Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 20 Steelers 10

Featured Replies

I believe Dalton is hitting over 65% of his passes so far this season. So what is the benchmark on "sucking"?

 

I'm not the one that said he wasn't an accurate passer.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not the one that said he wasn't an accurate passer.

 

You asked if he sucked? I'm wondering what we would base that on?

You asked if he sucked? I'm wondering what we would base that on?

 

I was asking b/c he clearly isn't towards the top of the QB's. He misses a lot of throws especially deep ones. Most of his big plays down field are great plays made by AJ Green. I was asking if his arm is big enough what is holding him back from being better?

Size and accuracy are the two things holding him back.

 

12th in the league in PCT last year and 9th this year. I totally agree with size being an issue and I agree that accuracy has been an issue I think it's b/c he tries to throw harder than a normal throw. We can agree to disagree.

12th in the league in PCT last year and 9th this year. I totally agree with size being an issue and I agree that accuracy has been an issue I think it's b/c he tries to throw harder than a normal throw. We can agree to disagree.

 

Seems like a lot of things including size are middle of the road with Dalton. 6'2. Some are taller, some are shorter. Quite a few stats where he fall in 15-20 range. Not great. Not bad. Just kind of eh!

12th in the league in PCT last year and 9th this year. I totally agree with size being an issue and I agree that accuracy has been an issue I think it's b/c he tries to throw harder than a normal throw. We can agree to disagree.

 

You can't judge a QBs accuracy solely off completion %. Look at Tom Brady this year....He's 3rd last in the league in completion %. You think he all of a sudden became inaccurate?

You can't judge a QBs accuracy solely off completion %. Look at Tom Brady this year....He's 3rd last in the league in completion %. You think he all of a sudden became inaccurate?

 

I agree just pointing out stats. Brady has had a ton of drops plus new guys to throw too and a driving rain storm for a half. My point was I think some to most of his accuracy problems are lack of a great arm.

I agree just pointing out stats. Brady has had a ton of drops plus new guys to throw too and a driving rain storm for a half. My point was I think some to most of his accuracy problems are lack of a great arm.

 

If the majority of his incompletions were/are on routes 15 yards downfield or greater, I'd maybe agree. However, it sure seems like he misses just as many short patterns as downfield. I think he rushes things a lot, and it causes his ball to come out skewed.

If the majority of his incompletions were/are on routes 15 yards downfield or greater, I'd maybe agree. However, it sure seems like he misses just as many short patterns as downfield. I think he rushes things a lot, and it causes his ball to come out skewed.

 

But he hasn't missed that much. He has completed over 65% of his passes.

But he hasn't missed that much. He has completed over 65% of his passes.

 

Right, but again, completion % doesn't necessarily mean you're accurate or inaccurate.

Right, but again, completion % doesn't necessarily mean you're accurate or inaccurate.

 

But you're going on about how many of these throws he's missing on. Statistically it's not that many.

But you're going on about how many of these throws he's missing on. Statistically it's not that many.

 

No, I said his accuracy is the major thing holding him back. This Sunday, count how many of his completed throws are poorly placed. It'll be a lot. He gets away with it, because the majority of his throws aren't into tight coverage, so his WRs can adjust. When he tries to throw into tight windows, that's where his incompletions come from because they aren't able to adjust.

I like the Steelers but they aren't very good. Tomlin on the hot seat?

No, I said his accuracy is the major thing holding him back. This Sunday, count how many of his completed throws are poorly placed. It'll be a lot. He gets away with it, because the majority of his throws aren't into tight coverage, so his WRs can adjust. When he tries to throw into tight windows, that's where his incompletions come from because they aren't able to adjust.

 

Gotcha.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.