Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What team is better coached, Mayfield or Beechwood?

Featured Replies

Quote from zero in the speed thread:

 

"I have said for 3 years now that Beechwood has been out-coached. Last year it was close at half, Mayfield adjusted, Beechwood did not and got smoked the 2nd half."

 

===========================

 

Again, what team is better coached, Mayfield or Beechwood?

  • Replies 117
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would argue that the team with Jonathan Jackson the last two years has been the better coached team...

How do I know how to make that judgment?

I would argue that the team with Jonathan Jackson the last two years has been the better coached team...

 

Beechwood had a very good running back/linebacker if I recall.

  • Author
How do I know how to make that judgment?

 

It will take someone informed that has seen the Mayfield/Beechwood game the last few years.

 

I won't be offering an opinion other than I spoke with a Beechwood coach about this and he told me he thought the coaching was pretty equal.

To determine if one coaching staff was better than the other..................simply ask yourself, "If the coaches switched players would the coaching staff with the Mayfield players win?

 

If you answer Yes then coaching does not have much to do with it.

Mayfield! Hands Down!

To determine if one coaching staff was better than the other..................simply ask yourself, "If the coaches switched players would the coaching staff with the Mayfield players win?

 

If you answer Yes then coaching does not have much to do with it.

 

I agree. It's too close to call. Both are great coaches!

I agree. It's too close to call. Both are great coaches!

 

IMO, one is living on previous coaches laurels.

Beechwood had a very good running back/linebacker if I recall.

 

You would be hard pressed to argue that Jackson is not one of the 5 best players ever to play at Mayfield, and that's some pretty select company...Beechwood, while they have had excellent players, had nobody on that level the last two years. I would argue that both teams are excellently coached, Mayfield just has had the trump card in Jackson.

Truth be told, last years beechwood team was not that good. Ide expect them to be really good the next few years.

W's & L's would tend to support one of the coaches and that's a pretty big measuring stick

Truth be told, last years beechwood team was not that good. Ide expect them to be really good the next few years.

 

New Cath was finally able to beat Beechwood for the first time in 3 years, so I can see why you would say that. :banana:

New Cath was finally able to beat Beechwood for the first time in 3 years, so I can see why you would say that. :banana:

 

Yeah, we'll if you take away a blown call in 10 and hightchew not getting hurt in the first quarter of 11, you wouldn't be saying that and IDE still be saying the same thing.

 

Took a blown call in overtime to beat NCC in 10 and with hightchew out most the game in 11, beechwood wins 29-20 at home. Lets not forget the bogus offside call on the opening KO which resulted in a rekick and a KO return in 11.....

 

Honestly, the 11 beechwood team was the better of the last three seasons. By the way, NCC has won 2 out of the last 3 2A state titles, how many 1A titles has beechwood won in that time?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.