Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region predictions

Featured Replies

I think this thing is really at the point of putting 8 teams in a hat pulling out a winner. Any team can defeat another and the draw will give us a little more useful info.

This is one of the most balanced field of teams going in to the tournament that I've seen in a while.

 

It does seem like one of those types of years.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see 7 of the 8 teams able to put together 3 wins in a row. That makes for a great tournament and probable nailbiters in every round. Many years CovCath has gone in as a clear favorite and left in tears. Watch them win this year. Who knows? I'm pulling for the Raiders but there is absolutely no clear favorite in my mind.

I see 7 of the 8 teams able to put together 3 wins in a row. That makes for a great tournament and probable nailbiters in every round. Many years CovCath has gone in as a clear favorite and left in tears. Watch them win this year. Who knows? I'm pulling for the Raiders but there is absolutely no clear favorite in my mind.

 

Ok I will ask...Which team do you feel cannot win 3 in a row?

Ok I will ask...Which team do you feel cannot win 3 in a row?

 

St. Henry is the only team that would shock me if they won three in a row.

The ranking game is pointless this year IMO because all the teams can beat each other.

 

For example take Dixie (I use them because that's the team I know best.) The two rankings I have seen in this thread have them at 7 and 8. They've beaten NCC, Highlands, Boone, St Henry, and Cov Cath. They have loses to some of those teams too. They were also 3 outs from beating Ryle and Beechwood.

 

So as others have said, you can draw a name out of a hat and have a good chance at picking the winner. This is the most balanced regional in a while.

The ranking game is pointless this year IMO because all the teams can beat each other.

 

For example take Dixie (I use them because that's the team I know best.) The two rankings I have seen in this thread have them at 7 and 8. They've beaten NCC, Highlands, Boone, St Henry, and Cov Cath. They have loses to some of those teams too. They were also 3 outs from beating Ryle and Beechwood.

 

So as others have said, you can draw a name out of a hat and have a good chance at picking the winner. This is the most balanced regional in a while.

 

Unless you tell me who pitched for each team then the result of the head-to-head doesn't give me a picture of how they will do against each other in the 9th.

Didn't have the match-ups on the 34 but got the rest right but 1. After seeing the matchup, Dixie was obvious but the other 2 was a toss up. Looks like some of my top pitchers are in this race though.

 

1. Dunn - Cooper

2. Verst - Brossart

3. Cain - NCC

4. Maines - Conner

5. Ganns - Boone

6. Ward - CC

7. Hoard - Ryle

8. Collins - Cooper

9. Suchanek - BW

10.Kuebbing - SH

 

 

Looks like 2 of your top 8 are not and they are on the same team...

What do you mean they are on the same team. One plays for Cooper and the other Brossart. Looks to be 2 different teams to me.

 

Looks like 2 of your top 8 are not and they are on the same team...
What do you mean they are on the same team. One plays for Cooper and the other Brossart. Looks to be 2 different teams to me.

 

Jimmy investigate carefully...2 of your top 8 are on Cooper...

Unless you tell me who pitched for each team then the result of the head-to-head doesn't give me a picture of how they will do against each other in the 9th.

 

They beat Boone & Highland's (pretty sure) aces and Heppler (Ace?) for CCH. Not sure who Beechwood pitched against them (wasn't at that one) but main reason for that loss was the 42 errors by Dixie :ohbrother: If Dixie can limit the miscues, they have just as good a chance as any other team in the field.

1. Highlands- confident and playing well

2. Ryle- have been solid all year

3. Dixie- playing very well, solid pitching staff

4. NCC- Bartels and Cain solid 1-2 punch, Alex Grau being out hurts

5. CovCath- they're still Covcath

6. Beechwood- tough first round opponent, nothing to lose attitude

7. St. Henry- Kuebbing pitching would make them scary, playing well at the right time

8. Boone- won big games down the stretch, just cant see them winning 3 in row

 

 

 

This is based on odds of winning 3 games:

I am sitting here reading all this stuff and I just can't get ove the fact that Highlands, yes Highlands name is being respected in the NKY baseball world again.

I know this is a bit off topic but what Baioni has accomplished is simply mind boggling in just a few short yrs.

 

I like Highlands as the favorite in this tourney simply because they are experienced and playing great baseball at the right moment.

 

The beauty of last yrs post season run was the big game experience that was gained maiking it to the final. This will go a long way this yr imo, one of those "been there, done that" attitudes and this yr will be validation time.

 

Of course I am being a homer here but I do agree with VOR about the Blue Boys. They have had "no doubter" region winners only to be shocked by an underdog and going into this yrs tourney they might just be carrying the "we got nothing to lose"

attitude and could be very dangerous.

 

I will wait for the drawing at noon before making my final predictions...Just sayin.

Prep baseball report analysis....

 

1st round – Newport Central Catholic over Dixie Heights, Beechwood over Boone Co, Ryle over Covington Catholic, Highlands over St, Henry

 

Semi-Finals – Beechwood over Newport Central Catholic, Ryle over Highlands

 

Championship – Ryle over Beechwood

 

Best 1st round game – Flip a coin, seriously. Four 1st round games, all of which could go either way. If we have to pick one – Covington Catholic vs Ryle, they split the season series and this is as much a toss- up game as any first round game in any region.

 

Analysis – I stared at the bracket for an hour and got nowhere. If ever there was a region up for grabs, this is it. Ryle is our choice to advance, with a senior laden squad that has been the most consistent team in the region this spring. In a region that is lacking dominant pitching, we are going with the best offensive team to win it with Baumann, Forbes, Mason, Plvan, and company. Keep an eye on Beechwood. They are loaded with young talent with three freshman in their starting lineup, and we look for them to make a run to the finals.

What a difference a day makes right?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.