Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eric Deters Records Himself Getting A Ticket

Featured Replies

Saying he should be terminated is a gross overreaction.

 

We can disagree on that.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We can disagree on that.

 

I rarely agree with LRCW anymore but I am with him on this topic, way overreaction on your part. All things considered what the officer did was minor.

Let us know please.

 

At a minimum I think his super needs to have a ten second discussion with him about it.

 

I agree and I'm sure the officer does too. He knows he shouldn't have used profanity and its not acceptable.

Saying he should be terminated is a gross overreaction.
Absolutely! Actually, he should get a medal!

Honestly, i don't like Deters at all, and he probably didn't go about making his point the right way, but he has one.

 

And to say the police officer shouldn't be disciplined is crazy. Yeah, it was a tough situation, but you have to be the professional. If a detained inmate spits on an officer, is it okay for the officer to spit back at them.? No. If a student is verbally abusing a teacher is it okay for the teacher to verbally abuse the student back? No.

 

Be the professional... Be the adult. Don't go down to his level.

  • Author
Honestly, i don't like Deters at all, and he probably didn't go about making his point the right way, but he has one.

 

And to say the police officer shouldn't be disciplined is crazy. Yeah, it was a tough situation, but you have to be the professional. If a detained inmate spits on an officer, is it okay for the officer to spit back at them.? No. If a student is verbally abusing a teacher is it okay for the teacher to verbally abuse the student back? No.

 

Be the professional... Be the adult. Don't go down to his level.

 

IMO poor analogies.

 

Spitting does not equal cursing.

Adult/minor in the other one.

 

If I'm the chief this falls under "I understand. I might have reacted the same way but we just can't. Try not to let it happen again."

 

That would be it. Expecting the police to never curse is simply unrealistic.

IMO poor analogies.

 

Spitting does not equal cursing.

Adult/minor in the other one.

 

If I'm the chief this falls under "I understand. I might have reacted the same way but we just can't. Try not to let it happen again."

 

That would be it. Expecting the police to never curse is simply unrealistic.

 

...and then the chief pats him on the back and says, "I would have added a few more". :lol2:

I read through a bunch of the comments on his facebook post, which I now regret, and I saw a lot of the same crying about speed traps. The other day halfback20 posted a commented that there is no such thing as a speed trap, you know what the speed limit is. This made me think a bit and it made sense, as long as the limit is posted is there really such a thing as a speed trap? You could argue that if the limit drops from 55 to 35 and a cop sits just past the 35 limit sign pulling people over that haven't slowed down enough that it's a speed trap. But really other then that is there such a thing.

Also, this is my first exposure to him but Eric Deters is a first class tool. The officer should not have lost his cool and dropped the F bomb but I understand.

Again, also as advertised by theState Hwy Patrol along with local counties & agencies are running their "Blue lights across the Bluegrass campaign this summer." It's designed to enforce traffic laws.

I read through a bunch of the comments on his facebook post' date=' which I now regret, and I saw a lot of the same crying about speed traps. The other day halfback20 posted a commented that there is no such thing as a speed trap, you know what the speed limit is. This made me think a bit and it made sense, as long as the limit is posted is there really such a thing as a speed trap? You could argue that if the limit drops from 55 to 35 and a cop sits just past the 35 limit sign pulling people over that haven't slowed down enough that it's a speed trap. But really other then that is there such a thing.[/quote']

 

I agree that your example could be considered a speed trap.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.