Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Wiltjer to Gonzaga

Featured Replies

Became official today, per CBS Sports. Best of luck.

Edited by Randy Parker

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Wrong board if someone can move, thanks.

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio

Wiltjer made his decision this past week and moved out of Wildcat Lodge last night

It was clear that Kyle was never going to develop into a star at UK-he didn't have the work ethic to make it to the next level while in Lexington. He'll fit in fine at Gonzaga- doubt he'll get the star treatment in Spokane like he did in Lex.

:wave:

It was clear that Kyle was never going to develop into a star at UK-he didn't have the work ethic to make it to the next level while in Lexington. He'll fit in fine at Gonzaga- doubt he'll get the star treatment in Spokane like he did in Lex.

 

Why do you say he didn't have the work ethic? I have never heard that. In fact, I heard he worked perhaps harder than anyone else on the team this past season.

 

Second, I am not sure Gonzaga is a good fit. Their style of play does not fit Wiltjer.

Second, I am not sure Gonzaga is a good fit. Their style of play does not fit Wiltjer.

 

They pick and pop and shoot a bunch of threes. How exactly does that not fit Wiltjer???

VOR, ya gotta admit, he looked soft and played soft. I was hoping he would work out but I think he may have been in a little over his head.

They pick and pop and shoot a bunch of threes. How exactly does that not fit Wiltjer???

 

Speed. You surely know better than I, but every time I see Gonzaga they play at a fast pace and push the ball.

Guess there was something to those rumors after all. Best of luck to Wiltjer. Hopefully he'll find his way into the weight room.

This ticks me off, not that he is leaving, but that he is leaving so late in the year like this, we could have offered another player but its too late now. Thanks for that late notice.

Bummed that his stay in Lexington has ended. He infuriated me on the defense end, but I still enjoyed watching him play. Hate to see him leave, but he has to do what is best for himself.

 

Gives me a reason to watch and cheer for a team on the West Coast.

 

Best of luck Kyle!

Why do you say he didn't have the work ethic? I have never heard that. In fact, I heard he worked perhaps harder than anyone else on the team this past season.

 

Second, I am not sure Gonzaga is a good fit. Their style of play does not fit Wiltjer.

 

Common knowledge in Lexington that Kyle was not MKG in the weight room. He enjoyed the 'star' life at UK but wouldn't work hard enough in conditioning/strenght training to earn it. Gonzaga will be much more 'laid back'. Still doubt there's anyone in that league he can guard.

I like Kyle and hate to see him go, hope it works out well for him.

Common knowledge in Lexington that Kyle was not MKG in the weight room. He enjoyed the 'star' life at UK but wouldn't work hard enough in conditioning/strenght training to earn it. Gonzaga will be much more 'laid back'. Still doubt there's anyone in that league he can guard.

 

Info I had not heard. Looking at him, it doesn't surprise that he didn't hit the weights. I am not sure what you are saying as to Gonzaga being more "laid back".

 

I am trying to figure out what about Gonzaga is a better situation for him than UK. I don't know Gonzaga's roster but I assume more playing time is the expectation. If he is going to be a 3 point shooting specialist as GT's post above somewhat infers, how is that different than what he was at UK?

 

Regardless, I wish him the best of luck. I am not upset with him leaving. He has to do what he feels is right for him. I am just questioning if this was the right move for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.