Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul Daugherty Needs to Shut Up

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Snyder of CBS Sports weighs in on the subject.

 

 

Homer Bailey

Hal McCoy says there is night and day difference between young Homer and the way he treats the media now. How many interviews have you done with him?

 

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it and Hal McCoy is the man so if he says it, I believe. But please, no need to throw a silly "how many interviews have you done comment" into the post. Attacking the messenger doesn't change the facts of Homer's past behavior. Your own post above with McCoy's comments verifies that Bailey has been a pain. Bailey's actions after the no hitter were not professional behavior. It was more like behavior of the immature Bailey in the past that McCoy commented on. So has he truly changed?

I would rather he punched him in the mouth for a ridiculous question after a no-hitter. Doc's a moron. Biggest non-story ever.

I think Homer should offer a heartfelt response to Paul Daugherty. He should say something like this:

 

Doc, we play in a game that takes balls, and those balls have to be thrown by men with big guns. Who's gonna do it? You? Marty? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Fox Sports Ohio, and you curse my cursing. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know – that my mistake, while tragic, probably raised ratings. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games.

 

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that ball – you need me on that ball. We use words like honor, class, decency. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a hash tag.

 

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of athleticism that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a glove, and stand on the mound. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

 

This is awesome BF! Hats off to you!

 

PD needs to go back to writing about his daughter...who is awesome by the way!

I've always wondered why some of the Reds don't put Marty, Thom, Doc, ect. in their place. Those guys, especially Thom and Marty, rag on some of the Reds so much it's ridiculous. Bruce and Homer get the worst of it, IMO. Loved when Homer talked about how hard this game is even though "those guys up there" make it sound so easy. Good for him.

 

A few former Reds said that during ST and different points during the beginning of his career Homer was standoffish. Then those early years "humbled him" and he's been more accepting of advice and learning. It has showed.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it and Hal McCoy is the man so if he says it, I believe. But please, no need to throw a silly "how many interviews have you done comment" into the post. Attacking the messenger doesn't change the facts of Homer's past behavior. Your own post above with McCoy's comments verifies that Bailey has been a pain. Bailey's actions after the no hitter were not professional behavior. It was more like behavior of the immature Bailey in the past that McCoy commented on. So has he truly changed?

 

You're the one that called him a "prima dona turd", so I believe that makes you more than just a messenger. How did him cursing make him immature? He was caught up in the moment. Bailey himself said he didn't realize he had said that.

It slips sometimes...happened to Lee Corso and that was hilarious. Maybe I'm just immature too though.

You're the one that called him a "prima dona turd", so I believe that makes you more than just a messenger. How did him cursing make him immature? He was caught up in the moment. Bailey himself said he didn't realize he had said that.

 

I have more of an issue of him standing up WLW than the curse word, hence the prima donna turd comment. And I do consider that comment a summary of his previous poor attitude over his Reds career. This behavior by Bailey is nothing new.

Players have been snubbing media forever. Oh and they have been known to swear now and then. Non issue to me. Seems to me that what Homer does on the field is way more important than this drivel.

I have more of an issue of him standing up WLW than the curse word, hence the prima donna turd comment. And I do consider that comment a summary of his previous poor attitude over his Reds career. This behavior by Bailey is nothing new.

 

Why does he owe an interview to WLW?

I have more of an issue of him standing up WLW than the curse word, hence the prima donna turd comment. And I do consider that comment a summary of his previous poor attitude over his Reds career. This behavior by Bailey is nothing new.

 

Why do you feel Homer is required to grant every interview request?

 

He handled himself well after the game I thought. He was excited and happy after a major accomplishment, he let a bad word fly, it happens. Also, just so you know, Homer wasn't able to leave the stadium until well after 2 am Wednesday morning. He complied with pretty much everything asked of him, aside from doing an interview with the guys that have ripped him mercilessly for the past 5-6 years. I see nothing wrong with that.

Why does Daugherty need to shut up? For expressing his opinion. That is what we do here everyday on BGP. That is his occupation, so I have no problem with him writing it. Didn't say I have to agree with it, but he surely shouldn't be silent about it. Oh, yeah, he was back in the clubhouse the next day to face the music, if need be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.