Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eric Deters Records Himself Getting A Ticket

Featured Replies

  • Replies 70
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What took you so long to post this, this was a hot topic yesterday, lol

This just reinforces my dislike of Eric Deters.

I have to admit, I chuckled.

Do people talk to cops like that often? That's pretty wild. Not sure what the purpose of the video was but I cannot imagine a scenario where I would talk to a cop like that.

Do people talk to cops like that often? That's pretty wild. Not sure what the purpose of the video was but I cannot imagine a scenario where I would talk to a cop like that.

 

People that want to kept their name in the news.

I have to admit' date=' I chuckled.[/quote']

 

I laughed when he asked something or said something like 'why was I pulled over' and the officer said 'because you were (blank) speeding!'

Edited by PurplePride92

I don't understand the "you shouldn't pull me over because there's a heroin epidemic" argument.

I don't understand the "you shouldn't pull me over because there's a heroin epidemic" argument.

 

Agreed that it's not any kind of an argument whatsoever. However, I think on a wide scale, there are a LOT of better uses of time for a LOT of the police forces in northern Kentucky.

Who is this clown? I'm guessing he is somebody "Famous" in NKY...seems to be a jerk

 

Agreed that it's not any kind of an argument whatsoever. However, I think on a wide scale, there are a LOT of better uses of time for a LOT of the police forces in northern Kentucky.

 

There are plenty of police officers in NKY. I don't think they have to really worry about where they spend their time. They have plenty of officers to do all different kinds of things. Enforcing traffic laws, whether anyone likes it or not, is part of a police officers job.

There are plenty of police officers in NKY. I don't think they have to really worry about where they spend their time. They have plenty of officers to do all different kinds of things. Enforcing traffic laws, whether anyone likes it or not, is part of a police officers job.

 

Huge money maker.

Huge money maker.

Not HUGE, police departments get a very small portion of the court fees returned to them from citations.

 

I don't think any departments budget is made or saved from writing traffic citations.

Was he really going 53 in a 35? If so what is his complaint?

There are plenty of police officers in NKY. I don't think they have to really worry about where they spend their time. They have plenty of officers to do all different kinds of things. Enforcing traffic laws, whether anyone likes it or not, is part of a police officers job.

 

I'm not saying that it's not a police officer's job to enforce traffic laws. I agree with that completely.

 

I just think that, at least around northern Kentucky, there are a lot of police officers being paid to do patrol overnight, and in reality, they are doing very little to be productive with their time. I realize that simply "patrolling" can be a little more of a reactionary job than a proactive one, but there are plenty of things to be done while they have "down time".

 

Why is it that police officers choose to so vigilantly dedicate themselves to patrolling streets for traffic infractions during the hours when those roads are the absolute least traveled?

 

Also, I can think of several cities in northern Kentucky where anyone can find 50-100% of the police force sitting and talking to one other (in their running patrol cars), or talking around coffees in a convenient store (while their patrol cars sit running) for quite lengthy periods of time overnight. That, or there is one officer sitting with his radar gun on, and the other officer is sitting opposite to him in conversation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.