Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mascot Search

Featured Replies

Lancaster High School (which later consolidated into Garrard County) was also called the Green Devils, but it was two words, not one like Dayton. I'm not aware of any other schools that had that nickname.

 

Yeah it may be 2 words as well but just one of my favs...

  • Replies 90
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah it may be 2 words as well but just one of my favs...

 

I don't think it is. Every time I've ever seen it the spelling was one word. And that's what the KHSAA directory says, too.

I don't think it is. Every time I've ever seen it the spelling was one word. And that's what the KHSAA directory says, too.

 

Ok then I was right for once. Every Squirrel finds a nut once in a while...LOL!

Here is the list of names and out to the side the number of teams that share that name.

 

1. Indians –4

2. Rebels -9

3. Patriots -3

4. Bearcats -4

5. Eagles – 12

6. Tomcats

7. Bruins –I

8. Bombers

9. Tigers -12

10. Trojans -I

11. Wildcats - 10

12. Bobcats -3

13. Pirates -4

14. Mustangs -5

15. Colonels – 7

16. Purples

17. Lions - 3

18. Polar Bears

19. Fighting Tigers

20. Defenders

21. Cougars -10

22. Chargers -2

23. Bears - 3

24. Lakers-2

25. Camels

26. Panthers – 11

27. Yellow Jackets -5

28. Centurions

29. Bulldogs -9

30. Titans – 2

31. Jaguars –3

32. Redhounds

33. Rockets -3

34. Admirals

35. Colts –2

36. Devils

37. Dragons -3

38. Crimsons

39. Raiders- 7

40. Warriors – 3

41. Engineers

42. Musketeers

43. Cavaliers

44. Falcons -2

45. Flyers

46. Wolverines

47. Pilots

48. Cardinals -8

49. Scotties

50. Braves

51. Gators

52. Hornets - 4

53. Green Dragons

54. Black Bears

55. Thorobreds –2

56. Blue Devils

57. Blue Birds

58. Storm

59. Generals – 3

60. Golden Eagles

61. Hawks -2

62. Knights - 2

63. Juggernauts

64. Bluejackets

65. Maroons-2

66. Marshals

67. Royals

68. Green Wave

69. Red Devils -I

70. Aces

71. Blue Tornados

72. Greyhounds

73. Commodores –2

74. Mountian Lions

75. Blackcats

76. Rams

77. Vikings

78. Redhawks

79. Pioneers

80. Briar Jumpers

81. Spartans

82. Comets

83. Shamrocks

 

Harrison County is Thorobreds

Newport Catholic is Thoroughbreds

Harrison County is Thorobreds

Newport Catholic is Thoroughbreds

 

And Harrison County's girls teams are called the "Fillies."

My favorite is from the state of Texas. The "Fighting Farmers". I can see that one being a great one for some of the teams here in KY.

Hey Watusi, I've always thought Belfry should be called the McCoys. And Matwan should be called the Hatfields. Talk about history, yearly game for bragging rights, or is it timber rights? Which ever.

We don't appreciate you laughing at us, Purple Kool-Aid boy.

 

How long ago was this game? I remember Bracken & Boyle doing a home & home just a few years ago. I think Bracken won one of those games, but not sure.

 

I was wondering the same thing.

Hey Watusi, I've always thought Belfry should be called the McCoys. And Matwan should be called the Hatfields. Talk about history, yearly game for bragging rights, or is it timber rights? Which ever.

 

Would that mean Austin Hatfield and Hayden Hatfield would be forced to ride the pine though?

Would that mean Austin Hatfield and Hayden Hatfield would be forced to ride the pine though?

No nothing that extreme. They would just have denounce their family name, swear allegiance to the McCoy family and never cross the Levisa Fork again.

The two titan teams got their name from remember the titans. Mercer did it because they consolidated like the movie. Collins did it by a vote from the students.

I'm impartial to Polar Bears and Briar Jumpers, and it's not because I like Randy Parker and Jumper_Dad. :lol2:

 

Also like NKY' s own Villa Madonna Blue Lightning. :thumb:

Always liked the Banshees from Bethlehem.

Also like NKY' s own Villa Madonna Blue Lightning. :thumb:

 

I actually liked Villa Madonna's name a lot better when they were the Vipers.

The two titan teams got their name from remember the titans. Mercer did it because they consolidated like the movie. Collins did it by a vote from the students.

 

Demographically the name Titans was great for Mercer County. But Collins absolutely blew it by not calling themselves the Governors.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.