Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul Daugherty Needs to Shut Up

Featured Replies

Why does he owe an interview to WLW?

 

I don't care either way but wouldn't it be seen as a big deal to snub one of the Reds Radio Network's flagship stations by the Reds front office? These stations pay to broadcast the Reds games and I would think management would want their employees to grant them interviews.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does he owe an interview to WLW?

 

Because it is the Reds network and every fan not watching TV would have loved to hear from him?

Because it is the Reds network and every fan not watching TV would have loved to hear from him?

 

 

The Reds radio network used to have a "Star of the Game" show hosted by Joe Nuxhall after every game. Do you know why they quit doing that?

The Reds radio network used to have a "Star of the Game" show hosted by Joe Nuxhall after every game. Do you know why they quit doing that?

 

Because the players hated doing it...

Because the players hated doing it...

 

 

Exactly. And VOR likes it, but yet he's calling out Bailey for not wanting to do an interview with Marty.

Exactly. And VOR likes it, but yet he's calling out Bailey for not wanting to do an interview with Marty.

 

I am bringing to everyone's attention that Bailey blowing off WLW is not something new. It is a character trait of his. He has a history of attitude issues.

 

An interview broadcast to Reds fans on their radio network on a special night is different than star of the game every night.

 

I liked GT's post because I agree it is true.

He owes nothing to Reds fans or the Reds radio network, and especially not Marty.

I am bringing to everyone's attention that Bailey blowing off WLW is not something new. It is a character trait of his. He has a history of attitude issues.

 

An interview broadcast to Reds fans on their radio network on a special night is different than star of the game every night.

 

I liked GT's post because I agree it is true.

 

 

The point is they did away with it because the players didn't want to do it. Bailey didn't want to do the interview. There is no difference.

 

He had already done an interview with MLB Network right after the game. Then he did the interview with FSO, and then there was the post game interview with all of the media. How many interviews do you expect him to grant?

The point is they did away with it because the players didn't want to do it. Bailey didn't want to do the interview. There is no difference.

 

He had already done an interview with MLB Network right after the game. Then he did the interview with FSO, and then there was the post game interview with all of the media. How many interviews do you expect him to grant?

 

One more to the Reds radio network? :sorry:

 

Once again, I am just saying I am not surprised Bailey didn't do the interview with WLW because of his history. How many Reds would have blown off WLW in that situation? We can never answer that but I think most, if not all, other players would have accomodated WLW.

One more to the Reds radio network? :sorry:

 

Once again, I am just saying I am not surprised Bailey didn't do the interview with WLW because of his history. How many Reds would have blown off WLW in that situation? We can never answer that but I think most, if not all, other players would have accomodated WLW.

 

 

Homer Bailey is Sean Casey compared to Steve Carlton.

Homer Bailey is Sean Casey compared to Steve Carlton.

 

True.

 

Maybe that is Homer's role model ... Steve Carlton. A good one to aspire to, at least on the field.

Who cares what kind of attitude he has? Just like I don't care what kind of attitude any worker has for any product I purchase. All I care about is if it what I paid for...

True.

 

Maybe that is Homer's role model ... Steve Carlton. A good one to aspire to, at least on the field.

 

Probably the "The Ryan Express".

Why does Daugherty need to shut up? For expressing his opinion. That is what we do here everyday on BGP. That is his occupation, so I have no problem with him writing it. Didn't say I have to agree with it, but he surely shouldn't be silent about it. Oh, yeah, he was back in the clubhouse the next day to face the music, if need be.

 

And when we say something stupid we are, essentially, told to "shut up"...within BGP rules...of course.

And when we say something stupid we are, essentially, told to "shut up"...within BGP rules...of course.

 

That's my favorite part. Love gettin the riot act when I say something dumb.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.