Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 20 Steelers 10

Featured Replies

Final. Good win, even though there is still much more room for improvement. Dalton looked a little to pumped up early in the game, and missed some wide open throws. However as I mentioned in another thread, I thought his whole demeanor looked better today. In the past in big games or playoff games he has looked kind of nervous to me, I didn't see him looking tense or nervous tonight. He seemed really confident, and a little too pumped up. I think having more weapons has definitely helped his confidence going into games. I really liked the pump fake to green then coming back to hit Eifert down the middle of the field. So overall still need to get better, but was still his best game against the Steelers.

 

As for the defense the defense played very good. They had a few breakdowns in coverage, however the Steelers only had 130 yards passing mid way through the 4th quarter, and completely shut down the Steelers run game, so overall pretty good.

 

This IMO was almost a must win with the Packers, and Pats coming to town 2 out of the next 3 weeks. They got the win and that is all that matters, it was a fun environment to be in!

 

Who Dey!

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Final. Good win, even though there is still much more room for improvement. Dalton looked a little to pumped up early in the game, and missed some wide open throws. However as I mentioned in another thread, I thought his whole demeanor looked better today. In the past in big games or playoff games he has looked kind of nervous to me, I didn't see him looking tense or nervous tonight. He seemed really confident, and a little too pumped up. I think having more weapons has definitely helped his confidence going into games. I really liked the pump fake to green then coming back to hit Eifert down the middle of the field. So overall still need to get better, but was still his best game against the Steelers.

 

As for the defense the defense played very good. They had a few breakdowns in coverage, however the Steelers only had 130 yards passing mid way through the 4th quarter, and completely shut down the Steelers run game, so overall pretty good.

 

This IMO was almost a must win with the Packers, and Pats coming to town 2 out of the next 3 weeks. They got the win and that is all that matters, it was a fun environment to be in!

 

Who Dey!

 

I agree with what you have said. I am concerned big time against the Pack.They will have to score more than 20 to beat them. I am not sure they will. Pats haven't looked good at all, not as concerned, but it is Tom Brady. The two rooks looked outstanding tonight.

Bernard is going to run away with the RB job soon. I expected that, but not at this point in the year. Regardless, I think BJGE will still have somewhat of a role.

What worries me most (besides Dalton) is the poor play of the secondary. Leon Hall has not looked good at all and when you have to replace their #1 pick last year, Dre, with an aging CB in Pac Man, things aren't looking good. Anyone want an over under for Aaron Rodgers next week? the over under for Rodgers is 300 yards passing, I predict over.

Final. Good win, even though there is still much more room for improvement. Dalton looked a little to pumped up early in the game, and missed some wide open throws. However as I mentioned in another thread, I thought his whole demeanor looked better today. In the past in big games or playoff games he has looked kind of nervous to me, I didn't see him looking tense or nervous tonight. He seemed really confident, and a little too pumped up. I think having more weapons has definitely helped his confidence going into games. I really liked the pump fake to green then coming back to hit Eifert down the middle of the field. So overall still need to get better, but was still his best game against the Steelers.

 

As for the defense the defense played very good. They had a few breakdowns in coverage, however the Steelers only had 130 yards passing mid way through the 4th quarter, and completely shut down the Steelers run game, so overall pretty good.

 

This IMO was almost a must win with the Packers, and Pats coming to town 2 out of the next 3 weeks. They got the win and that is all that matters, it was a fun environment to be in!

 

Who Dey!

 

Papa and daughter will be there.

Bernard is going to run away with the RB job soon. I expected that, but not at this point in the year. Regardless, I think BJGE will still have somewhat of a role.

 

Folks, he will be here all week.

I said the Bengals would win by 10, so I'm happy they hit that. Always good to win but they have no time to celebrate.

The Steelers offense is awful.

 

Andy Dalton looked equally as awful last night.

Greg Cosell says Dalton is so bad on deeper throws b/c he has to overthrow it to make up for his lack of arm strength causing him to lose his accuracy. I remember when people on here ripped me for saying his arm wasn't big enough.

Greg Cosell says Dalton is so bad on deeper throws b/c he has to overthrow it to make up for his lack of arm strength causing him to lose his accuracy. I remember when people on here ripped me for saying his arm wasn't big enough.

 

Don't strain your shoulder too much patting yourself on the back. :rolleyes:

 

His arm strength is fine. I believe it was Bill Polian this past week on the radio that said Dalton's arm strength was comparable to Peyton Manning's.

The Steelers offense is awful.

 

Andy Dalton looked equally as awful last night.

 

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't think Dalton looked bad last night. Yeah, he missed some throws in the first half, but he also had a ton of pressure in his face. Second half he was something like 9-13 for 150 yards and a TD.

Don't strain your shoulder too much patting yourself on the back. :rolleyes:

 

His arm strength is fine. I believe it was Bill Polian this past week on the radio that said Dalton's arm strength was comparable to Peyton Manning's.

 

I think people forget Peyton doesn't have the biggest arm in the league and he does just fine.

When we talk about Dalton, we seem to forget that this is the West Coast Offense. He is being asked to get good at those square outs, dump offs, seam routes, and slants. Going long downfield is a bonus.

Dalton looked bad and it had nothing to do with lack of arm strength.

As I stated in the other thread, Dalton had a passer rating of 122 the 2nd half according to Reedy in his blog. Again, anytime he takes no sacks, throws no picks, and wins, it is a good day. When he takes care of the ball, they are a good enough team because they run the ball well and playing good "D" usually. A big concern is can they win a shootout that is likely the scenario this week. The Packers can score 30 on almost everyone, their defense is a liability. This is the type of matchup that does not favor them, but if the Bengals play clean game with no to's and less penalties, they have a chance. 2-3 turnoves gives Rogers more chances and that is never good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.