Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Ticket Question

Featured Replies

Looking to go up to see the Reds and Mariners on Sat-Sunday July 6 and 7 or at least Saturdays game.

 

Here is my question, what is the best way to get decent tickets. I'm a little mobility challenged in that I can't walk a long distance very easily due to jacked up Heart. Will be looking at 4 tickets for the games. Is the best way to go straight to the Reds, an after market site or on the street the day of the game. Never been to GABP really looking forward to it.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't mind paying full price you can park right on the street and get them at the ticket office, not too bad a walk or have someone drop you off if there is no parking available on the street. That's if you are a local to Cincinnati. I saw a lot of tickets on EBay for that series, some at pretty good prices. You may even be able to get electronic printing on them or free shipping if you have time for that. StubHub will charge a service fee but you can get cheap tickets there and can also print them. Season ticket holders offer their extra tickets on StubHub. Don't buy through the Red's website because they work through Ticket Master and charge a fee per ticket and they will be full price. As far as buying them from a scalper you always run the risk that they are not legit tickets and you make not get through the gate after you pay for them.

I usually always go thru stub hub.

never had a problem

All Sunday games are buy one at regular price, get up to 3 more for half price through the Reds ticket office.

 

Otherwise I have found better deals on Stub Hub and another one I can't recall (maybe vivid seats or something like that)

 

If your seats are upstairs, there is an escalator that will take you right up to that level without too much walking.

 

As far as seating, I actually like the 400 level seats either on 1st or 3rd baselines. Good views and the prices are much better than downstairs.

I have had no problems with Stub Hub either and like EZ said if you don't mind paying 12-15 to park then park at the Banks which is right across the street from the stadium. Here's some info about their parking.

 

Central Riverfront Parking Garage

 

Easily accessible from major Interstates I-71, I-75 and I-471, The Banks is built on top of one of the nation’s largest contiguous parking facilities, with nearly 8,000 parking spaces available along the Riverfront.

 

 

Here's the link to their website as well.

 

The Banks | Parking & Public Transport

I recommend sitting in the sun/moon deck, I think those give the greatest value. Ive been to 8 games this year, 7 I have sat out there. Love those seats

  • Author

Ok another question...how tight are the seats? I'm a pretty big boy. Freedom Hall for instance was pretty tight, going to the movies no big deal.

Ok another question...how tight are the seats? I'm a pretty big boy. Freedom Hall for instance was pretty tight, going to the movies no big deal.

 

 

I go about 330, and I have room.

If you have a Handicapped Parking tag, just park in the garage that is right beneath the stadium. We do it all the time. But you'll want to get there at least an hour (preferably an hour and a half) before game time. The easiest way to get to the garage entrance is to come off the Taylor-Southgate Bridge and turn left. The garage entrance is straight ahead. From the garage, you can take the elevator up to the plaza. They'll make you walk out through a gate opening to the plaza and come right back in, so they can scan your ticket, but that's nothing.

Both of the games that weekend are afternoon games. May want to find a shady spot to sit in. Higher rows in 1st base line.

Got tickets through Stubhub a couple of times this year, and will likely never buy directly from the Reds anymore. Have gotten tickets anywhere from 1/2 to 1/3 the price of face value...simply can't beat it. Have been in the upper deck on both the third base and first base lines and haven't had a single problem with the sight lines. I prefer the first base line though., simply because you can see the scoreboard without having to turn your head.

  • Author

Plan as changed to just going to be 2 of us while the other 2 spend the day at the zoo. I'm going to try stub hub and can hopefully get a couple pretty good seats at a decent price.

Stubhub is the place to go....I got 2 tickets to last monday night's game against the Pirates, 2nd row in RF, for $20 total. Those tickets are a minimum of $25 a seat from the Reds or ticketmaster.

Stub Hub is definitely the way to go, unless you don't plan on showing up until the 3rd or 4th inning...then you could scalp a ticket.

 

If half of your crew is going to the Zoo, I'd just have them drop you off downtown at/near The Banks. You can go into one of the local establishments then walk a block or two to Great American Ballpark.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.