Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul Daugherty Needs to Shut Up

Featured Replies

The Homer Line, 7/3. Time to apologize

 

This is why I thought Homer Bailey would be the best pitcher on The Club’s staff this year. It’s why he still can be. David Dewitt Bailey teases you with nights like Tuesday, shows so sublime, you wonder where that guy is the rest of the season. Not throwing no-hitters every five days, obviously. But spotting fastball after fastball and imposing all that long, tall Texas stubbornness on every hitter he sees.

 

Watching him last night was like watching Superman bend steel or a Master bust half a dozen blocks of wood with a fist. The cliche is, nearly every no-hitter involves at least one fine defensive play. While Votto made a great decision, throwing to third base on Posey’s soft bloop ground ball in the 7th, that was a mental triumph, not a feat of physical skill. Bailey’s mastery was so thorough, great defense wasnt required.

 

Great effort, from a guy whose potential has wowed us for years.

 

Too bad he tarnished it afterward.

 

 

I engaged in a little Twitter war immediately after. “Bailey has just dropped an F-bomb into his postgame interview,” I tapped. “Very classy.” 27 RTs later, I was being slammed from coast to coast. The gist was, “He was excited. He was emotional. Way to rain on his parade. Give him a break.”

 

Please.

 

I mean, please.

 

In the course of the 15-minute Twitter skirmish between me and my “followers,” not one respondent took Bailey to task. I mean, not one.

 

Congratulations to Bailey on his second no-hitter in 10 months. Spectacular achievement. Now apologize for diminishing it with your childish behavior.

 

 

 

I guess he did his job and got the click that he wanted on his article but I just had to share how ridiculous this is with you guys. I usually never read his stuff. He got crushed in the comment section of the article as well.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tweeted last night how it's amazing how many batters swing at high fastballs.

 

That alone speaks volumes about PDoc & baseball...

Doc and the clowns at WLW aren't satisfied unless the story is about them. Typical, sadly...

Daughtery is an idiot. A fact many have known for quite some time. He just wanted to remind anyone who either wasn't aware or had forgotten.

  • Author

Here are his tweets leading up to the final out...

 

Paul Daugherty ‏@EnquirerDoc 18h

Nights like this make you want more from Bailey

 

Paul Daugherty ‏@EnquirerDoc 18h

If Bailey is perfect thru 8 Dusty will pull him, to make sure Chappy gets the save. Lol

 

Paul Daugherty ‏@EnquirerDoc 17h

Ah well

 

Paul Daugherty ‏@EnquirerDoc 17h

Does Tom Browning sigh relief like the 72 dolphins?

Paul Daugherty ‏@EnquirerDoc 17h

Amazing how many good hitters swing at high fastballs outta the zone

 

 

Then one last one complaining about the cuss word. Not once did he talk about the dominant performance from Homer.

Daugherty is bringing more attention to what Bailey said last night than Bailey ever did by saying what he did. To be honest with you I never even noticed what he said until Spindoc texted me, and asked me if I heard what Bailey said during the interview. I don't curse, but if everyone was honest I'd be willing to be that just about everyone (except my mother :no::p ) has uttered that word one time or another.

Wonder if the station could get fined for not employing an edit pause?

The real question is "are there any other kind of walks than the kind Bailey alluded to last night?"

The real question is "are there any other kind of walks than the kind Bailey alluded to last night?"

 

Those and intentional are the only two I've heard of.

Wonder if the station could get fined for not employing an edit pause?

 

Not on cable...

Bailey is an attitude. Doc isn't the only one refusing to ignore it. Did anyone hear how ticked off Marty was last night after the game when Bailey blew him off?

Bailey is an attitude. Doc isn't the only one refusing to ignore it. Did anyone hear how ticked off Marty was last night after the game when Bailey blew him off?

 

I would do the same to Marty. Marty is the most negative team announcer, he spins everything negative....I can't stand him. The only one more negative about the Reds is his son!

Bailey is an attitude. Doc isn't the only one refusing to ignore it. Did anyone hear how ticked off Marty was last night after the game when Bailey blew him off?

 

Marty needs to get over himself. If he was still half as good at calling a game as he thinks he is, he'd be tolerable.

I would do the same to Marty. Marty is the most negative team announcer, he spins everything negative....I can't stand him. The only one more negative about the Reds is his son!

 

Marty is the greatest announcer in the history of baseball....Just ask him, he'll tell ya!

Marty needs to get over himself. If he was still half as good at calling a game as he thinks he is, he'd be tolerable.

 

 

Marty loves him some Marty....and hates on everyone else!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.