Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 20 Steelers 10

Featured Replies

No doubt. The constant bashing of his arm strength takes away any credibility that his criticisms may have.

 

So all the other people that evaluate the game for a living that question his arm strength have no credibility to judge QB's ie...Jaworski, Cosell and others but you do?

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dalton's arm strength is just fine, especially considering what he's being asked to do (majority short/intermediate passes in a West Coast offense). Because, let's face it, just because you have arm strength doesn't automatically mean you're going to be better (see Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, etc.).

 

His biggest "weakness", in my opinion, is something he can't change...and that's his height. Dalton's one that needs good form (not throwing off his back foot), and usually in order to do that, needs a pocket to step up in. It also helps to have passing lanes to throw in as well. So, if this line is getting pressured up front, it will probably impact him more than it would someone like Big Ben.

We get a home win over the Steelers ( which has been extremely rare) and we get a Andy's weak armed and inaccurate thread.:ohbrother:

So all the other people that evaluate the game for a living that question his arm strength have no credibility to judge QB's ie...Jaworski, Cosell and others but you do?

 

Well, according to the information HT provided, yeah, you and them are all wrong. His arm strength is on par with pretty much every QB.

 

The myriad of posts you've made over the past 2 years about how awful is arm strength is are tiring. We get it, you don't like Dalton and are going to bash him every chance you get. It's about as bad as FC's love affair with Carson was. :D

Let the record show I never once questioned his a strentgh what I have questioned is his accuracy down field

 

He has a weakness of anticipating and that hurts him I think. He needs to work on that.

Let the record show I never once questioned his a strentgh what I have questioned is his accuracy down field

 

He has a weakness of anticipating and that hurts him I think. He needs to work on that.

 

Actually I agree with you here. It's his accuracy deep not getting it there or even velocity. I believe I read in Week 1 of this season he had the quickest release of all QB's. His quick release I believe, and don't know for sure, probably compensates for his height to keep passing lanes open a little longer.

Well, according to the information HT provided, yeah, you and them are all wrong. His arm strength is on par with pretty much every QB.

 

The myriad of posts you've made over the past 2 years about how awful is arm strength is are tiring. We get it, you don't like Dalton and are going to bash him every chance you get. It's about as bad as FC's love affair with Carson was. :D

 

I don't dislike Dalton. I just don't have on the orange and black glasses and I admit that he has issues. Pundits agree and people on here says he has a good enough arm just not enough accuracy especially on long balls. I and national experts think its b/c his arm isn't big enough. He keeps proving it over and over. I had never seen that mph stat provided. I do wonder how that translates to making the necessary throws in games b/c Dalton certainly struggles there.

I have no dog in this fight, but he misses a ton of throws that a better QB makes. I don't watch him every week like most of you do, but in my limited opinion, his deep ball is fine, just tends to come out way too late. His sideline route misses on Monday night kept the Steelers defense off the field several times.

  • Author
I think the point they were trying to make, was the fact that on many of the misses that Dalton had in the first half, it was to open (and sometimes wide open) receivers. You make those completions and keep moving the chains...it's not a 10-10 game at halftime. You basically win the game in the first half, instead of having to battle it out in the 2nd.

 

Yes and actually most of those passes he missed in the first half were passes he actually usually is good at. Most of those throws were not to far down field, it was throws he usually hits. Its the deeper ones he usually struggles with. As I mentioned after watching the game, and then Dalton and Marvin confirmed what I thought today on the radio. Was Dalton was a little too pumped up for the game, and putting a little to much on simple throws he usually makes. As the game went on the same throws he missed early he was hitting. His accuracy on passes like that is very good usually actually. However he needs to learn to keep his nerves under control for the good and the bad.

  • Author
Let the record show I never once questioned his a strentgh what I have questioned is his accuracy down field

 

He has a weakness of anticipating and that hurts him I think. He needs to work on that.

 

Definitely agree!

If Dalton's arm is good enough does he just suck?

I believe Dalton is hitting over 65% of his passes so far this season. So what is the benchmark on "sucking"?

I don't dislike Dalton.

 

Your complete lack of ability to make a post regarding anything Bengals and not throw in a bash of Dalton's arm strength (as if that's the only thing that matters at the QB position), says otherwise.

I believe Dalton is hitting over 64% of his passes so far this season. So what is the benchmark on "sucking"?

 

Arm strength. It's the only characteristic that matters with QBs. :D

Your complete lack of ability to make a post regarding anything Bengals and not throw in a bash of Dalton's arm strength (as if that's the only thing that matters at the QB position), says otherwise.

 

I have said before that I like him. I think he is average to good. I just think he's limited and he can't overcome his coach and his physical limitations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.