Anyone own a Keurig

Dlbdonn

I'll stick with my Bunn, cannot imagine anyone settling for one small cup of coffee in the morning or anytime for that matter. I want a quick large pot to fill the thermos up with and out the door

I'm with you. Also the most expensive way to drink at home coffee, but got to hand it to the Keruig people for coming up with the idea. I don't have one but there is one here in the office. Coffee is way to weak for me.

For those that do use them at home...do you have the reusable filter cup you can buy and put your own coffee in? Much cheaper alternative to buying the k cup, guy here at work does this...but I guess kinda defeats the purpose too I suppose.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have one. Mrs C uses it for hot chocolate and some of the flavored stuff periodically.

I never use it. Personally I think it's insane. I make a pot and drink a pot just about everyday. If I don't want a whole pot, I have a 4 cup coffee pot. A 28 oz can of coffee makes 240 cups of coffee for about the same price as 18 K cups.

We have one. Mrs C uses it for hot chocolate and some of the flavored stuff periodically.

I never use it. Personally I think it's insane. I make a pot and drink a pot just about everyday. If I don't want a whole pot, I have a 4 cup coffee pot. A 28 oz can of coffee makes 240 cups of coffee for about the same price as 18 K cups.

Its insanely expensive. I make a pot. Every morning.

I didn't want one but my husband got me one anyways for my birthday.....I love it. I drink lots of coffee. Will have a several regular cups when I get up, then switch to Cappuccino. I have found the cappuccino by Grove Square, very good and not expensive at all compared to the rest. I get it at Wall-mart. 18 cups for $7.95.

I'm with you. Also the most expensive way to drink at home coffee, but got to hand it to the Keruig people for coming up with the idea. I don't have one but there is one here in the office. Coffee is way to weak for me.

For those that do use them at home...do you have the reusable filter cup you can buy and put your own coffee in? Much cheaper alternative to buying the k cup, guy here at work does this...but I guess kinda defeats the purpose too I suppose.

Yes.

Yes.

My daughter has one of the refillables, but it defeats one of the purposes for having one for me. I am a zombie in the morning and spill coffee grinds all over the place, cleaning up the mess ticks me off. Now I have forgoteen twice to put the cup under the spout and gone to brush my teeth with, came back and have an awful mess. You just can't make everything stupid proof for my mornings.

My daughter has one of the refillables, but it defeats one of the purposes for having one for me. I am a zombie in the morning and spill coffee grinds all over the place, cleaning up the mess ticks me off. Now I have forgoteen twice to put the cup under the spout and gone to brush my teeth with, came back and have an awful mess. You just can't make everything stupid proof for my mornings.

I will agree that that the Keurig kcups are not the most economical. But being the only coffee drinker in the house, it's my slurge that I look forward to each day. It's the little things.

(Don't tell my 85-yr-old Depression Era dad. :lol2:)

• 8 months later...

My wife got a new one so I got her old one. I drink about 2 cups per day.

Where do you all get your K-Cups? I got a box of 18 for about $3 at that Bed, Bath & whatever store a few weeks back. They had some boxes of 18 for up to 75% off, though I'm sure that's rare.

We stopped buying the k-cups because of how much it was increasing our grocery bill. We loved the Green Mountain Vanilla Carmel Cream but we bought the little insert thing and started buying a dunkin doughnuts brand that is a similar flavor. We figured it up and for less than half the cost of the K cups we get over twice as many cups but it is a little less convenient.