Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region predictions

Featured Replies

I like CCH and Holy Cross out of the 35th. Holy Cross is a dangerous team when their whole lineup contributes, and lately, they have done just that. When the bottom of the order sets the table for Callery and Tiberi, between the two of them, it is almost guaranteed runs. Also, HC nearly beat Beechwood in the District Seed game, as BW only won on their bases loaded steal of home, which I think is unlikely to happen again. In the second game, BW did win 9-4, but the Indians threw two pitchers that are unlikely to be seen Tuesday, as HC was saving the top of their staff for the coming week when they played Cov Cath, a game which the Indians won 11-4. Once again, they got to CCH with the whole of their lineup, and with the help of stellar pitching from Nate Cox and Conner Callery.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like to see Dixie do something. Team has been loaded with talent both young and old the last few years

and cant get over the hump? Team is filled with some egos and look at me superstar attitudes and not a very cohesive unit. Think Freshman and Jv coaching staff allows this type of attitude early and it stays with kids in varsity level.

Id like to see Dixie do something. Team has been loaded with talent both young and old the last few years

and cant get over the hump? Team is filled with some egos and look at me superstar attitudes and not a very cohesive unit. Think Freshman and Jv coaching staff allows this type of attitude early and it stays with kids in varsity level.

 

Really? Based on what? I know it was an issue a couple of the players last year but this team is pretty solid. There is always going to be a little underclassmen/upperclassmen disconnect and kids who think they should be playing over others. However, I haven't seen anyone come off as "look at me". Actually, I would say that of the teams that are likely to make the region, Dixie's players have received the least amount of press, as individuals.

you are correct in saying there is disconnect between older and younger players on team and best teams are connected from top to bottom. Until the team realizes your only as good as weakest link, they will not take next step. Coaches on all Dixie levels lacks passion as head coach has allowed "yellers and screamers" to take reigns and coach the team. How much is being done to make players better and develop talent vs ranting when kids do something wrong? Workout in offseason lacks variety and enthusiasm.

you are correct in saying there is disconnect between older and younger players on team and best teams are connected from top to bottom. Until the team realizes your only as good as weakest link, they will not take next step. Coaches on all Dixie levels lacks passion as head coach has allowed "yellers and screamers" to take reigns and coach the team. How much is being done to make players better and develop talent vs ranting when kids do something wrong? Workout in offseason lacks variety and enthusiasm.

 

Again, every team has some disconnect between the classes. There may be slightly more at Dixie based on events from last year but I do not believe it to be a major issue. I am guessing the "yellers and screamers" comment is directed toward the JV coach (from other BGP posts that I have read)? As for coaching, I think if you can find anyone who is 100% happy with their son's coach, they would be in the very small minority. I do think Dixie would benefit from some policy changes (juniors playing JV would be the big one), off-season workouts, etc. but what team wouldn't. I think that this is one of the main reasons Ryle has risen to the top of the region this year (Off-season/summer team).

 

My big issue with your post is "Team is filled with some egos and look at me superstar attitudes and not a very cohesive unit". I do not think that this statement could be any further from the truth.

I may agree with your pick but I'm not sure how this plays a factor into the game.

 

When a group of kids are used to winning, they find ways to keep winning. It is about attitude. It is knowing how to find a way. It is being tough under pressure. It is having a mental expectation and confidence that you or another team mate will make that winning play. Those things translate across sports.

Then why hasnt program won with talent they have had? To be highly successful in varsity baseball you need more totally committed baseball athletes and Dixie just doesnt have it. Kids now a days at elite programs are training year round. Baseball at Dixie is something you do before school is over for year. Super talented sophs on varsity team that look down on same grade kids at varsity level. when given opportunity, varsity coaches dont attend lower level games to show kids coaches have an interest. That is where the disconnect lies and when kids see it, kids do it.

Add to the mix that for the first time this season, players have to deal with 90 degree weather............may or may not be a factor......

Add to the mix that for the first time this season, players have to deal with 90 degree weather............may or may not be a factor......

 

Having played just about the entire season in 60 degree weather (and rain and wind), I actually can see this being an issue, especially as it comes to the pitchers and fatiguing early.

Then why hasnt program won with talent they have had? To be highly successful in varsity baseball you need more totally committed baseball athletes and Dixie just doesnt have it. Kids now a days at elite programs are training year round. Baseball at Dixie is something you do before school is over for year. Super talented sophs on varsity team that look down on same grade kids at varsity level. when given opportunity, varsity coaches dont attend lower level games to show kids coaches have an interest. That is where the disconnect lies and when kids see it, kids do it.

 

Elite programs? Who in this area qualifies as elite? As for the "super talanted sophs", only 3 have been regular starters and they definitely don't seem like that kind of kid. I would suggest you talk to the coaches about your concerns. It helps (sometimes). Just don't label a team of good kids out of frustration on your part.

Teams that will make the regional - Cov Cath, Dixie, New Cath, Highlands.

 

Pitching wins the tough games. The team with the better pitcher on the mound will win 90% of the time. Here is how I see the in doubt match-ups:

 

 

Ryle - Cooper ... I am sure Dunn will be on the mound so that gives Cooper a chance for the upset. Ryle has the best offense in N. Ky. I see Ryle getting enough runs to pullout the win.

 

St. Henry - Lloyd ... If Kuebbing is able to take the mound, I go with St. Henry. If not, it is a toss up, but I will still go with St. Henry.

 

Boone County - Conner ... Conner's senior class has done a lot of winning this year in various sports. I believe that will carry over and they will put together a winning effort.

 

Beechwood - Holy Cross ... If Tiberi is able to pitch, this will be a battle. I see the Tigers getting the win behind Suchanek. The big variable here is youth. When you are counting on freshmen as much as Beechwood is, you hope they can handle the tournament pressure. However, Beechwood's freshmenare different. They have played in big tournaments with their summer teams so I don't think they will feel pressure like other freshmen.

Anyone know the pitching matchup tonight for St. Henry- Lloyd?I heard Kuebbing was not pitching and I heard Brown was not either.So I assume Moilter for Lloyd and Lacorte for St. Henry?????

33rd- toughest district to call. I say Ryle and Conner. Cooper and Boone are tough draws though

34th- Dixie/lloyd. I'm taking Lloyd in a minor upset of St. Henry

35th- CovCath/Beechwood. BW over HC in a tough first round matchup

36th- NCC/Highlands. Bellevue just gave CovCath fits so NCC better be ready.9th region is wide open. Out of the 8 teams that qualify, 5 will have a legitimate chance to win it.

 

Good call.............It was close.

Dixie coaches allow yellers and screamers to run the team? Can you back that statement up? Because I haven't seen it and it sounds like old bulldog hasn't seen it.

 

Dixie kids aren't committed to baseball? I beg to differ as a very large percentage of them play summer ball and fall ball, and quite a few are on very competitive teams.

 

Dixie doesn't have offseason stuff? Are you aware that there is off season conditioning and hitting held? In addition, they did have a fall team last year and are lookin to continue that while possibly adding a second team.

 

I, like old bulldog, have not seen where there are superstar egos. The team has come together very nicely throughout the year and play for each other.

So now that we know the field, anyone want to weigh in? Ill still go with HHS

CCH will draw Ryle, NCC, or the Cru.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.