Sandy Hook play a basketball game at Belfry in the 60s. The cheerleaders did a cheer that would never, ever fly today. It went

 

"Sandy Hook, Sandy Hook

We are It

S-H for Sandy Hook

I-T for It"

 

:ohbrother::lol2:

 

As Elliott Co is just the next county over from Morgan Co. I cheered many a game against Sandy Hook. Hate to say it, but I too took park in that cheer.....:sssh: But we changed it, instead of "We are it" we substituted "You are it". I would never do that now.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, gold sunrise, you surprise me. :no:

 

 

Do you recall what Sandy Hook's mascot was?

I still get a kick out of the University Christian (FL) team that Highlands played.

 

The Fighting Christians

 

Still highly disappointed that their mascot was not two 40 year old slightly overweight guys playing Church league Softball against each other.

I still get a kick out of the University Christian (FL) team that Highlands played.

 

The Fighting Christians

 

Still highly disappointed that their mascot was not two 40 year old slightly overweight guys playing Church league Softball against each other.

 

:lol2:

LOL, gold sunrise, you surprise me. :no:

 

 

Do you recall what Sandy Hook's mascot was?

 

They were the Lions. Didn't change the mascot, just the name of the school.

McCracken Co was decided by a vote Mustangs Boooo!

Mayfield started out as the BlueJays for about a season before being changed to Cardinals

THe Fulton County Pilots is very approperiate as it refers to River boat Pilots

Tilghman High School, named for a famous local general, Blue Tornado. They take great offense if called Tornados

 

My all time favorite was Purple Flash at Lone Oak, another gone to consolidation that I liked the Symsonia Rough Riders and Lowes Blue Devils

 

 

I can't beleve I just now looked at this thread, it is truly a great one!

McCracken Co was decided by a vote Mustangs Boooo!

Mayfield started out as the BlueJays for about a season before being changed to Cardinals

THe Fulton County Pilots is very approperiate as it refers to River boat Pilots

Tilghman High School, named for a famous local general, Blue Tornado. They take great offense if called Tornados

 

My all time favorite was Purple Flash at Lone Oak, another gone to consolidation that I liked the Symsonia Rough Riders and Lowes Blue Devils

 

 

I can't beleve I just now looked at this thread, it is truly a great one!

 

 

Agree. And lots of unique mascots in Region 1. Fewer now that the McCracken schools have consolidated, but I'll definitely give it to them for originality.

McCracken Co was decided by a vote Mustangs Boooo!

Mayfield started out as the BlueJays for about a season before being changed to Cardinals

THe Fulton County Pilots is very approperiate as it refers to River boat Pilots

Tilghman High School, named for a famous local general, Blue Tornado. They take great offense if called Tornados

 

My all time favorite was Purple Flash at Lone Oak, another gone to consolidation that I liked the Symsonia Rough Riders and Lowes Blue Devils

 

 

I can't beleve I just now looked at this thread, it is truly a great one!

 

The 15th region also had the Martin Purple Flash. I too always liked that and had forgot about them.

No love for the Silver Grove Big Trains. I bet there are not to many schools that use the Big Trains

According to this interesting article on maxpreps, Kentucky high schools have 10 mascot names that are completely unique in the United States.

 

No other high schools in the nation use these mascots:

 

Big Trains

Blue Lightning

Briar Jumpers

Greendevils

Juggernauts

Lyons

Purple Flash

Redhounds

Thorobreds

Valkyries

No love for the Silver Grove Big Trains. I bet there are not to many schools that use the Big Trains

 

Good call. :thumb:

According to this interesting article on maxpreps, Kentucky high schools have 10 mascot names that are completely unique in the United States.

 

No other high schools in the nation use these mascots:

 

 

Big Trains

Blue Lightning

Briar Jumpers

Greendevils

Juggernauts

Lyons

Purple Flash

Redhounds

Thorobreds

Valkyries

 

Interesting there are no other Thorobreds or Redhounds in other states.

Interesting there are no other Thorobreds or Redhounds in other states.

 

I wonder if spelling it that way is what makes it unique? Of course only a few states have those types of horses, but I would imagine somewhere in the US someone is the "Thoroughbreds."

This thread actually reminded me of a girl I dated in college who attended Presentation in Louisville. Presentation's nickname is the Toppers and I learned one night she was the actual mascot at Volleyball games. I associated "Toppers" with WKU and asked if her costume was similar to the blob from WKU. To my surprise she showed me a picture and the actual mascot costume is a giant top hat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.