July 3, 201313 yr In response to the posts above, I ask this question ... Who has more attitude - Marty or Homer?
July 3, 201313 yr In response to the posts above, I ask this question ... Who has more attitude - Marty or Homer? Marty and it ain't close. :lol2:
July 3, 201313 yr Author Bailey is an attitude. Doc isn't the only one refusing to ignore it. Did anyone hear how ticked off Marty was last night after the game when Bailey blew him off? He blew off the guy who has blasted him for the last 5 years? Shocking.
July 3, 201313 yr He blew off the guy who has blasted him for the last 5 years? Shocking. No change in behavior by Bailey between last night and his first spring training. I don't know why Marty or Doc are surprised by any of Bailey's actions last night.
July 3, 201313 yr Daugherty is bringing more attention to what Bailey said last night than Bailey ever did by saying what he did. To be honest with you I never even noticed what he said until Spindoc texted me, and asked me if I heard what Bailey said during the interview. I don't curse, but if everyone was honest I'd be willing to be that just about everyone (except my mother :no: ) has uttered that word one time or another.Yeah, we had to run the recording back to catch it. It was a total non-issue. Daugherty, Spoiled-Man Dennison and all their cohorts should be ashamed of themselves and turn in their Reds fan cards!
July 3, 201313 yr Author No change in behavior by Bailey between last night and his first spring training. I don't know why Marty or Doc are surprised by any of Bailey's actions last night. What "actions" exactly? Him slipping up and saying I bad word.
July 3, 201313 yr Yeah, we had to run the recording back to catch it. It was a total non-issue. Daugherty, Spoiled-Man Dennison and all their cohorts should be ashamed of themselves and turn in their Reds fan cards! I see negative the media attention as more of a "you reap what you sow" for Bailey. He has been a prima donna turd since the first time he was in spring training. IMO his attitude hurt his development. It took getting his butt kicked around a little in the bigs for him to finally listen and improve. How dare anyone question him ... don't they know he is Homer Bailey?
July 3, 201313 yr Yeah, we had to run the recording back to catch it. It was a total non-issue. Daugherty, Spoiled-Man Dennison and all their cohorts should be ashamed of themselves and turn in their Reds fan cards! I agree, when PD stops hitting backspace or delete on pieces or papers he is writing and puts it out there unedited...shut up!
July 3, 201313 yr I think Homer should offer a heartfelt response to Paul Daugherty. He should say something like this: Doc, we play in a game that takes balls, and those balls have to be thrown by men with big guns. Who's gonna do it? You? Marty? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Fox Sports Ohio, and you curse my cursing. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know – that my mistake, while tragic, probably raised ratings. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that ball – you need me on that ball. We use words like honor, class, decency. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a hash tag. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of athleticism that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a glove, and stand on the mound. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
July 3, 201313 yr I guess I've been out of the loop. What did Homer "blow off" with Marty? Did Marty want him to come on the post-game show? I didnt have a problem with the curse word. However, I would understand if the Reds issued an apology(they may have) because they are still a biz and there are fans who are upset that their young kids heard it/heard about it. It's certainly not a big deal though and I think PDoc made too much of it.
July 3, 201313 yr I guess I've been out of the loop. What did Homer "blow off" with Marty? Did Marty want him to come on the post-game show? I didnt have a problem with the curse word. However, I would understand if the Reds issued an apology(they may have) because they are still a biz and there are fans who are upset that their young kids heard it/heard about it. It's certainly not a big deal though and I think PDoc made too much of it. Thom issued an apology to the fans right after the interview.
July 3, 201313 yr I guess I've been out of the loop. What did Homer "blow off" with Marty? Did Marty want him to come on the post-game show? I didnt have a problem with the curse word. However, I would understand if the Reds issued an apology(they may have) because they are still a biz and there are fans who are upset that their young kids heard it/heard about it. It's certainly not a big deal though and I think PDoc made too much of it. Homer refused to talk to Seg after the game because he works for WLW...
July 3, 201313 yr I see negative the media attention as more of a "you reap what you sow" for Bailey. He has been a prima donna turd since the first time he was in spring training. IMO his attitude hurt his development. It took getting his butt kicked around a little in the bigs for him to finally listen and improve. How dare anyone question him ... don't they know he is Homer Bailey? Hal McCoy says there is night and day difference between young Homer and the way he treats the media now. How many interviews have you done with him?
July 3, 201313 yr The reason Homer pitches so well now is because he has matured greatly. Just because he doesn't like Marty doesn't mean he has an attitude problem. I don't like some people and I hope people don't think I have an attitude problem.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.