Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Wiltjer to Gonzaga

Featured Replies

I think you can take one look at Wiltjer's arms and legs and see that he isn't exactly Tony Atlas.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less pressure at Gonzaga than at UK. Cal was extremely unhappy with Kyle the off season after the championship for not reporting back in shape and bulked up, as he had committed to.

 

If he'd come back to UK this fall he would have to redshirt (per Cal and daddy Wiltjer) and then play behind Karl Towns. In Gonzaga, he won't have that competition for minutes. Heck, he didn't play much for the Canada All Star team. In reality, not better off at Gonzaga long term but much better off in the short term.

 

Not sure who is going to take his place in the WBA videos... maybe Polson and Hood will go as a duo in 2013.

Hate to see him go, I think he would have been able to hit a ton of uncontested 3's this year (although they're saying he would have red shirted). But if he had played he would have been able to assume the same role he had on the 12' team, might have got even better looks than before with all the other scoring threats on the team. As long as UK can fill his 3pt shooting void by committee I think they'll be alright. Young and Aaron Harrison can both shoot from the perimeter, and guys like Poythress and Randle can even hit a few. Poythress actually shot more than 40% from 3 last season but didn't have many attempts. If they can just hit enough to help stretch the D and space the floor I have no worries as this pertains to UK basketball.

 

 

As for Wilter (and much like I said about Wiggins going to KU), I think this may have been the best thing for him. As long as he gets to play with Pangos (which he should for maybe a season) or guards similar to Pangos who can A.) shoot from the perimeter themselves, and B.) get him open looks on the perimeter, he will be just fine. He will be very effective in pick and roll and pick and pop situations so as long as they have a guard who can shoot (and I'm sure they will), Wiltjer will make for some interesting match ups in their system. I could easily see him having Kelly Olynyk type production, at the offensive end at least. I look for Few to use him in much the same way, maybe work some high post stuff, pick and pop, pick and roll, and get him spot up/transition 3's.

From Mr. Wiltjer

 

Dear BBN, this past month has been very emotional and challenging for me. Whether to transfer or not has been one of the toughest decisions of my life, so I would like to thank everyone for being so supportive through this process. I feel like in my basketball career I’m facing a make it or break it moment and the primary factor in this decision is transforming my body. I’m choosing to transfer to Gonzaga because i feel they have a proven plan in place to help develop players similar to me, which has seen great results. I believe with hard work I can maximize my development at Gonzaga. The last two years at UK have been a valuable experience and I’m very grateful for them. Even though I’m leaving the program, Coach Cal and I will continue our relationship and I will look to him for advice. He is more than just a coach to me. I have made many friends here and I plan to come back. My heart will always be in Lex.

 

Thank you BBN,

 

Kyle Wiltjer

As a UK fan I wish he would have been a luxury off the bench but I don't blame him. I think he fits well in Spokane where playing time will be more of a guarantee.

From Mr. Wiltjer

 

Dear BBN, this past month has been very emotional and challenging for me. Whether to transfer or not has been one of the toughest decisions of my life, so I would like to thank everyone for being so supportive through this process. I feel like in my basketball career I’m facing a make it or break it moment and the primary factor in this decision is transforming my body. I’m choosing to transfer to Gonzaga because i feel they have a proven plan in place to help develop players similar to me, which has seen great results. I believe with hard work I can maximize my development at Gonzaga. The last two years at UK have been a valuable experience and I’m very grateful for them. Even though I’m leaving the program, Coach Cal and I will continue our relationship and I will look to him for advice. He is more than just a coach to me. I have made many friends here and I plan to come back. My heart will always be in Lex.

 

Thank you BBN,

 

Kyle Wiltjer

 

And this couldn't be accomplished at UK because..................

And this couldn't be accomplished at UK because..................

 

Too many rap videos and turtle catching expeditions.

 

Too many rap videos and turtle catching expeditions.

 

Exactly, White Boy Academy was holding Wiltjer back.

Good luck, Kyle! Many of us will still be rooting for you.

Good luck, Kyle! Many of us will still be rooting for you.

 

Around 82% of us? :sssh:

 

Count me in as one of the 82% that will be rooting for him.

I saw where Adam Morrison(former college POY in 2006) is heading back to Gonzaga as a student assistant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.