Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eric Deters Records Himself Getting A Ticket

Featured Replies

Was he really going 53 in a 35? If so what is his complaint?

 

He was clearly being a sensationalist jerk.

Edited by PurplePride92

  • Replies 70
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Tough time to be a police officer on BGP this week. Everyone wants to complain about what the cops aren't doing or should be doing. How about we focus on what Eric Deters should be doing which, apparently, is slow down and shut up.

  • Author

I am trying to picture Eric's conversation with the police chief. Seems like it would be short.

 

Chief: Were you going 53?

ED: Yes.

Chief: OK. We're done.

Wow. Tough time to be a police officer on BGP this week. Everyone wants to complain about what the cops aren't doing or should be doing. How about we focus on what Eric Deters should be doing which, apparently, is slow down and shut up.

 

Like I tell the guys who complain about having to wear hardhats on my jobsites, "When you get a job in construction, you can expect three things. 1) You'll sweat in the summer, 2) you'll get cold in the winter, and 3) you'll wear a hardhat."

 

When you take a job as a police officer...you can expect a lot of flack from folks when you are doing your job correctly, and even more when you're not. ...and that's NOT to say that the officers that pulled over Mr. Deters weren't doing their job correctly.

This guy is a Grade A, prime cut moron. Just another example of why lawyers (which I think he is up yalls way?) have such a bad name.

Not HUGE, police departments get a very small portion of the court fees returned to them from citations.

 

I don't think any departments budget is made or saved from writing traffic citations.

 

Some of them get 0. I think the majority goes to the county.

 

I'm not saying that it's not a police officer's job to enforce traffic laws. I agree with that completely.

 

I just think that, at least around northern Kentucky, there are a lot of police officers being paid to do patrol overnight, and in reality, they are doing very little to be productive with their time. I realize that simply "patrolling" can be a little more of a reactionary job than a proactive one, but there are plenty of things to be done while they have "down time".

 

Why is it that police officers choose to so vigilantly dedicate themselves to patrolling streets for traffic infractions during the hours when those roads are the absolute least traveled?

 

Also, I can think of several cities in northern Kentucky where anyone can find 50-100% of the police force sitting and talking to one other (in their running patrol cars), or talking around coffees in a convenient store (while their patrol cars sit running) for quite lengthy periods of time overnight. That, or there is one officer sitting with his radar gun on, and the other officer is sitting opposite to him in conversation.

 

There are reasons for most things. Many drunks, at least several I've known who got caught, prefer to stay off main roads when they are DUI. That's one possible reason for enforcement on the roads less traveled, especially at night.

 

Also there are reasons police keep there vehicles running most of the time which I'm sure rocket or guru could explain.

Also there are reasons police keep there vehicles running most of the time which I'm sure rocket or guru could explain.

 

Several reasons including lots of equipment running off the car's electrical system, lazy, have a K9 in the vehicle and have to keep the car cool/warm, arrogance, etc...

Why is it that police officers choose to so vigilantly dedicate themselves to patrolling streets for traffic infractions during the hours when those roads are the absolute least traveled?

 

A couple of thoughts here, calls for service in general are probably down at the times you are speaking of giving the officers more time to address enforcement issues. In other words, you could argue this is something a go-getter would do. Also, when the roads are really really busy there is a line of thought that says you should get out of the way because you can do more harm than good with all the congestion. And finally, violators are violators. The ones that violate during the busy times most often probably violate during the non-busy times too. In other words, no matter when you hand out the tickets eventually the people that need to be cited get theirs.

Back to the subject of the thread, I believe I understand why Deters does a lot of what he does (it helps the brand) but not in this case. I think Deters was a complete jerk and doing something like this and boasting about it undermines his limited credibility.

 

I know you look at BGP from time to time Eric, this one is a loser...

 

Several reasons including lots of equipment running off the car's electrical system, lazy, have a K9 in the vehicle and have to keep the car cool/warm, arrogance, etc...

 

I knew you could explain it better than I.

Do people talk to cops like that often? That's pretty wild. Not sure what the purpose of the video was but I cannot imagine a scenario where I would talk to a cop like that.

 

But Mr. Deters isn't going to get hauled in for TWB, either.

Back to the subject of the thread, I believe I understand why Deters does a lot of what he does (it helps the brand) but not in this case. I think Deters was a complete jerk and doing something like this and boasting about it undermines his limited credibility.

 

I know you look at BGP from time to time Eric, this one is a loser...

On his Facebook thread, I posted how disgraceful I thought it was for a man who supposedly represents the legal system to treat law enforcement officers this way. But I think this stunt can be summed up by saying that Mr. Deters hadn't been in the public eye for over 15 minutes, so he felt the need to do something ridiculous to get back in the game. :rolleyes:
But Mr. Deters isn't going to get hauled in for TWB, either.

 

I wasn't going to say it but you and I are on the same page. :D

Deters ALWAYS finds time to complain about police. It seems he has a deep rooted dislike for police. I don't know if he had a run-in with an officer years ago or if it stems from getting his rear kicked by one in the MMA fiasco. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this guy rocket up and down route 17 in Independence area weaving in and out of traffic and running stop lights. He's the perfect example of a "do as I say, not as I do" personality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.