Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tim Tebow released by the Patriots

Featured Replies

May our long national nightmare be over, and mercifully so.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing the DB did for Tebow was slide a knife into him .. I'll go to my grave believing they tried every way possible to sabotage his success but just couldnt pull it off. I watched every second of every game DB played that year ... There play calling was attempt to lose. They refused to let him throw on 1st or 2nd down , then expected success on 3rd and 14. NO he isnt a great thrower but coach's set players up for success not failure .... so to say he " failed" with two solid org's is a fallacy.

May our long national nightmare be over, and mercifully so.

 

the media coverage is way over the top -- but dont hold against the person.

  • Author
The only thing the DB did for Tebow was slide a knife into him .. I'll go to my grave believing they tried every way possible to sabotage his success but just couldnt pull it off. I watched every second of every game DB played that year ... There play calling was attempt to lose. They refused to let him throw on 1st or 2nd down , then expected success on 3rd and 14. NO he isnt a great thrower but coach's set players up for success not failure .... so to say he " failed" with two solid org's is a fallacy.

 

 

So you're saying their play calling had nothing to do with his deficiencies at the QB position? Nevermind that he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez in New York. Never mind that Jacksonville wanted him as a third-string option behind Blaine Gabbert and who?????

Hate to see it, wanted to see Tebow hang, but I agree it is time to look to his next venture in life.

The only thing the DB did for Tebow was slide a knife into him .. I'll go to my grave believing they tried every way possible to sabotage his success but just couldnt pull it off. I watched every second of every game DB played that year ... There play calling was attempt to lose. They refused to let him throw on 1st or 2nd down , then expected success on 3rd and 14. NO he isnt a great thrower but coach's set players up for success not failure .... so to say he " failed" with two solid org's is a fallacy.

The Bronco's did what they could with Tebow. He often only threw 15 or so passes a GAME, so they didn't throw much on 3rd down either. He's just not accurate enough a passer to throw on first or second down....creates too many third and longs. Besides with the draw he is, if there was a way he could have played, it would have happened. They did everything they could to help him, keeping him out of passing situations, and dumbing down the playbook. NFL teams don't try to sabotage careers....too much money invested and with the salary cap, you do everything you can to make it work.

Edited by rjs4470

I just do not understand the infatuation with Tebow. He just cannot throw the ball in the pass happy NFL. 32 teams and at least half need a backup, including the Bengals, and 4-5 have an inadequate starter. You will never convince me if he was good enough someone would not take him. The NFL is ruthless, they keep you if you can play, they don't if you can't. Plenty of great guys and role models like Tebow that get cut and those, not so much, stay because they can play. You have to be Titus Young bad character-like before everyone gives up. I mean Aqib Talib and Richie Incognito are still around or were recently. He was going to make about 650K this year. Guarantee he will make at least double that being a talking head at one of the major sports networks. He is going to be fine.

Turns out, Roger Dorn pranked him in the locker room and Tebow is still with the Pats....

Time to start that speaking tour.

Turns out' date=' Roger Dorn pranked him in the locker room and Tebow is still with the Pats....[/quote']

 

Red-tag special eh?

The only thing the DB did for Tebow was slide a knife into him .. I'll go to my grave believing they tried every way possible to sabotage his success but just couldnt pull it off. I watched every second of every game DB played that year ... There play calling was attempt to lose. They refused to let him throw on 1st or 2nd down ' date=' then expected success on 3rd and 14. NO he isnt a great thrower but coach's set players up for success not failure .... so to say he " failed" with two solid org's is a fallacy.[/quote']

 

Really?

I really like the guy. I still believe he has the skill/body/intelligence to be an NFL tightend. He's impressive with the ball in his hands, until he has to throw it. I admire his integrity, and his steadfast allegiance to his faith in the face of more scrutiny than anyone I can remember in professional sports in my lifetime has faced.

Might be the last Tebow thread... Cherish it.

 

We can only hope...

  • Author
I really like the guy. I still believe he has the skill/body/intelligence to be an NFL tightend. He's impressive with the ball in his hands, until he has to throw it. I admire his integrity, and his steadfast allegiance to his faith in the face of more scrutiny than anyone I can remember in professional sports in my lifetime has faced.

 

He still plans to be an NFL quarterback.

He still plans to be an NFL quarterback.

Sometimes intelligence and reality never meet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.